List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Dallas - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Dallas Forum :: My thoughts on last night's finale....

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

My thoughts on last night's finale....

Started by Yale Steam at 2012/08/09 06:53AM
    Latest post: 2012/08/12 04:29AM, Views: 3184, Replies: 16
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2012/08/09 06:53AM
    My thoughts on last night's finale....
    Yale Steam

I am really disappointed and disgusted. I might not watch this nexct season.

Anyway, I would not count happily ever after for Christoper and Elena. According to the Executive Producer Cynthia Cidre, Rebecca is preganant and their still married and a way for her to try worm her way back.

I am still a Christopher and Rebecca fan but I cannot defend Rebecca right now. I not sure what to think about her. I don't like that Cliff has brought young girl into his obsession with the Ewings.

They have written Elena like a tramp. She has gone from one man to the other. Gross!! She is just an easy lay.

And the way they have written this is incestuous. I don't know. I might be finished with TNT's Dallas.

#2   2012/08/09 08:00AM
    Re: My thoughts on last night's finale....
    Trish12

Quote Yale Steam: I am really disappointed and disgusted. I might not watch this nexct season.

Anyway, I would not count happily ever after for Christoper and Elena. According to the Executive Producer Cynthia Cidre, Rebecca is preganant and their still married and a way for her to try worm her way back.

I am still a Christopher and Rebecca fan but I cannot defend Rebecca right now. I not sure what to think about her. I don't like that Cliff has brought young girl into his obsession with the Ewings.

They have written Elena like a tramp. She has gone from one man to the other. Gross!! She is just an easy lay.

And the way they have written this is incestuous. I don't know. I might be finished with TNT's Dallas.

Are we to assume that Rebecca isn't an easy lay, whatever that means. I think she was bedding her so called brother patnerer in crime. She's worst that Elena at this point. Elena is very much and still inlove with Christ, not her fault. She tried to move on but John Ross made that impossible with is continued lieing.

As for being disgusted this is a soap, nothing is squeeky clean, it's full of drama. I have seen worst in other soaps.

#3   2012/08/09 08:12AM
    mamarock

Even tho John Ross didn't end up with Elena, I still loved last nights episode!

Anne was tough as nails! Love that woman!! I really like how her and Sue Ellen are becoming friends...I don't believe Sue Ellen has ever had a friend.

Don't really like Elena with Chris...but if it adds to the drama, bring it on!

#4   2012/08/09 09:35AM
    jonesy01

I really loved the show. I was not disappointed and when it was revealed that Cliff was her dad; I was shocked. I assumed it would be someone from the Barnes family but never thought Cliff's daughter (that was great). Then you have another child trying to make their father proud...seemed fitting somehow.

I am a Christopher and Rebecca fan; and have no idea how that will work out; hopefully though it will.

I am not an Elena fan. I have tried to like her but I just do not; liked her better with JohnRoss. We will see!!

Looking forward to next season..we will see how this goes but there is so much more that can be done with these characters. Can not wait!!!

#5   2012/08/09 09:36AM
    Tammer

I loved it!!
    Kinda weird that Chris and Rebecca are cousins though.
    Thankfully he was adopted so he isn't blood.

#6   2012/08/09 10:08AM
    rm12

Quote Yale Steam: I am really disappointed and disgusted. I might not watch this nexct season.

I agree with your post, especially the part about incest. That's low even for Cliff. Christopher is his sister's child, whether adopted or not. To have his daughter entrap her cousin, con him into marrying her and getting pregnant by him is repulsive. I don't like Elena either. I have a suspicion about the actress who portrays her. Her teeth have bothered me since the beginning, and I think she might have an eating disorder. Her face is extremely thin and her teeth look like they're too big for her mouth. I'm not being facetious. It disturbs me. While I think the new Dallas is very well done, I'm getting tired of all the back stabbing and scams.

#7   2012/08/09 11:57AM
    mamarock

Quote rm12:

I agree with your post, especially the part about incest. That's low even for Cliff. Christopher is his sister's child, whether adopted or not. To have his daughter entrap her cousin, con him into marrying her and getting pregnant by him is repulsive. I don't like Elena either. I have a suspicion about the actress who portrays her. Her teeth have bothered me since the beginning, and I think she might have an eating disorder. Her face is extremely thin and her teeth look like they're too big for her mouth. I'm not being facetious. It disturbs me. While I think the new Dallas is very well done, I'm getting tired of all the back stabbing and scams.

Seriously...not suppose to bash the actors

#8   2012/08/09 12:45PM
    PufflesMa

I kinda agree with what you are saying. I love Ann, she is the best character on the show right now.. it's strange that she is so close to Sue Ellen though, considering that in the original show they kinda dabbled with a possible Sue Ellen/Bobby hook-up. Although, she was not around then, so maybe she doesn't even know!

I don't like Christopher/Elena combo.. the fact that they hooked up was icky.. she's engaged to one guy, then is in bed with his cousin the next day? Kinda trampy.. I have been hurt and lied to by my man, doesn't mean I jump into bed with his cousin.. just sayin..

And WTH was Rebecca doing? I don't get why her character has to lie so much? If she REALLY loves Christopher like she says, she'd be as honest as she could be. Don't you think? Besides, honesty is ALWAYS the best policy.. less BS to remember later.. lol.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/08/09 12:46PM
    #9   2012/08/09 12:55PM
    Yale Steam

Quote PufflesMa: I kinda agree with what you are saying. I love Ann, she is the best character on the show right now.. it's strange that she is so close to Sue Ellen though, considering that in the original show they kinda dabbled with a possible Sue Ellen/Bobby hook-up. Although, she was not around then, so maybe she doesn't even know!

I don't like Christopher/Elena combo.. the fact that they hooked up was icky.. she's engaged to one guy, then is in bed with his cousin the next day? Kinda trampy.. I have been hurt and lied to by my man, doesn't mean I jump into bed with his cousin.. just sayin..

And WTH was Rebecca doing? I don't get why her character has to lie so much? If she REALLY loves Christopher like she says, she'd be as honest as she could be. Don't you think? Besides, honesty is ALWAYS the best policy.. less BS to remember later.. lol.

I don't get it Rebecca either. She refused to help Tommy get access to Chris' technology but she is helping Cliff do it and she knew that Tommy was Cliff's front person.

She obviously does not need money because Cliff has more than the Ewings. Many feel that it is far from over between Christopher and Rebecca.

#10   2012/08/09 01:18PM
    Camerascaper

First I was completely blown away to find out who Rebecca really was. I have been trying all season to figure out who she was. I knew she had to be connected to the Barns in some way. I first thought she was Pam and Bobby's daughter and then ruled that out. I then thought she was Katherine and JR's daughter, which would have made since. But I never even considered she could be Pamela Rebecca Barns. But now that we know, it makes the most since. Not sure that I like Cliff using his daughter that way, but then that's Cliff for you. How many times did he try to do the same thing to his own sister Pam, or even Afton Rebecca's mother. So why would he think twice about doing it to his daughter. He is has let his obsession wit the Ewings "mostly" JR consume him to the point he will use anyone no matter how to destroy them. Even if it's his own daughter and nephew. He doesn't care as long as he comes out on top. Well I guess it's good to see he's not changed.

Something else I was thinking about is what about the disease Cliff carries. Rebecca will also carry it, so there is a possibility the babies will not live. Just wanted to bring that up.

I have liked Ann from the beginning, she knows how and is not afraid to put JR in his place. But I was afraid she was going to to do something last night that Bobby and myself as a fan could never forgive her for. But when she didn't and then turned the tables on her ex I found I liked her even more. I also like the friendship Ann and Sue Ellen are developing. It's nice to see Sue Ellen has a friend again that she can turn to and talk to. She and Pam had become very close and good friends before Pam left and I'm glad Sue Ellen has that again in Ann. I just hope "and I'm sure it will" doesn't put Sue Ellen in the middle when or if Pam returns.

Now that all said about Ann, she is not Pam and I will always be a Bobby and Pam fan and "if" Pam returns I would hope and want them to end up together.

I am looking forward to and can't wait for the next season to start in January.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list