List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Who is Melanie Layton's mother? Nicole maybe?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Who is Melanie Layton's mother? Nicole maybe?

Started by equalityboy81 at 2009/10/27 07:25PM
    Latest post: 2009/10/29 08:07AM, Views: 1479, Replies: 7
    page:
    #1   2009/10/27 07:25PM
    Who is Melanie Layton's mother? Nicole maybe?
    equalityboy81

Who is Melanie Layton's mother? Nicole maybe? Why isn't Melanie's last name Robbins? Where does the name Layton come from and why was her mother never revealed?

#2   2009/10/27 09:51PM
    Re: Who is Melanie Layton's mother? Nicole maybe?
    dumbfairiesgirl

All I know is that her father was the guy that Nick had killed but I can't remember his name and her half brother was Max Brady that is with Chlesea.

#3   2009/10/28 10:17AM
    Old School K...

I think Melanie will turn out to be Vivian's daughter.

#4   2009/10/28 07:01PM
    DayzDreamin

Quote equalityboy81: Who is Melanie Layton's mother? Nicole maybe? Why isn't Melanie's last name Robbins? Where does the name Layton come from and why was her mother never revealed?

All good questions and I think they leave this sort of stuff open for "future use" instead of introducing a character with a fullfledge history and backstory. As we are witnessing with Rafe they are writing it as they go along, back in the Safehouse they didnt know were they were going with this character and didnt mention any siblings, now we have 1 sister on the scene and another fixing to appear.
    Mia is in almost the same boat as Mel except we know even less, not even about her father. But there is rumour of a connection to Carly, might Carly actually be Mia's bio mom???

#5   2009/10/28 09:49PM
    equalityboy81

If Carly has a child with Bo then by soap years the child would have to be older than Chelsea because Bo was with Billie after Carly left Salem. I certainly hope they don't give her a child with Bo that is younger than Chelsea. Then I'll know the show has gone down the tubes. When did Carly even have a chance to get impregnated by Bo? In real time Shawn-Douglas is actually older than Brady Black but they were SORASed and Brady is a bit older but the same analogy of Bo/Billie and Bo/Carly doesn't apply to them because everyone knows Billie was with Bo after Carly and much longer I believe. To make Chad or Mia or someone else younger than Chelsea to be a child of Bo and Carly's is just too big a stretch.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/10/28 09:50PM
    #6   2009/10/28 09:53PM
    equalityboy81

Quote Old School Karma: I think Melanie will turn out to be Vivian's daughter.

What makes you think that, the red hair? She is younger than Philip and was an older woman when she started on the show and had him via surrogacy/in-vitro. That would be too weird considering Philip and Melanie made love and the same woman gave birth to them. They would be like siblings! Eww! I remember when Rex had a small crush on Belle and they later found out the same woman gave birth to them both. Cassie had a crush on Philip and later found out they were half-siblings. Neither were born through Kate even though she was the mother they shared. Marlena birthed Cassie and Vivian birthed Philip. Vivian and Marlena both have something in common, they gave birth to Kate's children.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/10/28 09:56PM
    #7   2009/10/28 10:02PM
    equalityboy81

Remember one time when Nicole broke down and cried to someone (I forget whom) and confessed she lost a child by miscarriage. She sounded like she wasn't just talking about the child she lost with E.J. I sometimes wonder if Trent Robbins (her ex-husband and Max and Melanie's dad) got Nicole pregnant and made her think she had a miscarriage. Maybe he didn't want the embarassment of a pregnancy. Maybe it stood in the way of some agenda of his.

Trent's last name used to be Becker? What happened there? Did he change his name like Curtis Brown did to Curtis Reed?

Was Maxwell Becker "Max" Brady's mother on the show ever? Her name or anything about her explained? Do Max and Melanie possibly have the same mother or was it said they were half-siblings?

#8   2009/10/29 08:07AM
    bghwme

Poor Melanie has nobody now that Max is gone. Maggie is her substitute parent and Brady is her substitute brother, but that's not like having a real family.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list