List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Bold and the Beautiful - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Bold and the Beautiful Forum :: Katie brought this on herself. I don't feel sorry

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Katie brought this on herself. I don't feel sorry

Started by jilltidwell at 2013/09/26 12:47PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/29 09:20AM, Views: 1743, Replies: 56
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #21   2013/09/26 03:54PM
    Re: Katie brought this on herself. I don't feel sorry
    HFless

Quote Please_listen:
    Quote jilltidwell:
    Quote Please_listen:
    Quote jilltidwell:
    Quote JaNell36: Katie need to grow up and stop playing games. She lost.. move on already!

Yes she does. I'm tired of people bashing Brooke for things that she can't control. It was Katie and Katie alone who pushed them together. I can't understand how people think that Brooke should always take responsibility for her actions, but Katie always no matter what gets a free pass. I'm not saying that Brooke is perfect, but neither is Katie. She is using this PPD as an excuse to not to take responsibility for something SHE set in motion. She can't stop crying like a baby because she can't have what she wants. Has she ever thought about that Bill might not want her back because all she ever did after Will was born was push him away. Bill needed her to be a wife to him as well. But, instead of doing that she pushed him away. She thinks that she can do whatever she wants to other people and people are supposed to forgive her, but she won't forgive. She lives by a double standard.

I'm sorry but I whole heartedly disagree with you, first of all, Katie was ill, the entire time it was shown on screen this woman was mentally unstable. She could hear her heart beating loud as a drum, even her perception of the things around here were dark, warped and haunting. What was that FAKING?????? PRETENDING???? She woman was suffering, we all witness it every single day she pushed them together. katie was afraid of dying again, and since she was the only one on that show besides Taylor, that had to deal with DYING, I don't think none of them can speak on what she was going thur.

That along with the trauma of delivering a baby can bring to woman's life, is enough to make anyone break and loose concept of reality. Katie was making arrangements for after she passes away. We all heard her, she was preparing for people to take her place, that alone said how sick she was. Who makes plans for after they pass to that degree, getting a mother for her new born child, and a wife for her husband? She didn't do that out of malice, she had no malicious intent, as a matter of fact, she was doing a act of love for both Brooke and bill, thinking of both of them and not herself.

How on earth is that unselfish act looked upon as a malicious act that deserves being punished???? I don't get it, she did what she did out of love, and benefitted nothing from it other than having someone to care for her loved ones after she's gone.

YEAH hang her a$$, how freaking dare she do something as horrific as make plans for her family after she's gone. GMAFB!

I'm sorry I just do believe that she did know what she was doing. You can't use a disease like PPD as an excuse. Put it this way: my dad has had strokes he's ok now, but that don't give him the right to treat me any way he wants. Same goes fir Katie.

You're entitled to your beliefs, but it's documented scientific fact that women suffering from PPD is not in control of their mental state, and there are degrees to this disease, some even with the mother taking the life of her own newborn baby. So it does indeed effect your decision making abilities. And again, we saw for ourselves, they took the time to allow us a peek into katie's world, and it was warped and disfigured and that deafen heart beat going on constantly.

That proved how sick Katie was, so she didn't push them together while she was in her right mind. If you choose to not give her empathy or compassion for her suffering that's one thing, but you can't take away the fact she was suffering from a dangerous disease.

Katie was NOT sick when Brooke and Bill had sex the first time. She (Katie) had just once again thrown her rings back at Bill and declared the marriage was over. Whilst Katie was suffering from PPD Bill and Brooke did NOTHING about acting on what Katie was setting up eg trip to Aspen, hot air balloon rides;

It was the morning after the car accident when Katie arrived and Brooke and found that Bill had slept at Brookes house (and in her bed) but not with Brooke that Katies flew off the deep end and threw her rings back at Bill (yet again) and declared the marriage over then Brooke and Bill had sex.

After Katied had her attack and was coming out of her coma she once again asked for her rings back and Bill gave them to her and vowed to make the marriage work and they were on their way to doing that until big snoopy nose Taylor had to get her say into the whole thing

#22   2013/09/26 03:57PM
    bethonly

Quote Please_listen:
    Quote bethonly:
    Quote Please_listen:
    Quote jilltidwell:
    Quote Please_listen:
    Quote jilltidwell:
    Quote JaNell36: Katie need to grow up and stop playing games. She lost.. move on already!

Yes she does. I'm tired of people bashing Brooke for things that she can't control. It was Katie and Katie alone who pushed them together. I can't understand how people think that Brooke should always take responsibility for her actions, but Katie always no matter what gets a free pass. I'm not saying that Brooke is perfect, but neither is Katie. She is using this PPD as an excuse to not to take responsibility for something SHE set in motion. She can't stop crying like a baby because she can't have what she wants. Has she ever thought about that Bill might not want her back because all she ever did after Will was born was push him away. Bill needed her to be a wife to him as well. But, instead of doing that she pushed him away. She thinks that she can do whatever she wants to other people and people are supposed to forgive her, but she won't forgive. She lives by a double standard.

I'm sorry but I whole heartedly disagree with you, first of all, Katie was ill, the entire time it was shown on screen this woman was mentally unstable. She could hear her heart beating loud as a drum, even her perception of the things around here were dark, warped and haunting. What was that FAKING?????? PRETENDING???? She woman was suffering, we all witness it every single day she pushed them together. katie was afraid of dying again, and since she was the only one on that show besides Taylor, that had to deal with DYING, I don't think none of them can speak on what she was going thur.

That along with the trauma of delivering a baby can bring to woman's life, is enough to make anyone break and loose concept of reality. Katie was making arrangements for after she passes away. We all heard her, she was preparing for people to take her place, that alone said how sick she was. Who makes plans for after they pass to that degree, getting a mother for her new born child, and a wife for her husband? She didn't do that out of malice, she had no malicious intent, as a matter of fact, she was doing a act of love for both Brooke and bill, thinking of both of them and not herself.

How on earth is that unselfish act looked upon as a malicious act that deserves being punished???? I don't get it, she did what she did out of love, and benefitted nothing from it other than having someone to care for her loved ones after she's gone.

YEAH hang her a$$, how freaking dare she do something as horrific as make plans for her family after she's gone. GMAFB!

I'm sorry I just do believe that she did know what she was doing. You can't use a disease like PPD as an excuse. Put it this way: my dad has had strokes he's ok now, but that don't give him the right to treat me any way he wants. Same goes fir Katie.

You're entitled to your beliefs, but it's documented scientific fact that women suffering from PPD is not in control of their mental state, and there are degrees to this disease, some even with the mother taking the life of her own newborn baby. So it does indeed effect your decision making abilities. And again, we saw for ourselves, they took the time to allow us a peek into katie's world, and it was warped and disfigured and that deafen heart beat going on constantly.

That proved how sick Katie was, so she didn't push them together while she was in her right mind. If you choose to not give her empathy or compassion for her suffering that's one thing, but you can't take away the fact she was suffering from a dangerous disease.

what about her demanding dumb ways before and after her ppd? i should get me some of that ppd. i could have excuses for a lot of my dumb actions.

Your key words were BEFORE and AFTER, and the before is what Bill WILLINGLY went into, Katie was never a push over for Bill, and she was always telling him about his ways and how some of them he needed to change. One of them brought him closer to his son Liam, as it was Katie was that demanding he reach out to his son, that he stops treating him like some disease he caught.

Katie didn't get over her PPD over night, and it shouldn't have matter, not if he truly loved and cared about her, the vows said thur sickness and health. Katie forgave Bill time and time again for alot more than things he did to her than she supposedly did to him.

Bill often said katie made him a better woman, and even to the point to said he would TRY to change some of his ways, Bill wasn't fighting and kicking and sratching all the way, it was only when Brooke came in telling him he can do no wrong that he started throwing these it's unforgivable crap around.

your key words were if he LOVED and CARED about her. enough said. IF would be MY keyword here.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/26 04:00PM
    #23   2013/09/26 04:03PM
    june65

Katie brought a lot on herself, but time makes history fade away. How many times has Brooke pranced around in her nightie for Bill and met him in the cabin for talks. That is what you call foreplay.
    All that foreplay for Billies attention. She is from the valley.
    Katie didn't lose she won.
    Brooke played that man like a fiddle. LOL!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/26 04:05PM
    #24   2013/09/26 04:42PM
    JudyLudy

No one feels sorry for Katie. That's the only emotion Katie could ever evoke and she lost it. She has lost all her power, period.

Her PPD excuse is lame. She was offered treatment that she refused over and over. It was her choice to remain sick.

She sent two vulnerable people to Aspen, in hopes of them falling in love, and when that happens, she returns, and she expects everyone to press a button and forget everything for HER sake.

Brooke and Bill did try theirt best to do everything for Katie's sake. That was what made Katie think she an walk all over them constantly. This is why she has such a hard time letting go of her anger now, that Brooke and Bill refuse to play her manipulative games anymore. Katie is used to manipulating people, it is like second nature to her. She can't anymore and it drives her nuts. Oh well, that's her problem.

She flat out admitted to Brooke today what most of us already knew- that she just doesn't want Brooke to have Bill. She doesn't love Bill, she doesn't love Brooke, she doesn't want them to be happy, she just wants everyone to be as miserable as she is.

In a nutchell, this is all about ego and competition for Katie.

Too bad for her, Brooke and Bill will not play her game and she will have to eat some crow and more crow and more crow.

Thank you writers. Brilliant.

#25   2013/09/26 04:47PM
    Sassywithclass

Quote june65:

Katie brought a lot on herself, but time makes history fade away. How many times has Brooke pranced around in her nightie for Bill and met him in the cabin for talks. That is what you call foreplay.
    All that foreplay for Billies attention. She is from the valley.
    Katie didn't lose she won.
    Brooke played that man like a fiddle. LOL!

Thank U June. Brooke had her sites set on Bill after he dropped his towel. U don't take two pills and get over PPD. Taylor saw Brooke pattern with men and warned them both, she got slapped. I know Bill was against the baby but Katie made that sacriface and what she gets. The other thing, was it not Brooke who told Hope she had acted n haste 2 take off her engagement ring? Was not it Brooke n Steffy face with annulment papers, was it not Brooke n Liam face teling him it was not 2 late 4 Lope he only loved hope marrying Steffy was a mistake. Sounds like a hypocrite 2 me.

#26   2013/09/26 04:52PM
    moneytalks

I don't feel sorry for Katie. Not one little bit. Except I feel sympathy for her heart problems of course. She has become so much stronger as a result of her creepy sister showing what she really is. She has learned that Bill is just a paper tiger. She has grown out of dependence on both of them. It is not easy or comfortable and every now and then she thinks it would be easier to just give in and be their doormat again. Before this she thought they were better than she was but now she knows she is the better person. Katie has gained. Brooke and Bill have lost big time unless unlimited, mindless sex is the only thing in life worth having.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/26 04:52PM
    #27   2013/09/26 04:56PM
    JudyLudy

Quote HFless:
    Quote Please_listen:
    Quote jilltidwell:
    Quote Please_listen:
    Quote jilltidwell:

Katie was NOT sick when Brooke and Bill had sex the first time. She (Katie) had just once again thrown her rings back at Bill and declared the marriage was over. Whilst Katie was suffering from PPD Bill and Brooke did NOTHING about acting on what Katie was setting up eg trip to Aspen, hot air balloon rides;

It was the morning after the car accident when Katie arrived and Brooke and found that Bill had slept at Brookes house (and in her bed) but not with Brooke that Katies flew off the deep end and threw her rings back at Bill (yet again) and declared the marriage over then Brooke and Bill had sex.

After Katied had her attack and was coming out of her coma she once again asked for her rings back and Bill gave them to her and vowed to make the marriage work and they were on their way to doing that until big snoopy nose Taylor had to get her say into the whole thing

PPD only internsified Katie's issues. Katie was ALWAYS a nagging, demanding, control freak. PPD made that WORSE. And still that gave Katie NO right to play with Brooke and Bill's emotions and fragile state and then expect them to press a button and forget everything. People are not machines.

Brooke did everything in her power to help and support Katie and her marriage. If it wasn't for Brooke's support, the Batie marriage would have ended sooner. Bill was losing his patience when Katie, with no PPD anymore, refused to be a wife to him and was whining to him day and night, then kept walking out on him over and over again only to come crawiling back 5 minutes later. Most men would have left Katie long time ago, Bill was more than patient with her because of her heart condition, their child and Brooke's efforts.

Katie is totally incapable of being in an adult relationship, she doesn't know how to love, how to support, how to understand and appreciate, all Katie knows is draw attention to herself and guilt trip others to do what she wants.

Brooke and everyone else overprotected Katie all her life and as a result, Katie now things she can throw a pity party and everyhing will go the way she wants.

'' I don't want Bill, but I don't want you to have him either''.'' I will love you, only if you do what I want. I have all the excuses in the world for what I did, you have none.Do what I want, and i may start loving you back''.

Katie is a mess and wll always be a mess, because she loves it. Brooke put her in her place brilliantly. She knows her baby sister is all about empty threats, empty promises and fake performances''.

She went from portraying Brooke as the devil for ''stealing Bill'' to portraying her as an angel who was always there for her. You can't have it both ways Katie.

Brooke and Bill are here to stay, . Read Don Diamont's new interview on TV guide. Brilliant and totally spot on. He says everything more viewers say.

#28   2013/09/26 05:43PM
    Sassywithclass

Sure Katie brought this on herself just like Beth,Caroline,Stephanie,Taylor,Darla,Donna,Bridget and Hope did. Brooke and all the men she stole from other women always blame the other women because Brooke is such a manipulative, cunning, selfish w----. Men can't get pass their ego/dingy getting stroked.

#29   2013/09/26 09:54PM
    HFless

Quote JudyLudy:
    Quote HFless:
    Quote Please_listen:
    Quote jilltidwell:
    Quote Please_listen:
    Quote jilltidwell:

PPD only internsified Katie's issues. Katie was ALWAYS a nagging, demanding, control freak. PPD made that WORSE. And still that gave Katie NO right to play with Brooke and Bill's emotions and fragile state and then expect them to press a button and forget everything. People are not machines.

Brooke did everything in her power to help and support Katie and her marriage. If it wasn't for Brooke's support, the Batie marriage would have ended sooner. Bill was losing his patience when Katie, with no PPD anymore, refused to be a wife to him and was whining to him day and night, then kept walking out on him over and over again only to come crawiling back 5 minutes later. Most men would have left Katie long time ago, Bill was more than patient with her because of her heart condition, their child and Brooke's efforts.

Katie is totally incapable of being in an adult relationship, she doesn't know how to love, how to support, how to understand and appreciate, all Katie knows is draw attention to herself and guilt trip others to do what she wants.

Brooke and everyone else overprotected Katie all her life and as a result, Katie now things she can throw a pity party and everyhing will go the way she wants.

'' I don't want Bill, but I don't want you to have him either''.'' I will love you, only if you do what I want. I have all the excuses in the world for what I did, you have none.Do what I want, and i may start loving you back''.

Katie is a mess and wll always be a mess, because she loves it. Brooke put her in her place brilliantly. She knows her baby sister is all about empty threats, empty promises and fake performances''.

She went from portraying Brooke as the devil for ''stealing Bill'' to portraying her as an angel who was always there for her. You can't have it both ways Katie.

Brooke and Bill are here to stay, . Read Don Diamont's new interview on TV guide. Brilliant and totally spot on. He says everything more viewers say.

All her life Katie has been protected by her family it has always been a case of "poor Katie"she has always gotten what she wanted and now the tables have turned and she is being required to be an adult and she can't so tough luck for her.

I don't agree with what Brooke and Bill have done but they have no cause to feel any guilt IMO more was done to them than by them

Katie has had to learn the hard way or did she learn only time will tell

#30   2013/09/27 04:13AM
    stargaze

Quote jilltidwell: Katie needs to stop trying to get people to feel sorry for her. She brought this on herself. It started when she was pregnant and hot worse after she had Will. I'm not one to think that you can blame a disease on something you do or don't do. I don't believe that she can blame the PPD for everything. I believe she knew exactly what she was doing when she did it. She acts like she had no part in it. She must have forgotten about when she did the same thing to Brooke's daughter Bridget. She wanted Brooke and Bridget to forgive her, but she can't do the same to Brooke and Bill. She uses a double standard when she uses one set of rules for herself and another for everyone else.

Oh do you mean she uses the double standard that Brooke uses like Steffy was wrong to go after Liam when Hope broke their engagement but it was okay when a distraught Katie took off her rings after finding Brooke with her husband on a bed in her nightwear for the second time after she specifically asked Brooke to stay away from her husband.

Brooke was warned that Katie was suffering from PDD when she attempted to put Brooke and Bill together. Brooke was told that Katie was not making rationale decisions because of her illness. Brooke was told that when Katie got the help that she needs she would want her family intact. Both Brooke and Bill knew that this decision was made while Katie was ill but they continued down the path all the while saying that Taylor was just saying these things out of spite because of her past relationship with Brooke.

When Taylor was finally able to get Katie the help that she needed and got her back home then told Katie about the kiss that Brooke and Bill had shared, Katie asked Brooke and Bill straight out if they had developed feelings for each other. Both Brooke and Bill denied that they had. Maybe it is time for Katie to remind them that she asked them about their feelings way back when she first was receiving treatment for her PDD. It is at this point where Katie's responsibility for trying to put them together really ends because from this point on Katie was no longer trying to put them together. Katie unfortunately believed them when they told her that nothing was going on and that Taylor was just paranoid because of her past history with Brooke.

From this point on Brooke (I know she really believes) acts like she is being supportive of Katie. She keeps telling Katie all she is doing wrong with Bill, while Brooke keeps telling Bill that Katie needs to understand and accept (the way that Brooke does) Bill for who he is. It is no wonder that Bill chooses Brooke in the end because it is a lot of work trying to be a better person and treat people with respect instead of tyranny.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list