List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Bold and the Beautiful - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Bold and the Beautiful Forum :: Look who is presenting Emmy 4 supporting actress

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Look who is presenting Emmy 4 supporting actress

Started by myfavs100 at 2013/06/15 07:58AM
    Latest post: 2013/06/16 04:30PM, Views: 3385, Replies: 51
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #21   2013/06/15 03:30PM
    Re: Look who is presenting Emmy 4 supporting actress
    Ahorse is Ah...

Quote babez: supporting actress? she is a lead, and H tom is nominated for lead actress, how absurd is that? not that Htom doesn't have the talent to be lead but her character on BnB is not front and center. KKL's character has been the lead for decades so why is she nominated for supporting? makes no sense to me.

Maybe if her strategy (the downgraded category) doesn't win KKL her Emmy, next year she can get in the "Best younger actress" or "Best Newcomer" category.

After all, there are some great actresses to compete against in the LEAD categories so the competition is way too stiff.

#22   2013/06/15 03:58PM
    grandmarose

Quote beachgirl02840: "Dimples to die for" Jason Thompson (Patrick Drake) from General Hospital is presenting the award for Supporting Actress.

I am sure any of the nominated ladies would love getting their award from such a gorgeous guy

#23   2013/06/15 04:07PM
    BETTYBOOP68

Quote grandmarose:
    Quote scarlet1:
    Quote grandmarose: According to that article Don Diamont and Nancy Lee Grahn
    will be presenting best supporting actor and Jason Thompson will be presenting best supporting actress. Maybe Don will be able to present Scott with an Emmy. I think there is a lot of sentimental support for KKL because she has been on B & B for 26 years. I have seen several interviews of all the B & B nominees so I would hope that they all have a great chance of winning.

I am all for a KKL win - I have watched her for 26 years. Her final scenes with Stephanie were great - completely full circle. I have not liked what they have done with her lately, but is very soap-kooky-drama. Go KKL!

I thought it was great that both Susan & KKL chose the same scene for the Emmy, most of the nominees selected two scenes, but KKl selected only the one and she submitted that one in the supporting role because she felt both Susan and Heather's SL had them as the lead and she felt she was playing a supporting role to Susan and even to Heather's.
    Everything I have read about Bell, has him lauding his whole cast, he has always had high praise for SF, HT, KKL, SC, &
    JMW all of the nominees. I am happy for all the nominees and wish them well.

Thank you so much for clearing up the reason that KKL decided to submit her reel to best supporting actress. Not that I think it will make much difference to most on his thread. The conspiracy theories never end about KKL. The irony of this is that if KKL wasn't such a good actress she wouldn't be able to drive so many people crazy with her portrayal of Brooke. She does such a convincing job in the role that many posters here confuse KKL with her character Brooke. And because they dislike Brooke they carry the hate over to KKL.

I wonder if there will be any apologies for the conspiracy theories if KKL doesn't win?? I sincerely doubt it. SAD

#24   2013/06/15 04:12PM
    myfavs100

Guess whose picture the head of CBS Daytime was retweeting?

#25   2013/06/15 04:27PM
    beachgirl02840

Quote grandmarose:
    Quote beachgirl02840: "Dimples to die for" Jason Thompson (Patrick Drake) from General Hospital is presenting the award for Supporting Actress.

I am sure any of the nominated ladies would love getting their award from such a gorgeous guy

Oh, I'm sure. He doesn't even have to say anything...just smile and show those dimples.

#26   2013/06/15 04:39PM
    Ahorse is Ah...

[quote]Quote BETTYBOOP68: [quote]

I wonder if there will be any apologies for the conspiracy theories if KKL doesn't win?? I sincerely doubt it. SAD [/quote]

If she doesn't win it won't be for the lack of trying on Bell's part, and it won't negate the favoritism that was shown. It will just show that even with all the effort and manipulation.......justice prevailed and the true best actress in said category won.

#27   2013/06/15 04:42PM
    ShirleyE

Quote myfavs100: Go take a look at who is scheduled to hand out the Emmy for supporting actress. If that does not tell you what is going on, nothing will.

I don't understand what your trying to say. Are you saying that KKL is going to win because DD is presenting that award? Beacuse if you are,nothing could be further from the truth. When an actor wants to be considered for a Emmy, they or someone else nominates them.The actor or actress picks what scenes they want. That person then submits their tape to be watched by the members of either SAG [ screen actors guild] or ampas [ the acadmey of motion pictures arts and sciences] I think it's one of the 2. Anyway it's one of them. The members view the submissions and vote with the ballets that are sent to them. When the cut off date is reached an independent org. counts the votes and submits the results and the award is given out. Sorry to disappoint you, but they can not cheat and give an award to anyone who did not offically win it. So if KKL wins it, it is because she got the most votes.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/15 04:45PM
    #28   2013/06/15 05:03PM
    missing atwt

Quote ShirleyE:
    Quote myfavs100: Go take a look at who is scheduled to hand out the Emmy for supporting actress. If that does not tell you what is going on, nothing will.

I don't understand what your trying to say. Are you saying that KKL is going to win because DD is presenting that award? Beacuse if you are,nothing could be further from the truth. When an actor wants to be considered for a Emmy, they or someone else nominates them.The actor or actress picks what scenes they want. That person then submits their tape to be watched by the members of either SAG [ screen actors guild] or ampas [ the acadmey of motion pictures arts and sciences] I think it's one of the 2. Anyway it's one of them. The members view the submissions and vote with the ballets that are sent to them. When the cut off date is reached an independent org. counts the votes and submits the results and the award is given out. Sorry to disappoint you, but they can not cheat and give an award to anyone who did not offically win it. So if KKL wins it, it is because she got the most votes.

Thank you for explaining this . Some don't understand it .

#29   2013/06/15 05:04PM
    Ahorse is Ah...

Quote ShirleyE:

So according to you there could never be an unfair vote when a proceedure is in order? Whether electing the president of the country, a beauty contest winner, an academy award winner, an Olympic gold medalist, or any other contest?

Whenever humans are involved, there will always be powerful people with personal agendas, politics, and bribery. Sorry, but that is just the way it is.

#30   2013/06/15 05:13PM
    Aquarius19

Your correct Ahorse .. As long as humans are involved anything dealing money,power,greed,etc.Anything is possible,bribery,stealing,any means to win people have sometimes been proven not to be fair or honest.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list