List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Every fan group is obsessed with EJ!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Every fan group is obsessed with EJ!!

Started by Dakota 4762 at 2010/01/11 08:06AM
    Latest post: 2014/07/14 04:24PM, Views: 322290, Replies: 10551
    « 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 » »| page:
    #9481   2013/07/19 05:31AM
    Re: Every fan group is obsessed with EJ!!
    ejami2012

Quote tariro:
    Quote Rosieroserson:
    Quote tariro:
    Quote fadingrose:
    Quote tariro: just finished yesterday's episode. EJ looked hot as usual but what was up with Nicole and the insults to his intelligence and dire predictions. I get that Stefano isn't going curl up and die but what did people really expect EJ to do, always live in fear of his father and not take any major risks for fear of upsetting him? It seems to me that whether EJ was blameless or not Stefano would in some way impact on his life and not for the better as all their previous attempts at getting along have shown. One of the most attractive qualities of the EJ character is that he never gives up, he takes major risks for what he wants and win or lose ,he just keeps coming back . Its the arrogance of it that I love ,his ability -even after he has faced a soul destroying humiliation -to walk back into the same ring and needle all the same people .So yes I'm tired of people telling EJ Stefano will defeat him ,at least he's willing to try.

DAYS wouldn't be DAYS without people sticking their noses where they don't belong--and offering unsolicited advice and warnings. We shoud be used to it by now...

P.S. HAve ben wondering for some time why JS has not been. snatched up for TV movies or Hollywood or even hosting a show like "Biggest Loser," as AS has done. Or did I miss something?He's certainly handsome enough and an excellent actor. Maybe he's just not interested. IN contrast, "Sami" has certainly built her career outside of DAYS impressively. (When I first read the "Fifty Shades" books, I thought JS would be excellent in the role--but I think it's already been cast by what's-his-name from "Vampire Diaries"

From what I've heard breaking out from soaps into primetime is one of the hardest things ever, its easier even as an unknown or as someone who didn't have a major part in a soap .I think it was easier back in the day but not so much now ,I can count on one hand the actors I know who have actually made it after soaps in recent years- Sarah Michelle Gellar, Eva Longoria, Josh Duhamel and Jensen Ackles and they all played supporting roles-not leading ones on a soap.On a soap you get used to the regular salary ,not the moving from role to role and cancelled series to pilots that don't get picked up that most actors usually go through. Also if you leave when you are a leading character ,the writers have to fill up the vacuum you left which doesn't really endear you to the writers or the network so if things don't work out there's no longer any guarantees that if you return to the show you can be front and centre again. I've always suspected that one thing the NBC execs appreciate about Ali is the fact that she has never left the show ,which makes it easier to write around her and probably gave her a major advantage over any other applicants when she wanted to try out a new show like Biggest Loser which is also an NBC production. She has been committed to the show for 20 years straight now so her reward is the highest salary on the show ,a lot of storylines and they make allowances on the DOOL filming schedule for her to undertake other projects,they don't do that for anyone else. JS is still relatively new to the show and after 2014 who knows?

This sounds very reasonable, Tariro, but where did you get this information from? Seems like there are many good reasons for AS and JS to stay on the show:-)

Oh no I didn't get this info from any one particular place ,just conclusions I came too after watching way too many soaps and TV shows and reading too many copies of a magazine we have called TV PLUS ,especially when it comes to actors returning to soaps where they were once important characters e.g when Christie Clark came back the writers couldn't seem to figure what to do with her ,she'd been gone too long and the only familiar thing was her strained relationship with Sami but it didn't work so well anymore because Sami had grown so much as a character that having her play the jealous sidelined little sister didn't work so well anymore. On how hard it is to break out of soaps I read that in a TV magazine ,it was an article on this actor from an old soap I used to watch with my mom called Santa Barbara.

Yes I read that as well going from a soap to movie may be ok but if movie flops doesn't look good for actors/actresses..to risky. Landing primetime series. Same.

They can have clauses that allow them time off to do things. It'd hard to ve s leading person leave soap and thy to cone back. Days has been renewed til 2014 or maybe through 2014. Hoping we jeep Ejami as long as the keep renewing Days. ..it seems .like Js gets a lot of time off although I want Ej five days a week so maybe he does other things we don't know about.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/19 05:35AM
    #9482   2013/07/19 05:33AM
    ej and sami

I loved Ej that men gets Hot everyday. Next week is going to be crazy for ejami because Sami is going to back to jail.Adrienne needs mind her own business now she done some damage. So Ej Justin Will and Sonny are going to have to fix this problem for Sami.

#9483   2013/07/19 05:36AM
    stjarna

Quote tariro:
    Quote Rosieroserson:
    Quote tariro:
    Quote fadingrose:
    Quote tariro: just finished yesterday's episode. EJ looked hot as usual but what was up with Nicole and the insults to his intelligence and dire predictions. I get that Stefano isn't going curl up and die but what did people really expect EJ to do, always live in fear of his father and not take any major risks for fear of upsetting him? It seems to me that whether EJ was blameless or not Stefano would in some way impact on his life and not for the better as all their previous attempts at getting along have shown. One of the most attractive qualities of the EJ character is that he never gives up, he takes major risks for what he wants and win or lose ,he just keeps coming back . Its the arrogance of it that I love ,his ability -even after he has faced a soul destroying humiliation -to walk back into the same ring and needle all the same people .So yes I'm tired of people telling EJ Stefano will defeat him ,at least he's willing to try.

DAYS wouldn't be DAYS without people sticking their noses where they don't belong--and offering unsolicited advice and warnings. We shoud be used to it by now...

P.S. HAve ben wondering for some time why JS has not been. snatched up for TV movies or Hollywood or even hosting a show like "Biggest Loser," as AS has done. Or did I miss something?He's certainly handsome enough and an excellent actor. Maybe he's just not interested. IN contrast, "Sami" has certainly built her career outside of DAYS impressively. (When I first read the "Fifty Shades" books, I thought JS would be excellent in the role--but I think it's already been cast by what's-his-name from "Vampire Diaries"

From what I've heard breaking out from soaps into primetime is one of the hardest things ever, its easier even as an unknown or as someone who didn't have a major part in a soap .I think it was easier back in the day but not so much now ,I can count on one hand the actors I know who have actually made it after soaps in recent years- Sarah Michelle Gellar, Eva Longoria, Josh Duhamel and Jensen Ackles and they all played supporting roles-not leading ones on a soap.On a soap you get used to the regular salary ,not the moving from role to role and cancelled series to pilots that don't get picked up that most actors usually go through. Also if you leave when you are a leading character ,the writers have to fill up the vacuum you left which doesn't really endear you to the writers or the network so if things don't work out there's no longer any guarantees that if you return to the show you can be front and centre again. I've always suspected that one thing the NBC execs appreciate about Ali is the fact that she has never left the show ,which makes it easier to write around her and probably gave her a major advantage over any other applicants when she wanted to try out a new show like Biggest Loser which is also an NBC production. She has been committed to the show for 20 years straight now so her reward is the highest salary on the show ,a lot of storylines and they make allowances on the DOOL filming schedule for her to undertake other projects,they don't do that for anyone else. JS is still relatively new to the show and after 2014 who knows?

This sounds very reasonable, Tariro, but where did you get this information from? Seems like there are many good reasons for AS and JS to stay on the show:-)

Oh no I didn't get this info from any one particular place ,just conclusions I came too after watching way too many soaps and TV shows and reading too many copies of a magazine we have called TV PLUS ,especially when it comes to actors returning to soaps where they were once important characters e.g when Christie Clark came back the writers couldn't seem to figure what to do with her ,she'd been gone too long and the only familiar thing was her strained relationship with Sami but it didn't work so well anymore because Sami had grown so much as a character that having her play the jealous sidelined little sister didn't work so well anymore. On how hard it is to break out of soaps I read that in a TV magazine ,it was an article on this actor from an old soap I used to watch with my mom called Santa Barbara.

when they cannot write a story for a character long gone, that is in my book - lack of imagination, as you can always have the opportunity to evolve a character, but not write them out of character, and have them blend in, bur, the somehow it something that these writers don't grasp at many occasions, and there is fear of, imo, to freshen things up- there is so much they could have done....

which is so mind blowing to me, as look how great they can write EJ, and he is one character that is such a strong presence and if he would leave, aka JS leaves, I don't think that anyone could ever replace him.
    He is feast for the eyes in more ways than just looks!!!

#9484   2013/07/19 06:00AM
    allmylovingdays

stjarna wonderfully said more than just a feast for the eyes is James Scott

don't foret to vote

tvsourcemagazine.com/2013/07/pulse-poll-july-15-2013-edition/

#9485   2013/07/19 06:13AM
    stjarna

Thank you ALMD.

Oh, just want to add that I find it interesting that it was actually EJ who brought it to Eric's attention that Nicole is in love with him!!!!

One more thing- if everyone would always bow down to the likes of Stefano and never stand up to them, what is the point of evolving!
    Someone has got to stand up against Stefano, his terrorising is over!!!!
    And the writers should think about it as they will be sending a message that the likes of Stefano always win, and there is no evolution!IMO

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/19 06:15AM
    #9486   2013/07/19 06:15AM
    fadingrose

Going back to my comment in #9473, about wondering why JS has not branched out int other media...Thank you for all your feedback that follows. "EJ" is free to make his own decision, career-wise--but I still admire "Sami" for taking a possible risk in trying other things. AS certainly has succeeded in multi-tasking. (She's been my favorite character since she was a troubled teen-ager.)

#9487   2013/07/19 06:21AM
    stjarna

Quote fadingrose: Going back to my comment in #9473, about wondering why JS has not branched out int other media...Thank you for all your feedback that follows. "EJ" is free to make his own decision, career-wise--but I still admire "Sami" for taking a possible risk in trying other things. AS certainly has succeeded in multi-tasking. (She's been my favorite character since she was a troubled teen-ager.)

women are just naturally great at multi-tasking inmo, and I tend not to generalise things, ....
    Ink that JS aka EJ is happy in this role. Good, as Days at the moment would be so boring to me without him. In yesterdays ep- ah, he was the only one that I could not wait to see the scene, and not with Samantha only, ... and Nicole bugs me, but the interaction was good!!!
    EJ!

#9488   2013/07/20 08:21AM
    allmylovingdays

What I liked about EJ yesterday was that he still is that man that likes to get involved in everyones business and nothing will prevent him. HE IS VERY HONEST ABOUT IT TOO. He has always been pretty open that he likes to stir the pot. what was his line yesterday, some people just don't want to hear the truth.

Tell it baby!!

#9489   2013/07/20 08:32AM
    Moms Days

Quote stjarna:
    Quote fadingrose: Going back to my comment in #9473, about wondering why JS has not branched out int other media...Thank you for all your feedback that follows. "EJ" is free to make his own decision, career-wise--but I still admire "Sami" for taking a possible risk in trying other things. AS certainly has succeeded in multi-tasking. (She's been my favorite character since she was a troubled teen-ager.)

women are just naturally great at multi-tasking inmo, and I tend not to generalise things, ....
    Ink that JS aka EJ is happy in this role. Good, as Days at the moment would be so boring to me without him. In yesterdays ep- ah, he was the only one that I could not wait to see the scene, and not with Samantha only, ... and Nicole bugs me, but the interaction was good!!!
    EJ!

I read something early this year where someone asked JS why he has not done outside projects and he said his old contract did not really allow it, but with his new contract he can actually do other things now. Maybe that means we will start seeing him in other things now. He probably had to become powerful enough with his popularity to be able to negotiate for more.

#9490   2013/07/21 11:01AM
    allmylovingdays

Did james make it through another round at soapshunk? i haven't gone online there yet. I need to but I am out of here for a bit no AIR no AIR its HOT HOT HOT

« 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list