List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Bold and the Beautiful - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Bold and the Beautiful Forum :: Susan Flannery's illness

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Susan Flannery's illness

Started by daisy671 at 2007/09/22 04:18AM
    Latest post: 2007/09/30 08:55PM, Views: 13285, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2007/09/22 04:18AM
    Susan Flannery's illness
    daisy671

I just came across this information from Linda Hirsch at
    http://www.creators.com/lifestylefeatures/lynda-hirsch-on-soaps/lynda-hirsch-on-... />
    This is the jist of the article by Linda Hirsch:

"Bold and Beautiful's" Susan Flannery (Stephanie) has asked the show for a medical leave of absence. Flannery has been suffering with fibromyalgia. The condition (we know of what we speak) comes and goes and comes and goes — like a bad relationship.

The interconnective tissue ailment is not fatal but has numerous debilitating symptoms. At its worst, "sleep" becomes the sufferers one and only hobby. Every muscle in your body aches, and even gripping a steering wheel or trying to applaud becomes an Olympic event.

B&B has granted Flannery's request. Her flare-up has come at an essential time in her character's storyline. Recasting Flannery even for a few episodes is not an option. So until Flannery returns, B&B will be Stephanie-light. Remember, it is a soap — so Stephanie can always do her evil behind the curtain.

#2   2007/09/22 05:08AM
    Re: Susan Flannery's illness
    BaileyBaby

Quote daisy671: I just came across this information from Linda Hirsch at
    www.creators.com/lifestylefeatures/lynda-hirsch-on-soaps/lynda-hirsch-on-soaps-g... />
    This is the jist of the article by Linda Hirsch:

"Bold and Beautiful's" Susan Flannery (Stephanie) has asked the show for a medical leave of absence. Flannery has been suffering with fibromyalgia. The condition (we know of what we speak) comes and goes and comes and goes — like a bad relationship.

The interconnective tissue ailment is not fatal but has numerous debilitating symptoms. At its worst, "sleep" becomes the sufferers one and only hobby. Every muscle in your body aches, and even gripping a steering wheel or trying to applaud becomes an Olympic event.

B&B has granted Flannery's request. Her flare-up has come at an essential time in her character's storyline. Recasting Flannery even for a few episodes is not an option. So until Flannery returns, B&B will be Stephanie-light. Remember, it is a soap — so Stephanie can always do her evil behind the curtain.

My Heart goes out to Susan. I too have suffered w/ this illness for many years. It is not easy & keeping up w/ the schedule of as famous an actress as she is the demands must be hard. Have a well earned rest Susan, you deserve it ! !

#3   2007/09/22 07:04AM
    mdtuttle

LEt's all keep Miss Flannery in our prayers and hope she gets well soon. Her presence, however brief will be missed.

#4   2007/09/22 07:19AM
    Candace, B&B...

TPTB have told me directly that Susan is back on set taping as of this week and will first be seen on October 19th!

We wish Susan the best of health and look forward to seeing her first scenes next month!

#5   2007/09/22 09:38PM
    Windflower

I hope the best for her. That is a painful condition, it is a lot like lupus in the way it seems to come and go and is so hard to diagnose.
    I love her character on the show she is like no other, I am pretty upset with her though.
    She has always been a very good actor even before she came to B&B. Better spice things up a bit or it should get pretty boring without her.
    Stephanie plays her perfect heinous!

#6   2007/09/24 08:13AM
    Revasfan

Oh my, best wishes. I'd die without my Stephanie!!!

#7   2007/09/25 06:36AM
    evenunley

Stephanie is my favorite and Susan is such a wonderful person. My prayers are with you. Please feel better soon and come back to make life miserable for the Logan sisters and put glee in my eye and joy in my heart!

SMOOCHES!!!!!!!

#8   2007/09/25 05:38PM
    athena w

Although Susan Flannery's character is ridiculed for the part she plays, she is a great actress and does a great job. I suffer for severe acute fibromyalgia and can truly say Stephanie deserves our prayers and praise for returning so soon. There is no cure for fibromyalgia but it is not life threating. It causes severe muscle pain, problems with sleep, extreme fatigue, and headaches. It can cause irritable bowel,tmj, and pressure points all over the body that hurt.....

#9   2007/09/30 08:12PM
    jsum

Quote Candace, B&B Editor: TPTB have told me directly that Susan is back on set taping as of this week and will first be seen on October 19th!

October 19th????? Man, that is a LONG time without Stephanie. I was hoping that they would reshoot some scenes to fit her back in earlier.

I hope the "scrambled eggs" storyline with Taylor and Nick doesn't move front and center.

#10   2007/09/30 08:55PM
    PLC02

Quote Revasfan: Oh my, best wishes. I'd die without my Stephanie!!!

She got to get well and come back and kick Eric in the hind end!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list