List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Dallas - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Dallas Forum :: Why are these seasons so short?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why are these seasons so short?

Started by whatapainchoosinanam at 2013/04/04 04:01AM
    Latest post: 2013/04/12 04:36PM, Views: 1384, Replies: 5
    page:
    #1   2013/04/04 04:01AM
    Why are these seasons so short?
    whatapaincho...

I know season 1 was short, as they were testing the waters for viewers reactions to a remake of the original Dallas.

Butwhy is season 2 so short. It started Jan 28th. And now the sean finalty (2 parts ) is on April 15th.
    That's not even 3 months long. Am I wrong in thinking thats a very short amount of time for a season?

#2   2013/04/04 07:30AM
    Re: Why are these seasons so short?
    kn1231

Quote whatapainchoosinanam: I know season 1 was short, as they were testing the waters for viewers reactions to a remake of the original Dallas.

Butwhy is season 2 so short. It started Jan 28th. And now the sean finalty (2 parts ) is on April 15th.
    That's not even 3 months long. Am I wrong in thinking thats a very short amount of time for a season?

Although its only been on for three months, at the end it will have been a 15 episode season. That seems to be the norm for tv shows these days. So they are not going anything different from other tv shows. I also think this is a way to have the show go on longer, because if the seasons are this length, it means people won't get bored as fast.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/04/04 07:38AM
    #3   2013/04/05 10:41PM
    BringBackStarr

Also remember they are getting in TWO seasons in a little over a year...Not bad...

#4   2013/04/10 09:41AM
    MikeLikesSoaps

Season two was originally scheduled to have 20-22 episodes due to the success of season one. The death of Larry Hagman caused the producer and writers to scrap what was planned for the rest of the season and focus on J.R.'s murder. Once that is resolved, season three will continue with what was supposed to be the second half of season two.

#5   2013/04/12 12:48PM
    darrin

Quote MikeLikesSoaps: Season two was originally scheduled to have 20-22 episodes due to the success of season one. The death of Larry Hagman caused the producer and writers to scrap what was planned for the rest of the season and focus on J.R.'s murder. Once that is resolved, season three will continue with what was supposed to be the second half of season two.

atually it was always supposed to be 15 episodes but by my count it will only be 13, even counting the 2 hrs last week, and the 2 hrs this coming finale, it still is only 13, thats crazy, what happens is people then have to wait 10 months for it to come back and they lose interest, that has killed many of shows. it also sets an example and then soon broadcast networks start doing that too and we as the viewers are the losers in the end.

#6   2013/04/12 04:36PM
    kn1231

Quote darrin:
    Quote MikeLikesSoaps: Season two was originally scheduled to have 20-22 episodes due to the success of season one. The death of Larry Hagman caused the producer and writers to scrap what was planned for the rest of the season and focus on J.R.'s murder. Once that is resolved, season three will continue with what was supposed to be the second half of season two.

atually it was always supposed to be 15 episodes but by my count it will only be 13, even counting the 2 hrs last week, and the 2 hrs this coming finale, it still is only 13, thats crazy, what happens is people then have to wait 10 months for it to come back and they lose interest, that has killed many of shows. it also sets an example and then soon broadcast networks start doing that too and we as the viewers are the losers in the end.

it will be 15. when you go on websites to watch past episodes, they have 15 there.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list