List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Who think Jack was a little selfish.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Who think Jack was a little selfish.

Started by smilez55 at 2006/09/20 02:53PM
    Latest post: 2006/09/25 05:18PM, Views: 601, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2006/09/20 02:53PM
    Who think Jack was a little selfish.
    smilez55

I think Jack was very selfish to set Frankie up for a heart break. In the first place he should'nt have left his family but be there with them for the his "last days on earth". The only person hurt in the end was Frankie who was the one that practically saved Jack's life even though he knew he might lose Jennifer, and he did.

#2   2006/09/20 03:04PM
    Re: Who think Jack was a little selfish.
    cincin

I agree. Jack was so selfish to leave his family when he was dying. Frankie gets hurts once again following his heart. Jack convinces Frankie to pick up the pieces and then comes back to rip apart Frankie's life. So wrong!!

#3   2006/09/20 03:25PM
    Serena

Obviously I am a Jack/Jenn fan. I understand Jack wanted to save his family the grief of watching him die, that perhaps was selfish taking their choice away from them. But, he has died so many times in the past, his way of thinking was to allow them to grieve minus the agony of watching him, literally die. He was being considerate in try to assure his family a good man in Frankie. Soaps are soaps, but who really is as selfless as Frankie as to be the instrument who would save Jack's life knowing he'd lose Jenn. I don't know such a person for sure! Yes, that shows love, but he needs to consider himself, as it sounds like he finally is; this chapter is over.
    It is too bad he didn't stay on the show to be with Billie as they have both lost their loves.

#4   2006/09/21 07:32AM
    Chrissi

I'm a Jack and Jen fan as well, but he definitely was selfish. While he didn't know he'd be in remission, he never should have left his family (in my opinion of course) and if he was going to leave, he should have stayed away. It's not fair to anyone what he did.

Alas, it's all done now. I am happy that J&J got a happy ending, but am really sad for poor Frankie with whom I adore. I wish they'd keep him!

#5   2006/09/21 03:54PM
    HOOKED

>( Im not a Jack fan at all...I have always thought his story line was bad and he is not a great actor. Sorry. I think he had died so many times they should have left him dead.

#6   2006/09/21 09:59PM
    Loveletta1

I really love jack, he is so very funny and i can see why jennifer love him so very much. I definitely do not think that jack was being very selfish. He just thinks that he was doing the right thing by staying out of jenn life. He was talked out of this by steve, who thinks that it is not fair to jenn and his daughter to continue the sharade of him being dead. I am also a j@j fan. But i really feel bad for Frankie. It broke my heart just to see him cry. He is a good and wonderful human being. I hope that he will find someone who can love him back whole heartedly....

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2006/09/21 10:03PM
    #7   2006/09/22 07:58AM
    labar_cenici...

Jack has left his family so many times because they're supposedly better off without him, then always returns expecting to get them back. Remember when Abby got sick as a baby? Jack blamed himself but then left. I wasn't a Days fan back then, but I read all about it when I began watching around '94. I could never stand Jack and even when the original Jenn and Jack came back I never got what this huge chemistry and love story between them was. Just my opinion, but I'm not heartbroken to see them leave.

#8   2006/09/22 03:28PM
    Granny Pris

Quote labar_cenicienta: Jack has left his family so many times because they're supposedly better off without him, then always returns expecting to get them back. Remember when Abby got sick as a baby? Jack blamed himself but then left. I wasn't a Days fan back then, but I read all about it when I began watching around '94. I could never stand Jack and even when the original Jenn and Jack came back I never got what this huge chemistry and love story between them was. Just my opinion, but I'm not heartbroken to see them leave.

I have to agree with you on this . I do not see the chemistry with Jack and Jennifer either, and think both of them to be very shallow, thinking of themselves and never giving Frankie the time of day with his feelings. I sincerely hope that Jack and Jen stay in England FOREVER.
    Now, let Frankie find someone that HE can be ALWAYS FIRST with.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2006/09/22 03:30PM
    #9   2006/09/24 01:13AM
    StephanieW

I may have mentioned this somewhere else but I'll say it again and again...I don't like Jack, I despise Jack.
    In the earlier episodes before his "illness", I didn't think much of him. After he left his loved ones just to return even sicker than before he left and ruin a wedding he wanted to happen he infuriated me. Now all he does is whine about every little thing.
    Don't get me wrong when I say this ladies, I am a strong-minded and independant woman BUT I like a strong man too.
    Jack is the exact opposite of a strong man. He is a sniveling little whimp who tucked his tail firmly between his legs and slinked away when things got rough at home. Then came back to bite the hand that was feeding his mournful family. Frankie should stay and fight for Jennifer. Down with Jack!!!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2006/09/24 01:14AM
    #10   2006/09/25 05:18PM
    soapfan30

Quote smilez55: I think Jack was very selfish to set Frankie up for a heart break. In the first place he should'nt have left his family but be there with them for the his "last days on earth". The only person hurt in the end was Frankie who was the one that practically saved Jack's life even though he knew he might lose Jennifer, and he did.

I think that was selfish of him too. I felt so sorry for him when Jennifer chose Jack. If it weren't for Frankie, Jack would not have lived. I think he deserved to be treated better than that.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list