List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Bold and the Beautiful - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Bold and the Beautiful Forum :: Let's keep it civil..

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Let's keep it civil..

Started by ShirleyE at 2013/06/15 04:57PM
    Latest post: 2013/06/16 01:08PM, Views: 430, Replies: 7
    page:
    #1   2013/06/15 04:57PM
    Let's keep it civil..
    ShirleyE

I've been reading some of the threads on here and I am bothered by the amount of anger and hate some of the posters are putting out. I know we are deeply invested in our soap and our favorite characters. The thing that I don't get is the amount of pure hate toward some actors and actresses. Please remember that they are just doing their job the same as you do every day. When you start saying that you will stop watching the show if this person doesn't get let go , or that you wish something terriable would happen to them, I get disturbed. Please remember that these are actors doing their jobs, and that the characters do not reflect on them personally. Please know that the fact that you feel so strongly about that actor or actress just means that they are really doing their job well. Be a big person and give them their just due for being excellent actors and actresses. The things that are being said can be extremely hurtful.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/15 04:59PM
    #2   2013/06/15 05:10PM
    Re: Let's keep it civil..
    Ahorse is Ah...

Quote ShirleyE: I've been reading some of the threads on here and I am bothered by the amount of anger and hate some of the posters are putting out. I know we are deeply invested in our soap and our favorite characters. The thing that I don't get is the amount of pure hate toward some actors and actresses. Please remember that they are just doing their job the same as you do every day. When you start saying that you will stop watching the show if this person doesn't get let go , or that you wish something terriable would happen to them, I get disturbed. Please remember that these are actors doing their jobs, and that the characters do not reflect on them personally. Please know that the fact that you feel so strongly about that actor or actress just means that they are really doing their job well. Be a big person and give them their just due for being excellent actors and actresses. The things that are being said can be extremely hurtful.

So does your concern include all the hate directed at Hunter Tylo/Taylor and JMW/Steffy?

#3   2013/06/15 05:36PM
    ShirleyE

Quote Ahorse is Ahorse:
    Quote ShirleyE: I've been reading some of the threads on here and I am bothered by the amount of anger and hate some of the posters are putting out. I know we are deeply invested in our soap and our favorite characters. The thing that I don't get is the amount of pure hate toward some actors and actresses. Please remember that they are just doing their job the same as you do every day. When you start saying that you will stop watching the show if this person doesn't get let go , or that you wish something terriable would happen to them, I get disturbed. Please remember that these are actors doing their jobs, and that the characters do not reflect on them personally. Please know that the fact that you feel so strongly about that actor or actress just means that they are really doing their job well. Be a big person and give them their just due for being excellent actors and actresses. The things that are being said can be extremely hurtful.

So does your concern include all the hate directed at Hunter Tylo/Taylor and JMW/Steffy?

YES!!!!!!! My concern is for every actor and actress on the show. I have watched Hunter Tylo for years and even though I am not liking the SL she has been given I like and respect the actress. She is a beautiful, talanted actress. The same for Steffy/JMW, Hope/KM and Brooke/KKL.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/15 05:40PM
    #4   2013/06/15 11:32PM
    MaxMi

Quote ShirleyE:
    Quote Ahorse is Ahorse:

YES!!!!!!! My concern is for every actor and actress on the show. I have watched Hunter Tylo for years and even though I am not liking the SL she has been given I like and respect the actress. She is a beautiful, talanted actress. The same for Steffy/JMW, Hope/KM and Brooke/KKL.

I agree. Even if certain characters are not my favorites I understand that the actors/actresses are only doing what the script calls for in regards to their character. I have no reason to dislike any of the actors/actresses and I appreciate their efforts in trying to entertain us.

#5   2013/06/15 11:45PM
    babez

i think we can criticize actors without being insulting and bash them on their look. actors do a public job and they are judged for their acting all the time.
    for ex, i have never thought Ronn Moss was a good actor and i'm not the only one. he was good enough for BnB but when you looked at his acting you couldn't be impressed and it'd be hypocrite to say otherwise. personally i'm not impressed by SC either. do i wish him to lose his job or anything? no. but as a viewer i can expressmy opinion on an actor's acting. again that's part of their job to hear critics about their acting. just like models are judged on their physics. but we can give opinions without being offensive.

#6   2013/06/16 07:14AM
    Barbyboo

Trying to express our opinions is what the board is we know who Bell favors he makes it very obvious. One person swings a golf club and its made a joke off? If Bell didn't play favorites the anger would disappear, but no poster should be punished or harassed for simply expressing their views. I feel that's unfair..but to harrass a poster is inexcusable...have a great day

#7   2013/06/16 07:14AM
    Barbyboo

Trying to express our opinions is what the board is we know who Bell favors he makes it very obvious. One person swings a golf club and its made a joke off? If Bell didn't play favorites the anger would disappear, but no poster should be punished or harassed for simply expressing their views. I feel that's unfair..but to harrass a poster is inexcusable...have a great day sorry for double post

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/16 07:15AM
    #8   2013/06/16 01:08PM
    ShirleyE

Listen I totally agree that everyone has a right to voice your opinion. I am not critizing anyone for that. What I am talking about is the venom that some are posting about the actors by calling them names I wouldn't want to call an enemy. To defame an actors personal character because you dislike the character they play and the script they are given is just wrong. They do not write the script or direct to show. They just do what they are told the way they are told to do it. I dislike some of the characters and the way they write some of the characters. But I don't hold the actors responsible for it. I think that we should feel that all of the actors on the show are great. They keep us entertained, and we feel as strongly about their character because they are doing such a good job. If the actors just came to work and did a so so job with their script, would you feel the same about them. I'm not trying to harass a poster. I'm trying to say let's all put it in perspective. That's all

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list