The Bold and the Beautiful - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Bold and the Beautiful' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

The Bold and the Beautiful Weekly Blog!

Friday, June 19 2009

Donna and Pam at The Price is Right! (Soaps.com)
    B&B Breakdown For June 15 - 19!

This week on B&B, Donna and Pam were on “The Price is Right” and I actually enjoyed their scenes. I didn’t think I would, as I thought they’d be too over the top and silly, but I was pleasantly surprised at how fun they were. Donna’s reaction to her name being called as a contestant was hilarious and my heart broke at Pam’s reaction to witnessing Donna up on stage instead of her. Pam and Donna are great comedic foils to each other when one of them isn’t literally trying to kill the other. All in all, it was a good time and a great distraction from all the other drama on the show.

My only complaint about those episodes is that on Thursday, the entertaining scenes of Pam and Donna were intermixed with downers Ridge & Taylor and Rick & Steffy. That storyline brought all the momentum Donna and Pam were building to a screeching halt! It felt like an odd pairing of scenes and they should have stuck with the Nick/Bridget/Jackie/Owen story, which was sort of serious, but had moments of levity and would have complimented “TPIR” stuff much better. Or better yet, they should have had Bill in there trying to seduce Katie or Felicia or doing something else cad-like.

Speaking of, it’s been two weeks now since we’ve seen Bill! I am not happy about that. Why are we subjected to the repetitive dialogue of Ridge driving himself crazy over Rick, Taylor reminding him of their life together and Brooke and Stephanie bickering, instead of giving us a fresh new character who is interesting to watch and has chemistry with all the women he’s come in contact with so far? Bill came on so strong and to not see him for two weeks is a total let down.

Where did you go? (Soaps.com)
    While I’m enjoying Nick and Bridget, because they are keeping things light and flirty right now, I’m not so sure I think Bridget should be jumping into her third marriage with this guy. She’s barely had time to forgive and forget his relationship with Katie, how can she so readily trust that he won’t break her heart again? His proposal was pretty funny though: “What’s the worst thing I can do to you that I haven’t done already?” He’s got a point there.

As for the other engaged couple, I’m not sure if I believe Owen is really in love with Jackie and doesn’t just want her for her money, but I do like that Jackie knows the score and has no illusions about what drew Owen to her in the first place.

Which couple would you rather see get married? Nick and Bridget or Jackie and Owen? Chime in on the poll on our sister site Soap Opera Fan Blog.

Poor Taylor. She finally gets Ridge where she wants him – in her bed – but he’s drugged out of his mind. Is she the worst doctor ever? She can’t even tell when someone is hopped up on pills?

So that’s it for me this week. What did you think about all the happenings? Feel free to share your thoughts below!

- Lori Wilson

Posted by julie2 at Friday, June 19 2009 11:29 AM

I love Donna and Pam this week it's was very funny.
    I hate Ridge and Taylor together.

Posted by Touched at Friday, June 19 2009 11:30 AM

Taylor can't see it because she's seeing things the same way as Ridge is! To tell you the truth, I will be surprised if the deed actually happens. This was an all new low for Stephanie! She's disgusting when she secures sexual services for Ridge! Makes you wonder!

Posted by brownchick at Friday, June 19 2009 11:35 AM

I agree with you Lori, I am tired of this Ridge, Brooke and Taylor storyline. Where is Bill??? Loved him on Y&R was sad to see him go but there wasn't much on Y&R for him but I am glad he is over on B&B. I've been a fan of both shows I am just sick and tired of Ridge and Brooke this storyline with them feels like an old broken record it's always been about them and Stephanie sticking it to Brooke will we ever be rid of them. Pack them together and ship them off somewhere in a far off land. Bring in some new characters and storylines that will beef up the show.

Posted by wiste1920 at Friday, June 19 2009 10:24 PM

Pam and Donna to funny, but my heart broke watching Pam facial expressions while donna was on stage!!!!
    Its sad that Ridge has to be on pills to show interest in taylor, I want to see Bill, Felicia, and thorne so tired of of rick and steffy and ridge and taylor!!!!!!!!

Posted by sassybear at Saturday, June 20 2009 08:37 PM

Taylor you need your head examined. let Ridge alone he doesn't love you the way he loves Brooke, they belong together. You are so sick, just like your daughter sick for Rick.Instead of Thomas only going counseling you all should go. Bridgette make sure Nick will never screw this up again. Your mom should give Nicks baby to you. Brooke why listen to that evil witch stephanie you know she dooms your relationship w/ Ridge all the time.This show gets any sickening w/ Taylor and Ridge I QUIT watching for good.

Posted by traceynikkilove at Sunday, June 21 2009 03:37 PM

This show if definately the worst. It really should be taken off the air. The storylines are always the same drama. I haven't watched this show in months yet when I read your blog I can pick up without even wondering who your talking about. I loved Brad and thought I would startb 2 watch the show 2 see Bill. They don't even show him so I'm glad I didn't waste my tivo space. On the other end, I enjoy reading your blog and find it very entertaining! You keep making me laugh and I always support your thoughts!