List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Bold and the Beautiful - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Bold and the Beautiful Forum :: Ratings 7-8 to 7-12 see B&B's Friday increase

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Ratings 7-8 to 7-12 see B&B's Friday increase

Started by myfavs100 at 2013/07/21 04:27PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/28 02:25PM, Views: 1492, Replies: 21
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/07/24 06:12PM
    Re: Ratings 7-8 to 7-12 see B&B's Friday increase
    myfavs100

Quote bethonly:
    Quote ItsMeNotU:
    Quote Nauntieann: It was also Quinn's first day and she brought alot of new fans with her.
    I tuned in to watch the Batie action and HOTT and well to see Leffy End.
    Yep we have to give Quinn, Hott, Batie and all of them credit for the 2.7' they all brought ratings in that day. The whole week was good. Monday was a very high day.I am a BnB fan have been since the beginning and I don't tune in to just watch one character. I love the whole show. Now I do love Hope but I'm not obsessed with her. I watched the show way before her. The ratings was high all week may be because Taylor is gone people are watching now.But I sure alot of Rena (Quinn ) fans tuned in that day to see her. The Batie breakup was big also. There was alot of great actors and actresses on this day.Cant give just one the credit. I'm sure Bell will see it that way.Im sure a lot of people wanted to see Bill get his finally that was highly advertised.Wow they showed Steffy on Thursday and it was stated she would be on and it was the lowest day. Look at Monday and no Steffy wow I guess HOTT brought that day up .

LOL!!! On the day it was 2.7, you mentioned giving all the actors credit and mentioned all by name except for Steffy. On the day it was the lowest at 2.4, you only mentioned Steffy. Can't have it both ways.

and she was on Thursday, the lowest day. all soaps were up Friday except gh. everyone watches on Friday and Monday on all soaps. so what is she trying to tell us?

Here are the facts on the 2.4 / 3,255,000 for Thursday, July 11. There were 2 sneaks peaks available for Thursday. One was 32 seconds long. Steffy was on in that preview for TWO SECONDS. There was another sneak peak that was 47 seconds long. Steffy was not in that preview, period!

Were Steffy / JMW fans supposed to watch when she got 2 seconds of preview?

Now for the show itself. The first segment with Steffy was primarily a flashback that last about 1 minute. The second segment with Steffy was a flashback that lasted 12 seconds. Twelve whole seconds! The third segment with Steffy was a telephone conversation that lasted 36 seconds. It was continued after a commercial for 32 seconds.

Steffy was on air for less than 2 and one half minutes.

No way the low mark for the week is on Steffy.

Friday, the 12th was different. Steffy / JMW fans knew she would have major air time.

Her first segment was about 1 minute 5 seconds. The second segment was about 2 minutes, as was the 3rd segment. The 4th segment was about 4 minutes, and the 5th segment was about 1.5 minutes.

That means Steffy was on air for over half the show.

And the ratings were 2.7 / 3,796,000, up 541,000 from Thursday!

Let's see what happens in August and September!

#12   2013/07/24 07:03PM
    Cobra Like

Quote myfavs100:
    Quote bethonly:
    Quote ItsMeNotU:
    Quote Nauntieann: It was also Quinn's first day and she brought alot of new fans with her.
    I tuned in to watch the Batie action and HOTT and well to see Leffy End.
    Yep we have to give Quinn, Hott, Batie and all of them credit for the 2.7' they all brought ratings in that day. The whole week was good. Monday was a very high day.I am a BnB fan have been since the beginning and I don't tune in to just watch one character. I love the whole show. Now I do love Hope but I'm not obsessed with her. I watched the show way before her. The ratings was high all week may be because Taylor is gone people are watching now.But I sure alot of Rena (Quinn ) fans tuned in that day to see her. The Batie breakup was big also. There was alot of great actors and actresses on this day.Cant give just one the credit. I'm sure Bell will see it that way.Im sure a lot of people wanted to see Bill get his finally that was highly advertised.Wow they showed Steffy on Thursday and it was stated she would be on and it was the lowest day. Look at Monday and no Steffy wow I guess HOTT brought that day up .

LOL!!! On the day it was 2.7, you mentioned giving all the actors credit and mentioned all by name except for Steffy. On the day it was the lowest at 2.4, you only mentioned Steffy. Can't have it both ways.

and she was on Thursday, the lowest day. all soaps were up Friday except gh. everyone watches on Friday and Monday on all soaps. so what is she trying to tell us?

Here are the facts on the 2.4 / 3,255,000 for Thursday, July 11. There were 2 sneaks peaks available for Thursday. One was 32 seconds long. Steffy was on in that preview for TWO SECONDS. There was another sneak peak that was 47 seconds long. Steffy was not in that preview, period!

Were Steffy / JMW fans supposed to watch when she got 2 seconds of preview?

Now for the show itself. The first segment with Steffy was primarily a flashback that last about 1 minute. The second segment with Steffy was a flashback that lasted 12 seconds. Twelve whole seconds! The third segment with Steffy was a telephone conversation that lasted 36 seconds. It was continued after a commercial for 32 seconds.

Steffy was on air for less than 2 and one half minutes.

No way the low mark for the week is on Steffy.

Friday, the 12th was different. Steffy / JMW fans knew she would have major air time.

Her first segment was about 1 minute 5 seconds. The second segment was about 2 minutes, as was the 3rd segment. The 4th segment was about 4 minutes, and the 5th segment was about 1.5 minutes.

That means Steffy was on air for over half the show.

And the ratings were 2.7 / 3,796,000, up 541,000 from Thursday!

Let's see what happens in August and September!

Thank you myfavs for the truth. Posters like to SPIN the facts. There is no way in Haties Steffy can be blamed for low ratings when she is on for 12 seconds!! LMAO, that is ludicrous.

#13   2013/07/25 06:38AM
    myfavs100

Does anyone still want to assert that Steffy is responsible for the Thursday rating?

#14   2013/07/25 08:49AM
    Princessrose17

Quote myfavs100: Does anyone still want to assert that Steffy is responsible for the Thursday rating?

With all due respect. If you are going to give JMW all the credit for the ratings increase on Friday then you have to come up with a better excuse as to why the ratings decreased on Thursday when she was on screen. . Stating that Steffy only being on screen for a short period of time on Thursday means the drop in ratings don't pertain to her do not make sence. There were many Steffy fans that have posted that they discontinued watching B&B because of JMW's departure and they would tune in on that Thursday & Friday. No one had any idea Steffy would be on for the short period of time she was on Thursday. If Steffy fans are so loyal like I believe they are they would have still tuned to watch there fav no matter how short her screen time was. They would have never stopped watching in the middle of the show. So your theory of why JMW is not just as responsible for Thursday's ratings as Fridays do not make sence. Imo

#15   2013/07/25 10:01AM
    ItsMeNotU

Quote Princessrose17:
    Quote myfavs100: Does anyone still want to assert that Steffy is responsible for the Thursday rating?

With all due respect. If you are going to give JMW all the credit for the ratings increase on Friday then you have to come up with a better excuse as to why the ratings decreased on Thursday when she was on screen. . Stating that Steffy only being on screen for a short period of time on Thursday means the drop in ratings don't pertain to her do not make sence. There were many Steffy fans that have posted that they discontinued watching B&B because of JMW's departure and they would tune in on that Thursday & Friday. No one had any idea Steffy would be on for the short period of time she was on Thursday. If Steffy fans are so loyal like I believe they are they would have still tuned to watch there fav no matter how short her screen time was. They would have never stopped watching in the middle of the show. So your theory of why JMW is not just as responsible for Thursday's ratings as Fridays do not make sence. Imo

Should take your post and reply to bethonly as she was blaming Steffy for Thursday, yet giving her no credit for Friday.

#16   2013/07/25 04:21PM
    Princessrose17

Quote ItsMeNotU:
    Quote Princessrose17:

Should take your post and reply to bethonly as she was blaming Steffy for Thursday, yet giving her no credit for Friday.

My point is that one actor is not responsible for increasing or decreasing ratings. All the actors are valuable to the show. Saying because Steffy was on Friday is the only reason for the increase in ratings is not true because the same would be true on Thursday as well. The amount of airtime would make no difference in the ratings because JMW's fans would still tune in to watch Steffy no matter how little airtime she had that day. Steffy fans were not aware prior to watching Thursday's episode how much Steffy would be on so there viewing the episode would count in the ratings. So stating Thursday's ratings were down because Steffy hardly had any airtime does not make since.

#17   2013/07/25 04:53PM
    Cobra Like

Quote Princessrose17:
    Quote ItsMeNotU:
    Quote Princessrose17:

My point is that one actor is not responsible for increasing or decreasing ratings. All the actors are valuable to the show. Saying because Steffy was on Friday is the only reason for the increase in ratings is not true because the same would be true on Thursday as well. The amount of airtime would make no difference in the ratings because JMW's fans would still tune in to watch Steffy no matter how little airtime she had that day. Steffy fans were not aware prior to watching Thursday's episode how much Steffy would be on so there viewing the episode would count in the ratings. So stating Thursday's ratings were down because Steffy hardly had any airtime does not make since.

Why are posters SPEAKING for Steffy fans??? You really should not assume. It is VERY easy to see by the daily update if an actor has a few seconds or a lot of airtime. I personally did NOT tune in to see a couple seconds of Steffy and I resent another poster saying that I would because I am a JMW fan!

Most of us are very thrilled and happy that she is more successful than the rest of the cast. I don't need to be tricked into watching the adulteresses because the update used Steffy as bait to make us watch. We are on to them

#18   2013/07/25 05:29PM
    Princessrose17

Quote Cobra Like:
    Quote Princessrose17:
    Quote ItsMeNotU:
    Quote Princessrose17:

Why are posters SPEAKING for Steffy fans??? You really should not assume. It is VERY easy to see by the daily update if an actor has a few seconds or a lot of airtime. I personally did NOT tune in to see a couple seconds of Steffy and I resent another poster saying that I would because I am a JMW fan!

Most of us are very thrilled and happy that she is more successful than the rest of the cast. I don't need to be tricked into watching the adulteresses because the update used Steffy as bait to make us watch. We are on to them

Your right. No one can speak for any other fan. I was referring to the many Steffy fans that stated they would be tuning in on Thursday and Friday because she would be on. The ratings were down on Thursday but up on Friday. A Steffy fan opened this thread stating the Friday increase was due to Steffy. When questioned why Thursday was down and Steffy was also on the only explanation is the amount of time she was on made Steffy fans not tune in to watch. That does not make since. Even assuming some Steffy fans read the daily update (like you said you did) that stated she was hardly on then chose not to watch. The daily update is available after the show airs. So you would have to have recorded the episode already (which would count in ratings even if you don't watch it) Or watch it online. The whole point I am trying to make is that one person does not effect the ratings that much. Thursday & Friday with Steffy being on both days and the ratings being so different proves one character does not make the show.

#19   2013/07/25 07:06PM
    Cobra Like

Boy, you assume a lot! I read the update in the morning. The show doesn't come on till later. Please! stop second guessing us.

#20   2013/07/28 12:35PM
    Letsbenice

I am so glad the ratings are up and I read an interesting article on the ratings for the week of July 15-19th, B&B had the most solid week of all the daytime dramas. B&B added +87,000 total viewers, the most of any soap for the ratings period, and it remained in the second spot with over 3.5 million viewers. B&B also is up a whopping +456,000 from the previous year at this time! B&B also added the most viewers in key demos-18-49 females +31,000, and +5,000 in females 18-34!

Obviously, the new cast and story lines are bringing in viewers. The absence of HT and JMW's break has in fact improved the ratings. Good for B&B!

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list