List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: About Johnny and his eye cancer

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

About Johnny and his eye cancer

Started by Kimalag at 2010/12/22 12:30AM
    Latest post: 2010/12/22 05:30AM, Views: 737, Replies: 1
    page:
    #1   2010/12/22 12:30AM
    About Johnny and his eye cancer
    Kimalag

I mainly come here for the spoilers, but I feel like I needed to write a post about Johnny's eye cancer.

My son Steven had the same cancer, when he was born he had problems right away, the doctor's told me that he had an eye infection. Almost a whole year went by, tons of doctor visit and still they told me this.

I was so upset because his eye was swelling up, watering up and was almost white (like a cat eye when they are going blind) Finally I took him to the ER one night and demanded them to do something, they took x-rays and told me it was a tumor and that it was fixing to bust and it could kill him.

They then fly him to another hospital and removed his eye,this was a week before his first B-day. They put in sea coral for the eye ball and he had to wear tape/patch over it for a another year while it healed.
    His eye stayed sore from the tape and everywhere we went people stared and kids made fun of him, he was just a baby..

We had to go back every 3 months to make sure the cancer didn't come back. He is mental handicap because some of the cancer did go into the brain. He is 20 years old now, he graduated high school and he is always smiling.

Watching Days brought back all the memory's and heartache I went through with my son, I dvr it and tonight my husband said turn it off I can't handle that, too sad for me.

I've been a Days fan for 24 years, I love reading the boards, and Thank you for reading my post.

#2   2010/12/22 05:30AM
    Re: About Johnny and his eye cancer
    Days_pretender

Thank you for sharing this with us. Thank you for taking the time to go through the pain and memories of the thing again to get it on the board. I really appreciate it as a person of one, but let me tell you, there is a lot of us who will read and then re read this post... Thanks again..

May God grant you peace, and have a Wonderful Christmas.

May your 2011 be exactly what you dream it could be... have a Spectacular New Year

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list