List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Bold and the Beautiful - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Bold and the Beautiful Forum :: Why the delay in the release of new ratings?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why the delay in the release of new ratings?

Started by myfavs100 at 2013/06/15 08:03AM
    Latest post: 2013/06/16 10:18AM, Views: 888, Replies: 11
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/06/15 08:03AM
    Why the delay in the release of new ratings?
    myfavs100

New ratings are usually posted on Soap Opera Network on Friday mornings. A couple of weeks ago, there was some delay. It is now Saturday morning, and still no new ratings. Are the ratings being withheld for some reason? For the record, I do not expect to see a continuous drop in B&B until after HT leaves and JMW goes on her "break."

#2   2013/06/15 10:40AM
    Re: Why the delay in the release of new ratings?
    Gemma L.

Daytime Emmy's are on Sunday?

#3   2013/06/15 12:54PM
    HopeLoganFan

YEAH sometime in may last month I read that Steffy and Liam brought the ratings up

#4   2013/06/15 01:15PM
    steffywill

Who would have the ability to "withhold" the ratings? The ratings are for ALL soaps, not just B&B. I highly doubt that Bell or anyone else can force the ratings to not be posted. Can you provide some proof to your insinuation?

#5   2013/06/15 02:33PM
    bethis

who needs a rating just look at the board that is a sure indication of bad results and this is not just about a few upset fans.....let's take a minute to think we are intelligent to know that this is not working for B&B surely we have a broad international show but as i say we all know that a show can't be Bachlorette for Steffy and hope for ever and a 60yr old preg with no base of a story other than what we have had yrs of and constant dropping of cast members because they can't pay them or write them in......Personally i know i watch for entertainment and being fair about the show i really don't feel entertained.....what makes me confused is that the fans from the other base seems to be happy about what is going on and i can't see why because we all are one each feeding the other and if the show is not balance it couldn't possibly be successful because the story about one base group has no diversity of general knowledge of a subject sl that makes the two groups interact about the show in away that it's fun rather bullying and argument with angry and hatred which i for one would rather not play tic or tac just want to watch a show! ... now here is an example of what B&B can use for study "Peyton Place" would make a good study for the writers

#6   2013/06/15 02:39PM
    myfavs100

Quote steffywill: Who would have the ability to "withhold" the ratings? The ratings are for ALL soaps, not just B&B. I highly doubt that Bell or anyone else can force the ratings to not be posted. Can you provide some proof to your insinuation?

I know the ratings will be for all the soaps, not just B&B. But the week that B&B had a 863,000 drop in viewers in 1 day, the ratings were released later than normal.

Who know now what the new ratings are? Maybe they even went up. Many of us do not expect a continuous drop until after JMW has left for her "break" and air time will be a steady diet of Brooke and Hope.

This same question about the delay is being asked on several boards, even Logan boards.

#7   2013/06/15 02:40PM
    myfavs100

Quote Gemma L.: Daytime Emmy's are on Sunday?

I think they are on 8 to 10 PM on HLN. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

#8   2013/06/15 02:59PM
    steffywill

Quote myfavs100:
    Quote steffywill: Who would have the ability to "withhold" the ratings? The ratings are for ALL soaps, not just B&B. I highly doubt that Bell or anyone else can force the ratings to not be posted. Can you provide some proof to your insinuation?

I know the ratings will be for all the soaps, not just B&B. But the week that B&B had a 863,000 drop in viewers in 1 day, the ratings were released later than normal.

Who know now what the new ratings are? Maybe they even went up. Many of us do not expect a continuous drop until after JMW has left for her "break" and air time will be a steady diet of Brooke and Hope.

This same question about the delay is being asked on several boards, even Logan boards.

My question to you is why would you or anyone assume that somehow, the powers that be at B&B have anything to do with when ratings are released? Please provide your proof of this happening. You seem intent on proving something, so please, prove it.

#9   2013/06/15 07:12PM
    myfavs100

Quote steffywill:
    Quote myfavs100:

My question to you is why would you or anyone assume that somehow, the powers that be at B&B have anything to do with when ratings are released? Please provide your proof of this happening. You seem intent on proving something, so please, prove it.

I will say it AGAIN. We do not know what the ratings are because they have not been released. I will say AGAIN that the same question is being asked on Logan dominated boards.

We don't know why the ratings have not been released, only asking why they haven't.

The ratings may have gone up. We don't know. But the last time they were delayed Nielson recorded a drop of 863,000 viewers in 1 day.

BTW, there is a post by a Logan fan on a Logan dominated board that should concern everyone who watches B&B. She posted that she read that CBS is thinking about expanding the time for "The Talk."

In this time zone, "The Talk" comes on immediately after B&B. Julie Chen is one of the co-hosts. Her husband is, according to Wiki, the President and CEO of CBS Corporation.

#10   2013/06/15 07:41PM
    bnb fan

The show is being dropped in some places in Canada per a poster on another board...

But Bell has stated that gives a flying F about the viewers opinions he writes what he wants...I guess then to him I say Good Luck.

Start disrespecting the value of the viewers then kiss your success goodbye ....kinda arrogant

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list