List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Bold and the Beautiful - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Bold and the Beautiful Forum :: Look who is presenting Emmy 4 supporting actress

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Look who is presenting Emmy 4 supporting actress

Started by myfavs100 at 2013/06/15 07:58AM
    Latest post: 2013/06/16 04:30PM, Views: 3312, Replies: 51
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #31   2013/06/15 07:38PM
    Re: Look who is presenting Emmy 4 supporting actress
    ShirleyE

Quote Ahorse is Ahorse:
    Quote ShirleyE:
    Quote myfavs100: Go take a look at who is scheduled to hand out the Emmy for supporting actress. If that does not tell you what is going on, nothing will.

I don't understand what your trying to say. Are you saying that KKL is going to win because DD is presenting that award? Beacuse if you are,nothing could be further from the truth. When an actor wants to be considered for a Emmy, they or someone else nominates them.The actor or actress picks what scenes they want. That person then submits their tape to be watched by the members of either SAG [ screen actors guild] or ampas [ the acadmey of motion pictures arts and sciences] I think it's one of the 2. Anyway it's one of them. The members view the submissions and vote with the ballets that are sent to them. When the cut off date is reached an independent org. counts the votes and submits the results and the award is given out. Sorry to disappoint you, but they can not cheat and give an award to anyone who did not offically win it. So if KKL wins it, it is because she got the most votes.

So according to you there could never be an unfair vote when a proceedure is in order? Whether electing the president of the country, a beauty contest winner, an academy award winner, an Olympic gold medalist, or any other contest?

Whenever humans are involved, there will always be powerful people with personal agendas, politics, and bribery. Sorry, but that is just the way it is.

That is [not] what I said. I am talking about how actors and actresses wim Emmy's. That is why no one is sent to a polling center to vote. That is why tapes are sent to the members in the catagories [actors vote for actors, etc] they are voting for. So that everything they see and do is completely private. Except like best show best directing then everyone votes. That is why it is handled by an independent agency. They have no stake in the results.

#32   2013/06/15 07:47PM
    ShirleyE

Quote myfavs100: Guess whose picture the head of CBS Daytime was retweeting?

I don't understand why anyone would be surprised about KKL being the face of B&B. She has been on the show since the first show, and never left. I agree JMW is a fantastic actress, but her what 5 years on this show can not compare to KKL's 26 years or so. KKL has earned her place on this show and with her seniority there. She has paid her dues. When JMW has spent 26 years or so on B&B she should get the same respect. Remember you are respecting the actress not the character.

#33   2013/06/15 10:01PM
    missing atwt

All this talk about the emmys been rigged . If that is the case then ALL of them are in all the categories. Can't have it both ways .

#34   2013/06/15 10:10PM
    bnbloveLA

Quote missing atwt: All this talk about the emmys been rigged . If that is the case then ALL of them are in all the categories. Can't have it both ways .

Can't help but wonder if JMW wins, are they going to cry foul?

#35   2013/06/15 10:22PM
    missing atwt

Quote bnbloveLA:
    Quote missing atwt: All this talk about the emmys been rigged . If that is the case then ALL of them are in all the categories. Can't have it both ways .

Well people should . Since this whole emmy thing is nothing but a ripoff .

#36   2013/06/15 10:43PM
    bnbloveLA

Apparently so.

Quote missing atwt:
    Quote bnbloveLA:

#37   2013/06/15 10:58PM
    missing atwt

Quote bnbloveLA: Apparently so.
    Quote missing atwt:
    Quote bnbloveLA:

I will be watching and rooting for KKL and rest of the cast .

#38   2013/06/15 11:31PM
    babez

Quote Ahorse is Ahorse:
    Quote babez: supporting actress? she is a lead, and H tom is nominated for lead actress, how absurd is that? not that Htom doesn't have the talent to be lead but her character on BnB is not front and center. KKL's character has been the lead for decades so why is she nominated for supporting? makes no sense to me.

Maybe if her strategy (the downgraded category) doesn't win KKL her Emmy, next year she can get in the "Best younger actress" or "Best Newcomer" category.

After all, there are some great actresses to compete against in the LEAD categories so the competition is way too stiff.

rotlmfao!!!! thanks for the laugh!!! yes it's ridiculous that an experienced actress like her submits for Supporting. and also is SC nominated for lead or for young actor? because JMW who has shared the triangle SL with him is in competition for "best young". she could go for Lead as well as long as i'm concerned. she has the talent for and she has been on a lot last year.

#39   2013/06/16 02:43AM
    Stubby

Quote Ahorse is Ahorse:
    Quote babez: supporting actress? she is a lead, and H tom is nominated for lead actress, how absurd is that? not that Htom doesn't have the talent to be lead but her character on BnB is not front and center. KKL's character has been the lead for decades so why is she nominated for supporting? makes no sense to me.

ITA with you
    The reason is, because there are too many great actresses in the "lead" category.

And by the way, just because you were on a soap for 26 years without so much as a Emmy nom, DOES NOT mean you deserve to win. In fact, it speaks VOLUMES!

Exactly.

#40   2013/06/16 07:16AM
    mammamia

I hope SF, SC, AND JMW win but not kkl. That scene should have had Taylor not Brooke. After all Taylor was Stephanie's best friend not Brooke. That was just Bell trying to put brooke front and center due to his favortism of that character. I feel that other actresses in kkl's catergory did a much better job.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list