List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Today's Topic , Alice Horton's Doughnuts

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Today's Topic , Alice Horton's Doughnuts

Started by Days_pretender at 2010/05/20 06:50AM
    Latest post: 2010/05/20 08:22PM, Views: 3136, Replies: 22
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2010/05/20 06:50AM
    Today's Topic , Alice Horton's Doughnuts
    Days_pretender

Alice Horton’s Doughnuts

2 Eggs
    1 Cup Sugar
    1 Cup Milk
    5 Tablespoons Melted Shortening
    2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

4 Cups All Purpose Flour (Sifted after measuring)
    4 Teaspoon fresh Baking Powder (one more if powder is not fresh)
    ½ Teaspoon Salt

Beat Eggs until frothy
    Gradually add sugar beating constantly.
    Stir in milk, shortening, and vanilla extract

Sift together flour, Baking Powder, and salt. Add to wet ingredients, small amounts at a time, and mixing well after each addition.

Cover and chill for at least 1 hour, more if possible. This makes for easier handling.

During the last half hour of the chilling process, Preheat oven 450 *

Use about half the dough at a time to make it easier to handle.

Pat out, or Roll out dough on lightly floured board to ½ inch thick.

Cut with doughnut cutter. Place doughnuts AND the holes on a cookie sheet at least one (1) inch apart. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.

Remove doughnuts from pan to cool on wire rack, and finish baking another pan full of these delicious ditties.

The doughnuts can be glazed with a thin mixture of powdered sugar and couple of drops of milk, if cinnamon desired, shake in a bag of cinnamon and sugar.

#2   2010/05/20 06:52AM
    Re: Today's Topic , Alice Horton's Doughnuts
    Days_pretender

Oh Yea... Let me know if you stop and pick this up, so I can know who is interested in this type of thing... by by

#3   2010/05/20 07:00AM
    mackate

Thanks so much for putting this recipe on the board. 'Gram's' donuts have been so much a part of the Salem story and the fact that they are not fried is wonderful!! Gotta be the healthiest donuts ever!!

#4   2010/05/20 07:00AM
    Bryceson

I would give this a try only if you can promise me Marlena/Slasher will not be around when it comes time to sample the finished product.

#5   2010/05/20 07:03AM
    Days_pretender

Quote Bryceson: I would give this a try only if you can promise me Marlena/Slasher will not be around when it comes time to sample the finished product.

How about if I tell you I have removed the calories... NOT, I have tried them, they are great, but my butt is not a fair example of calorie free..... LOL....

#6   2010/05/20 07:08AM
    say NY

Thanks Days Pretender you are just too cute!
    I always enjoy reading your posts, you are a funny and clever lady and adorable!

#7   2010/05/20 11:09AM
    Chrissi

Oh this is so fun. I posted this in an article maybe two years ago and somebody tried them! Bryceson we promise Marlena won't git ya. I hope you make them. If you do, please post about it!

#8   2010/05/20 11:24AM
    Days_pretender

Quote Chrissi: Oh this is so fun. I posted this in an article maybe two years ago and somebody tried them! Bryceson we promise Marlena won't git ya. I hope you make them. If you do, please post about it!

They are good, tried by me and our family pot luck, and yes it is worth the time it takes.. Did you try them Chrissi? If not you should. I had the recipee on hand, and just wanted to share with all.. The timing is close enough to the time her family will be together....

#9   2010/05/20 12:20PM
    presley cat

Thank you Mrs. H

#10   2010/05/20 12:41PM
    blindiedling

Thanks, copied it down, sounds like a good recipe to make when we finally move to Florida.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list