List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Bold and the Beautiful - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Bold and the Beautiful Forum :: Soap Central

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Soap Central

Started by Gotchagirl at 2011/12/28 06:16PM
    Latest post: 2011/12/29 04:09AM, Views: 2831, Replies: 14
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2011/12/28 06:16PM
    Soap Central
    Gotchagirl

Wow, I was justreading soap centrals MB and their mods posted this early today. I thought it was an awesome post! See below:

Guidelines Reminder - Pleas read

We have grown increasingly concerned about the level of nastiness on the CBS boards over the past week or so as storylines have heated up, so the administrative team has asked me to post a guidelines reminder.

We know that not everyone enjoys every storyline or every character, however, please keep in mind that there are many people who do, and it is inappropriate to pick apart other posters, the writing team, or the actors. You do not need to post a negative comment in every thread or repeatedly in the same thread, just to raise your post counts or to prove a point. Our goal is to provide a place for everyone to enjoy talking about Y&R and B&B, not a place for a few people to vent and rant. Such nastiness may provide an outlet for you, but it is not enjoyable for everyone else. Respectfulness is paramount at SOC, and everyone agreed to abide by Dan's guidelines on respectfulness when they joined this members only site. If you feel that the only comment you can offer on a storyline or character is inflammatory, ranting, baiting, redundant, hostile, or bashing, please move on without commenting at all.

Please stay on topic. It's not necessary to bring up the misdeeds of Character X in a thread about Character Y.

If a topic already exists on the board, please add your thoughts there.

If you would like to comment on an upcoming scene, please make sure you're in a marked spoiler thread.

If you see a post in obvious violation of our guidelines, please report it without responding to it.

SOC permits the same adult language used by the alphabet network soaps. If the phrase or word you would like to use to describe sexual activity would not be appropriate on a soap, please don't use it on the boards.

SOC does not permit links to competing sites or to video clips that have been uploaded by viewers at home.

If you have a question, please RPP this post and use the comment area for your question.

#2   2011/12/28 06:23PM
    Re: Soap Central
    jcyl

Thanks for the update....I post there as well as here, but in general, I used to enjoy the posters here more, as I used to feel as though I "knew" them but no more......

The one thing that works well is the merged threads....a thread is for your thought, whether you started the thought or thread or not.......I find here, numerous threads on the same subject which drives me crazy.......99% of the time, someone has started a thread with the same thought process......check a page or two.......

Also, no silly rude nicknames are allowed, which I wish were monitored here........

#3   2011/12/28 06:23PM
    11aces

Wow, that is a good post, obviously other boards are going through rough times aswell.

#4   2011/12/28 06:27PM
    Gotchagirl

Quote jcyl: Thanks for the update....I post there as well as here, but in general, I used to enjoy the posters here more, as I used to feel as though I "knew" them but no more......

The one thing that works well is the merged threads....a thread is for your thought, whether you started the thought or thread or not.......I find here, numerous threads on the same subject which drives me crazy.......99% of the time, someone has started a thread with the same thought process......check a page or two.......

Also, no silly rude nicknames are allowed, which I wish were monitored here........

Agreed, there are way too many repeat threads here and the rude nicknames get really old. I can pretty much do a quick sweep of the titles and move on to the next MB

#5   2011/12/28 06:28PM
    Gotchagirl

Quote 11aces: Wow, that is a good post, obviously other boards are going through rough times aswell.

Yeah they are aces but even on the worst day on soapcentral, it's no where near as nasty as it is here...

#6   2011/12/28 06:29PM
    kathys clown

look like they trying to get a hold of things and make it a better place to post. glad they do that cause it is easy to get out of hand like this message board.

#7   2011/12/28 06:32PM
    Jemina

On the other hand, while their rules are great, the mods do have their favorites who can say and do anything, while the newbies are chastised repeatedly. They've lost a lot of posters due to this favoritism.

These rules only work if they're applied across the board to ALL posters, and soapcentral does not do that. In fact, a bunch of us left last year because of this very fact.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2011/12/28 06:35PM
    #8   2011/12/28 06:33PM
    Gotchagirl

Quote kathys clown: look like they trying to get a hold of things and make it a better place to post. glad they do that cause it is easy to get out of hand like this message board.

Good point!

#9   2011/12/28 06:40PM
    Gotchagirl

Quote Jemina: On the other hand, while their rules are great, the mods do have their favorites who can say and do anything, while the newbies are chastised repeatedly. They've lost a lot of posters due to this favoritism.

These rules only work if they're applied across the board to ALL posters, and soapcentral does not do that. In fact, a bunch of us left last year because of this very fact.

I still think that the level of nastiness here is not allowed over there the majority of the time and I feel that there is less direct poster bashing or twisting posts to start an argument on that board but everyone sees things differently

#10   2011/12/28 06:51PM
    Jemina

Quote Gotchagirl:
    Quote Jemina: On the other hand, while their rules are great, the mods do have their favorites who can say and do anything, while the newbies are chastised repeatedly. They've lost a lot of posters due to this favoritism. My point is that the grass is not always greener!

I still think that the level of nastiness here is not allowed over there the majority of the time and I feel that there is less direct poster bashing or twisting posts to start an argument on that board but everyone sees things differently

It's been a long time since I posted there. Things may have changed since then. I'm just saying why a bunch of us left, and it was due to favoritism by the mods. If the mod on was a Taylor fan, no Tayhate was allowed. If the mod on was a Brooke fan, no Brookcallouts allowed. If the poster was on the mods friend list, that poster could pretty much say and do whatever they wanted right down to baiting, and it was allowed. Could all be different now.

We do have control over our own responses though. We don't have to post in multiple threads on the same topic. Pick one and respond. We don't have to respond to posts that call Steffy, Steffho or Steffslut or Hopeho or Dope. We can only really control our side of things. If we respond to a quote that uses these slangs and putdowns, we can change the names to "Steffy", "Hope", "Brooke" etc. Nothing wrong with cleaning up smut imo.
    Some responsibility lies with each of us to keeping this place a civil place to post, too.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2011/12/28 06:52PM
    1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list