List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Bold and the Beautiful - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Bold and the Beautiful Forum :: Brooke: Fire Katie, but it is not a vendetta!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Brooke: Fire Katie, but it is not a vendetta!

Started by Houston777 at 2014/04/17 10:41AM
    Latest post: 2014/04/22 09:38AM, Views: 6196, Replies: 160
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #21   2014/04/17 03:25PM
    Re: Brooke: Fire Katie, but it is not a vendetta!
    moneytalks

Quote austinandjustin:
    Quote bethonly: I guess it's ok that Katie wants brooke to give up her job so ridge won't be around her. she didn't tell brooke to give up her job but wants to know why brooke is coming to work now. she knows that the more brooke is around ridge, the less chance she [Katie] has a chance of keeping him. I hope brooke never looks at him again but she should keep her job to protect her kids jobs from him. donna said today that Katie should be happy with ridge and not worry about brill. I guess everyone is noticing how unhappy Katie seems to be with this new arrangement. she with ridge and brooke with bill. I think Katie still wants bill or at the least, she doesn't want brooke to have him.

What I don't understand is why Katie (and I guess Karen because she said something about it) doesn't ask Ridge to turn down the position of co-vice president? Why do they just assume Brooke should? If Katie is that insecure, and she is, it's not Brooke's job to reassure her of how much Ridge loves her, it's Ridge's job. He didn't take the job of CEO because of his love of Katie, why didn't he turn down the job of co-vice president? He was gone for FC for over a year and the company didn't fold up and die without him, in fact it prospered. Since he doesn't agree with the new direction of FC, it would make sense if he started his own company. Is it just sexism that Brooke is supposed to give up her job?

Katie doesn't think it's too much for Brooke to give up her job, so why shouldn't Brooke think it's too much for Katie to give up hers?

Also if Katie is so in love with Ridge why does it matter to her that Brooke called her to tell her that Brooke and Bill were back together? It shouldn't matter to her one way or another if Brooke and Bill are living together. However, it does seem to bother her very much. Even Donna commented on how angry Katie is.

The phone call was interesting. On one hand yes, I do believe that Brooke called Katie to rub it in. You're with the momma's boy and I'm with the stallion. On the other hand perhaps Brooke didn't want any more secrets between them. But I also think that Brooke didn't want to repeat the mistake of not telling Katie about Brooke and Bill were together after Katie threw her wedding rings at them and told them she wanted a divorce. If Brooke and Bill had told Katie then, Katie wouldn't have been able to play the victim card. You said you wanted a divorce we believed you. Perhaps Brooke didn't want a repeat of victim Katie.

It would hurt Ridge to walk away from Forrester Creations. It has been his life. He loves the place and what it stands for. Is that what it means to Brooke? Is that what it means to Rick? I don't think so.

#22   2014/04/17 04:58PM
    LDCOOL

Quote scrappie: I can't believe the words that come out of Brooke's mouth. What would have been best for both families was to not lay down with her sister's husband in the first place but she didn't think about that! Brooke is a sick woman.

I so agree. Sick is a nice why to put it. I like Brooke. But she could make it so hard to stay liking her.

#23   2014/04/17 06:20PM
    austinandjustin

Quote moneytalks:
    Quote austinandjustin:
    Quote bethonly: I guess it's ok that Katie wants brooke to give up her job so ridge won't be around her. she didn't tell brooke to give up her job but wants to know why brooke is coming to work now. she knows that the more brooke is around ridge, the less chance she [Katie] has a chance of keeping him. I hope brooke never looks at him again but she should keep her job to protect her kids jobs from him. donna said today that Katie should be happy with ridge and not worry about brill. I guess everyone is noticing how unhappy Katie seems to be with this new arrangement. she with ridge and brooke with bill. I think Katie still wants bill or at the least, she doesn't want brooke to have him.

What I don't understand is why Katie (and I guess Karen because she said something about it) doesn't ask Ridge to turn down the position of co-vice president? Why do they just assume Brooke should? If Katie is that insecure, and she is, it's not Brooke's job to reassure her of how much Ridge loves her, it's Ridge's job. He didn't take the job of CEO because of his love of Katie, why didn't he turn down the job of co-vice president? He was gone for FC for over a year and the company didn't fold up and die without him, in fact it prospered. Since he doesn't agree with the new direction of FC, it would make sense if he started his own company. Is it just sexism that Brooke is supposed to give up her job?

Katie doesn't think it's too much for Brooke to give up her job, so why shouldn't Brooke think it's too much for Katie to give up hers?

Also if Katie is so in love with Ridge why does it matter to her that Brooke called her to tell her that Brooke and Bill were back together? It shouldn't matter to her one way or another if Brooke and Bill are living together. However, it does seem to bother her very much. Even Donna commented on how angry Katie is.

The phone call was interesting. On one hand yes, I do believe that Brooke called Katie to rub it in. You're with the momma's boy and I'm with the stallion. On the other hand perhaps Brooke didn't want any more secrets between them. But I also think that Brooke didn't want to repeat the mistake of not telling Katie about Brooke and Bill were together after Katie threw her wedding rings at them and told them she wanted a divorce. If Brooke and Bill had told Katie then, Katie wouldn't have been able to play the victim card. You said you wanted a divorce we believed you. Perhaps Brooke didn't want a repeat of victim Katie.

It would hurt Ridge to walk away from Forrester Creations. It has been his life. He loves the place and what it stands for. Is that what it means to Brooke? Is that what it means to Rick? I don't think so.

Ridge already walked away from FC for over a year.

It would make sense for him to start his own company as all of his demands ie firing Oliver, no more photography studio, more culture, Rick being fired as president were not met. Ridge even told Rick that he would never answer to him. How do you work for a company and not answer to the president of the company? He doesn't want to answer to the president of the company then start his own. He will then answer to himself. And can only blame himself. But Ridge isn't good at not having a scapegoat.

Also Ridge did not have to accept Eric's offer of being a co-vice president with Brooke. He could have declined the offer. He could have worked there and not been the co-vice president. He could have been in the same position he has been in since he returned from France. He chose to accept the job.

I thought that Katie was his new life and new love. Surely it would be worth not being co-vice president with Brooke if it eased Katie's mind.

FC is just as much Rick's life as it is Ridge's. Rick is president. But he did say that he would accept his father's decision. Rick never said that he wouldn't answer to Ridge if his father told him to. Rick would do what was best for the company. Brooke has earned her place at FC. She discovered Belief, she had the most profitable line in FC history. Brooke wants to protect her children's position at FC. With Ridge gunning for them, who can blame her?

#24   2014/04/17 06:48PM
    moneytalks

Quote austinandjustin:
    Quote moneytalks:
    Quote austinandjustin:

It would make sense for him to start his own company as all of his demands ie firing Oliver, no more photography studio, more culture, Rick being fired as president were not met. Ridge even told Rick that he would never answer to him. How do you work for a company and not answer to the president of the company? He doesn't want to answer to the president of the company then start his own. He will then answer to himself. And can only blame himself. But Ridge isn't good at not having a scapegoat.

Also Ridge did not have to accept Eric's offer of being a co-vice president with Brooke. He could have declined the offer. He could have worked there and not been the co-vice president. He could have been in the same position he has been in since he returned from France. He chose to accept the job.

I thought that Katie was his new life and new love. Surely it would be worth not being co-vice president with Brooke if it eased Katie's mind.

FC is just as much Rick's life as it is Ridge's. Rick is president. But he did say that he would accept his father's decision. Rick never said that he wouldn't answer to Ridge if his father told him to. Rick would do what was best for the company. Brooke has earned her place at FC. She discovered Belief, she had the most profitable line in FC history. Brooke wants to protect her children's position at FC. With Ridge gunning for them, who can blame her?

Ridge took leave! It appears to me he took health leave. He needed time out. That in my book is not walking away. That is surviving. He was working for Forrester international during that time. He did not reject Forrester.

If Eric's decision was made because Rick was the better man for the position than Ridge was I could understand the thinking that he would just do as he was told but Eric's decision was made to make Ridge interact with Brooke. Eric is out to humiliate Ridge by insisting he work under a less capable manager - a person Ridge does not respect and who has no respect for him - and to control Ridge's personal life by deciding who he will marry. If Eric thought Rick was the better person to hold high office than Ridge was then he would be offering Rick CEO - not Ridge.
    No. It would not ease Katie's mind for Ridge to walk away because he had to work with Brooke. It would ease Katie's mind if he was made CEO which is what he deserves. Brooke at Forrester would just be what Katie would have expected. Not a problem. Brooke sharing an office and maybe even a desk all day is.

Modified 3 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/17 06:55PM
    #25   2014/04/17 07:00PM
    june65

I hope Karen will be smart enough to see what Brooke is. And it's not a loyal sister. She can have empathy with Bill and still not give him his job back. Guess he will have to earn it.

#26   2014/04/17 07:04PM
    moneytalks

The reason Eric is putting Ridge in close quarters with Brooke is to give Brooke every opportunity to hit on Ridge. Eric doesn't expect much work from her. He expects her to never give up trying to get Ridge back. Look how hard she tried to get Eric to be the baby daddy. Brooke is a serial pest who just never listens to the word "NO" She always seems to think it means "Maybe". She won't listen when Katie says "I don't want to be sisters they way we were before." She just nags on and on and on about what she wants until it becomes easier to give in than to keep fighting. Every time Ridge said he needed time her answer was but I don't want that.

#27   2014/04/17 07:09PM
    moneytalks

Quote june65: I hope Karen will be smart enough to see what Brooke is. And it's not a loyal sister. She can have empathy with Bill and still not give him his job back. Guess he will have to earn it.

If Karen gives Bill that job back now he will just see it as her having failed in her move against him and will be more full of it and more obnoxious than he ever was. He wins! He is the man - the best! Yes!!!! I am sure there must be a very capable person out there who can be CEO and bring a bit of dignity to the job if they pay enough. It doesn't just have to be a choice between Bill or Katie.

#28   2014/04/17 08:52PM
    austinandjustin

Quote moneytalks:
    Quote austinandjustin:
    Quote moneytalks:
    Quote austinandjustin:

Ridge took leave! It appears to me he took health leave. He needed time out. That in my book is not walking away. That is surviving. He was working for Forrester international during that time. He did not reject Forrester.

If Eric's decision was made because Rick was the better man for the position than Ridge was I could understand the thinking that he would just do as he was told but Eric's decision was made to make Ridge interact with Brooke. Eric is out to humiliate Ridge by insisting he work under a less capable manager - a person Ridge does not respect and who has no respect for him - and to control Ridge's personal life by deciding who he will marry. If Eric thought Rick was the better person to hold high office than Ridge was then he would be offering Rick CEO - not Ridge.
    No. It would not ease Katie's mind for Ridge to walk away because he had to work with Brooke. It would ease Katie's mind if he was made CEO which is what he deserves. Brooke at Forrester would just be what Katie would have expected. Not a problem. Brooke sharing an office and maybe even a desk all day is.

How does Ridge deserve to be CEO? He certainly hasn't done so based on his past job performance. When Ridge was president FC lost money. Since Rick has been president the company has made money. Ridge walking in and making demands (that he didn't even discuss with the president or the CEO) certainly doesn't qualify him for the CEO of Forrester. Someone suggested that Eric would only make Ridge CEO if Brooke was with him because Eric doesn't fully trust Ridge to be CEO on his own. That could be true. Wanting to be CEO/president doesn't mean he deserves it.

Rick once again has made money for FC while Ridge lost money. That makes him a very capable manager of FC. And since he is president Ridge should respect the position regardless. The fact that he doesn't, suggests maybe it is time for him to go.

Katie obviously isn't happy with Brooke and Ridge being co-vice presidents. Since Brooke has no intention of turning down the job, and why should she, why shouldn't Ridge? Since as you say sharing a desk and maybe an office is a problem for Katie why shouldn't Ridge turn down the job? He would have the same position he has now. It would make the woman he loves feel better so why not?

#29   2014/04/17 09:03PM
    june65

Quote austinandjustin:
    Quote moneytalks:
    Quote austinandjustin:
    Quote moneytalks:
    Quote austinandjustin:

How does Ridge deserve to be CEO? He certainly hasn't done so based on his past job performance. When Ridge was president FC lost money. Since Rick has been president the company has made money. Ridge walking in and making demands (that he didn't even discuss with the president or the CEO) certainly doesn't qualify him for the CEO of Forrester. Someone suggested that Eric would only make Ridge CEO if Brooke was with him because Eric doesn't fully trust Ridge to be CEO on his own. That could be true. Wanting to be CEO/president doesn't mean he deserves it.

Rick once again has made money for FC while Ridge lost money. That makes him a very capable manager of FC. And since he is president Ridge should respect the position regardless. The fact that he doesn't, suggests maybe it is time for him to go.

Katie obviously isn't happy with Brooke and Ridge being co-vice presidents. Since Brooke has no intention of turning down the job, and why should she, why shouldn't Ridge? Since as you say sharing a desk and maybe an office is a problem for Katie why shouldn't Ridge turn down the job? He would have the same position he has now. It would make the woman he loves feel better so why not?

Ridge is a stock holder part owner, Brooke is only a hired had.

#30   2014/04/17 09:05PM
    dxdobson

Great point! Let Ridge turn down the job and just be the head designer. They let thorne be the lead in shipping for years!
    back to firing Katie - Brooke is not being vindictive - it makes sense. Katie cannot handle the job. Bill has experience and the connections to easily fix issues that pop up. Katie is a good people person and they would probably make a good team but Katie should not be CEO of the family business.
    Actually I would worry more if I were Brooke and bill and Katie started working together because they have a young baby together and they still love each other - although Katie won't admit it.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list