The Bold and the Beautiful - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Bold and the Beautiful' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

B&B Breakdown Weekly Blog.

Friday, March 14 2014

Not pulling punches. (CBS)
    "The Bold and the Beautiful" for the week of March 10 - 14:

Wow, there were some very tense moments that had viewers riveted to their screens on "B&B" this week. Thoughts:

Katie's coming out.
    Well, Brooke just couldn't understand why Katie had such an issue with her and Bill. Methinks she has a little perspective now that the shoe is on the other foot. Brooke was outraged that not only did Katie have the audacity to fall for her ex-husband, but she also has the nerve to think she might be able to satisfy him in bed. Brooke sure didn't pull any punches in that department. Brooke gets downright mean when things don't go her way! Katie stood her ground, but now it looks like she'll have to contend with Donna too.

Katie by Forrester.
    Oh man, can you imagine Brooke's response to Ridge designing a line inspired by Katie? Yike.

I want you here.
    It was no surprise that Brooke made a play to get Ridge back on Friday's episode. Between the band-aid dress and the trophy how could he say no, right? Hmm.

Cray cray! (CBS)
    Put the phone down.
    Wow, Ally is totally off her rocker! All this spying and talk about Liam being a 'saint' and Wyatt being the 'devil' is just creepy scary time! Unfortunately, the ranting got to be way too much. When she was freaking out in Eric's office on Friday, I just wanted to end her. Yep. Would have paid Quinn to take her back out on that bridge and finish the job. Clearly the poor girl is completely delusional. Doesn't she understand that everything changed with Hope and her freaking message back in the days of the Steffy and Liam triangle? Ally's issues with Wyatt are bizarre. Sure he may be a smidge too smug and his cocky publicity stunt came back to bite him in the butt, but he has done wonders for Hope. She's actually become bearable since she's been in an adult sexual relationship with him and no longer behaving like a giggling bobblehead on the Liam-go-round. The last thing we want is to revisit Triangle Land, so Rick was right - Ally needs to just dial it down. Seriously though, what a hysterical scene with poor clueless Eric trying to referee, be indignant, and dive across the room to stop Ally from calling the cops. So good. This storyline is chock full of controversy and viewers have varying opinions. Are you Team Ally or Team Wyatt and Quinn? Let Soaps.com know by voting in our B&B Poll: Team Ally or Team Wyatt and Quinn?

Find out about Hart Of Dixie's new night and more in Soaps.com's Primetime Dish.

Follow Soaps.com on Twitter, and Soaps.com on Facebook.

- Candace Young

Posted by ebradley62 at Friday, March 14 2014 01:58 PM

I'm so happy to see Hope and Wyatt enjoying young love. Someone needs to get Ally's meds adjusted. I felt that the closeness between Ally and Thorne was a little creepy and now we all know why. Can we please get back to the beautiful clothes and the banter between Quinn and Bill that was so much fun! I just hope that Brooke doesn't use Katie's divorce papers to hurt her. After all of the things that Brooke has done to hurt her whole family, she needs to put someone else first. We all know characters are just not that deep.

Posted by dramaqueen333 at Friday, March 14 2014 02:15 PM

Wow, could Brooke be more arrogant? I think not. And what was all that about her family counting on her to put her marriage to Ridge back together? What family? Hope? Rick? Bridget? Katie? No, only HERSELF and RJ, and I don't know why he would even care since neither of his parents could manage to even show up to see him play in his big game at which he received a trophy. Poor kid.

Ally is clearly unbalanced and needs serious therapy to get over her obsession with Saint Hope and her former message, but at least she didn't try to throw anyone off a bridge. Maybe Ally and Quinn can get a two-for-one deal on some serious anger management. I don't know how this story line could get worse.

Posted by Tinyweaver40 at Friday, March 14 2014 04:53 PM

I can not understand how much they can change a character. Hope went from not able to sleep with a married man to being able to sleep with his brother. That's messed up. But what can you say when you have Brook for a mother. But didn't she say she didn't want to be nothing like her mother. OMG. She's like her in so many way. They have the worse messed up morales. I really love the Liam character. His integrity has always been good. He is so confused about loyalty. Hope has left him at the alter so many time is plain to see why he kept going back to Steffy. At least she would make it through the wedding ceremony.

Posted by ShiningStar82 at Friday, March 14 2014 06:41 PM

I'm not defending Brooke because the whole Bill thing is still "ick" to me but really Katie oughta have known Brooke wasn't going to go quietly into the night after the big reveal of Katie/Ridge. Brooke has always played by the set of rules that says Ridge is hers unless she says otherwise.

Posted by Abemom at Saturday, March 15 2014 06:43 AM

What is the deal with DONNA? Does she know Brooke wanted Eric to be her baby daddy? She needs to get a life not take sides!
    RJ goes to boarding school but comes home at night?? His Mommie doesn't interact with him very well, seems awkward. It seems very natural when he is with Ridge. Looks like Brooke is becoming Stephanie! Move the painting over!

Posted by TM212 at Saturday, March 15 2014 03:40 PM

Candace, THANK YOU! I love your blog this week! You hit everything right on, 100%. LOL, for a while there, I was kind of hoping that Quinn WOULD push Ally over that bridge . I do not get the hate-on for Wyatt; he has done nothing but adore Hope, and lately, I am beginning to enjoy the direction in which her character is going. And yes, there are no other words left for Brooke - all I can say is that I am totally enjoying seeing her get her comeuppance for a change!! I really like Ridge and Katie together and I hope that they will stay together, no matter the obstacles that are surely going to be thrown their way . And, Donna? This woman is truly dumb and, like her big sis, has no integrity! I also hope that Quinn gets thrown into the inevitable Bill and Brooke mix - I think having her on this show is great! Thank you for an excellent blog.

Posted by rita_angel at Sunday, March 16 2014 02:29 PM

I'm very happy that Riege and Katir are togeather love Texas Rose.

Posted by FanFromTheBeginning at Monday, March 17 2014 03:02 PM

Aunti M agrees with a few folks here....I never could understand all the hate toward Wyatt either..all they guy did was go camping and meet a beautiful, extraordinary girl in humorous, extraordinary circumstances - and fall mightily in love with her and how many times do I have to say it - ONLY HER and not bouncing like a ping pong ball like Liam. OK, mom is weird, but Wyatt is not. My mom was weird but I am not (I think). We also have sufficient weirdo quotient on the canvas for Wyatt not to need to "show his true colors" and be a devious, scheming villain in disguise. And, yes, it is wonderful to see Hope adult and happy and sparkling - no more mopey dopey Hopey that they made her into when Steffy was so after Liam, after she was so after Bill, after she so was after Oliver. As for Wyatt and his theft "prank" - not for nothing is my name Fan From the Beginning...Ridge once pulled a "prank" so bad that it caused Thorne to shoot him - too bad Ridge wasn't in the room during the big confrontation/reveal - I think he would have doled out the paper cups filled waters of forgiveness pretty fast (along with Ally's meds) - provided that B&B remembers its past as well as my all-time fave, ATWT used to.