The Bold and the Beautiful - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Bold and the Beautiful' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

The Bold And The Beautiful Weekly Blog.

Friday, March 01 2013

Tattoo you. (CBS)
    "B&B" Breakdown
    Week of February 25 - March 1:

This week was pretty good on "B&B." Things seemed to move along at a good clip and there were several storylines and a variety of characters to be seen.

Hard-boiled egg.
    Rick's sudden interest in Maya came out-of-the-blue, but is also kind of cute and definitely intriguing. So much for the big campaign/war he waged to win over Caroline - yesterday's news so soon? Lord knows Brooke would hate a Rick/Maya hook-up if it happens, so there would be manipulations and machinations to look forward to for sure. Perhaps she'll team up with Caroline? Also, Maya may be a little embarrassed to discover she's been deceived - Rick's a CEO not a waiter as he's let her believe. In last week's poll, the majority of Soaps.com readers loved the idea of Rick and Maya together - some because it would bug Brooke - but still...

Decision 2013.
    Well folks, Liam appears to have made a decision that could have some staying power - please let it be so. I like the vibe Steffy and Liam share as expectant parents - still watchable even without the back and forth drama.

New generation.
    Loved Bill riding into the house on a dirt bike with balloons and gifts! There's no ray of sunshine brighter than Dollar Bill when things go his way! It's fun to see that side of him.

New matriarch. (CBS)
    Power play.
    Wow, there was a lot of face-stroking going on in Brooke's cabin! Bill is playing with fire - big time. That was an interesting twist to have Bill push Brooke to make a play for power at Forrester because it could raise questions about whether he's using her to some extent because she's attracted to him.

Tattoo you.
    How cute was Oliver having a 'hope' tattoo? He's adorable, and deserves someone who is truly into him, so if Hope decides to go there again it had better not be just to use him as a distraction.

A new Forrester matriarch.
    Oh my! Eric completely lost the run of himself after seeing Taylor in that lingerie - he professed his love and declared her to be the new Forrester matriarch! Brooke showing up and going crazy was amazing - such a showdown! Brooke's never mentioned having any plans where Eric's concerned, but they sure took root quickly when she spotted Taylor in that bedroom. These scenes were awesome, not least of all because Eric finally asserted himself. Obviously he'd had his intimacy ruined one too many times - Brooke interrupting was the last straw! Sheer entertainment - can't wait for more. How do you feel about Eric declaring Taylor to be the next Forrester matriarch? Let Soaps.com know by voting in our B&B New Matriarch poll.

Be sure to share your thoughts on "B&B" in the comment section.

Find out who Santana thinks is a drug dealer in our Glee recap: Girls (And Boys) On Film.

Join us on Twitter @soapoperafan and Facebook. Come tweet and Facebook with us about "The Bold And The Beautiful," all the other soap operas, "Dallas," "Glee," "Grey’s Anatomy," "Pretty Little Liars," "Revenge," "Vampire Diaries," and "Venice The Series."

- Candace Young

Posted by bikette at Friday, March 01 2013 11:47 AM

Seem weird that Steffy and Thomas are now suddenly calling their step grandfather Eric. They whole family always claimed to be the true Forrester heirs and now they are acting like he is just another man their mother is dating. LOL

Posted by dramaqueen333 at Friday, March 01 2013 12:01 PM

I think it's weird that Steffy and Thomas call their grandfather "Eric." When did that start? He has never been anything other than grandfather to them. I guess it's easier to call your grandpa by his first name when you are talking about him shacking up with your mom! I can't imagine having that conversation with my sister, but okay. I liked that the sibs had a nice conversation anyway.

I hope Steffy and Liam can be happy now, and I hope she doesn't loose the baby. She has to STOP bringing up Hope's name in front of Liam. Just because she won the war, doesn't mean she has to remind Liam of her former adversary all the time. He still has intense feelings for Hope, despite Steffy's pregnancy.

Oliver was cute, and the tattoo was a sweet gesture. I don't know why he would want giggly Hope who clearly will have Liam on the brain for months and months.

Bill needs to watch it with Brooke. The other day he was going on and on about Liam doing the right thing because now he has a baby and a family. The same could be said for you, dad. Don't be a hypocrite.

Loved Brooke being put in her place today, although I do think Eric is moving a little too quickly. I get that he's lonely and horny, but to declare his romantic love for Taylor and say she is the new Forrester matriarch was a bit too much too soon.

Why does Brooke think she can just barge into Eric's house AND go up to his bedroom? Yikes -- RUDE!

I don't like Rick with Maya because I don't like Rick, but that's just me. I think he's a sleaze, and she probably deserves better. Plus, his falling for her (not to mention lying to her) is a bit much since he's recently declared his undying love for Caroline. He's much too old to fall in love at first sight.

Posted by apple1950 at Friday, March 01 2013 03:20 PM

No to Eric and Taylor. Ewwww! Is Caroline and her partner parents also leaving? That was abrupt. Rick needs to find a woman closer to his age. Bill needs to stay away from Brooke. Hope needs someone new.

Posted by ShiningStar82 at Friday, March 01 2013 04:43 PM

LOL @ bikette. So true! I thought it seemed weird that Steffy was so gung-ho to go spy on Taylor and Eric at the house. Just...no.

Eric and Taylor are just...nasty to me. I find it amazing that Ms. Perfect Taylor herself doesn't see the hypocrisy at all in the situation. She's never been afraid to bring up Brooke dating all the Forrester men, yet Taylor is now officially in the same boat but doesn't see the comparison? Ridiculous.

Posted by foots at Friday, March 01 2013 05:51 PM

If it had been Donna with Eric, Brook would have been happy. I am glad for Taylor and Eric I hope they get married, and soon.

Posted by foots at Friday, March 01 2013 05:52 PM

As for Rick and Maya, I like them together. Maya is so Beautiful. Rick became a different person in an instant. One i could learn to like.

Posted by mg1729 at Saturday, March 02 2013 11:12 AM

Brad Bell needs to stop messing with Liam and Steffy's love for each they have amazing chemistry together which is passionate and exciting to watch. Liam and Steffy as parents is an exciting and new chapter for them and we Steam and Steffy fans are just as excited about watching them go through this new exciting chapter of parenthood LOVE STEAM & BABYSTEAMSPENCER

Posted by mg1729 at Saturday, March 02 2013 11:22 AM

Hope is not good enough for Oliver either she is just too selfish and immature to have relationship she needs to grow as a person away from all the other Logans send her away to college or Forrestor International so she can study in Paris and work at Forrestor International and gain some life experience and grow up.

Rick in my opinion is best suited with Amber she really gets who he is and they are awesome as a couple Rick is actually likeable when with Amber especially the last time she was on.

Don't really like Eric and Taylor but if we get scenes like the yesterday where Eric throws Brooke out and she is crying and distressed I love it, anything that upsets Brookenis fine with me LMAO

Posted by soapscumtoo at Monday, March 04 2013 07:08 AM

Does anyone know what the big shocker is suppose to be that the writer Bell keeps saying is gonna happen? " as B&B Executive Producer and Head Writer Bradley Bell warns, "Prepare for a shocking and unexpected outcome." this is regards to Liam and Steffy and Hope...It can't be the pregnancy..that was not shocking. We all knew that would happen.

Posted by najee216 at Monday, March 04 2013 06:07 PM

I think the big shocker is that Liam and Steffy will be together. I am teamhope, but she does not need to be with Oliver for the simple fact that he had sex with her mother. They should bring in a brand new man for Hope!! Liam will probably always Love Hope and I don't think that his relationship with Steffy is going to last. As far as Eric and Taylor....eeewww!! She just got out of a relationship with his son Thorne. They just take turns in the soap!!