List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Bold and the Beautiful - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Bold and the Beautiful Forum :: Why Soaps are Going off the air

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why Soaps are Going off the air

Started by yrw1020 at 2011/10/01 05:41PM
    Latest post: 2011/10/02 06:25AM, Views: 1523, Replies: 8
    page:
    #1   2011/10/01 05:41PM
    Why Soaps are Going off the air
    yrw1020

The story lines on this show are so predictable you can drive a truck right through it. We live in a society where there are great movies with excellent plots and a lot of omg, I didn't see that coming. I use to watch Big Love on HBO every week because it kept me on my seat and always had an interesting twist to it. Soaps on the other hand are so predictable until it almost insults your intelligence. This whole Steffy/Bill/Hope/Liam situations is so redicilous. Now fan or not if Steffy was your friend, I know you would be saying, you have lost your everloving mind. You don't accept a proposal from someone who just received a break up call from someone else. Especially since this person is supposed to be so called family. And Taylor is not being the type of mom she should be, she should not allow her daughter to chase unavailable men the way she does. Taylor said to Brooke on Friday, oh yeah like you know about bounderies (or something like that) so deep down Taylor has resentment and in a way she is glad that Steffie is sticking it to the Logans but at what expense. No mother under any circumstances will allow their child to act that way. I know Steffie is a grown woman but sometimes you have to tell your children what's best whether they want to hear it or not and not say, well I support you and all the while knowing in your heart that this is way too soon and not even right.

I want to promote a topic where there is no deflection on any other characters while providing your thoughts but do you think it is truly something wrong with how Steffie can switch her emotions so intensly from one man to another? I am not bashing this character; however, this is so unrealistic, Taylor needs to be a mother, not a friend. And I know it would be easy to bring Brooke and Hope in this situation and that will be for another time and we can certainly dicuss them both respectfully. I just wanted to bring this up becuase I see alot of posts where people said the same lines about Steffy and Bill that they are now saying about Steffy and Liam and I do sometimes wonder if we are all watching the same soap. I found it disturbing the way Bill called her to come to the bachelor party and then gave directives, go take my son home and then in the car she kept at Liam so intensly and begged for a kiss. Then she cried and told Bill that she is going to leave Liam alone. Then in the next scene she is standing in Liam's house witnessing his phone conversation with Hope (the break up). I was thinking to myself, did you just tell Bill that you were going to leave Liam alone, now you are standing in the man's house. And finally, she tried to school Liam before Taylor arrived to Liam's house by saying, my mom is going to ask you did I take you away from Hope. Come on people, if Steffie was truly your friend and again we are only talking about Steffy, you truly would not be rooting for her and if you did you would be talking about her behind her back talking about what a fool she is. I don't want to see anyone like that and why did Taylor yet again go to FC looking for Ridge, isn't she about to dethrone him. Right is Right, I know theya are going to write this storyline as if Ridge is against Steffie and for Hope, but lets be honest Liam did belong to Hope first and Steffie did not let up on the man, she was intentional and intense.

#2   2011/10/01 05:50PM
    Re: Why Soaps are Going off the air
    Bigsilydog

I agree . I am sick of B@B.

#3   2011/10/01 05:55PM
    grandmarose

Quote yrw1020: The story lines on this show are so predictable you can drive a truck right through it. We live in a society where there are great movies with excellent plots and a lot of omg, I didn't see that coming. I use to watch Big Love on HBO every week because it kept me on my seat and always had an interesting twist to it. Soaps on the other hand are so predictable until it almost insults your intelligence. This whole Steffy/Bill/Hope/Liam situations is so redicilous. Now fan or not if Steffy was your friend, I know you would be saying, you have lost your everloving mind. You don't accept a proposal from someone who just received a break up call from someone else. Especially since this person is supposed to be so called family. And Taylor is not being the type of mom she should be, she should not allow her daughter to chase unavailable men the way she does. Taylor said to Brooke on Friday, oh yeah like you know about bounderies (or something like that) so deep down Taylor has resentment and in a way she is glad that Steffie is sticking it to the Logans but at what expense. No mother under any circumstances will allow their child to act that way. I know Steffie is a grown woman but sometimes you have to tell your children what's best whether they want to hear it or not and not say, well I support you and all the while knowing in your heart that this is way too soon and not even right.

I want to promote a topic where there is no deflection on any other characters while providing your thoughts but do you think it is truly something wrong with how Steffie can switch her emotions so intensly from one man to another? I am not bashing this character; however, this is so unrealistic, Taylor needs to be a mother, not a friend. And I know it would be easy to bring Brooke and Hope in this situation and that will be for another time and we can certainly dicuss them both respectfully. I just wanted to bring this up becuase I see alot of posts where people said the same lines about Steffy and Bill that they are now saying about Steffy and Liam and I do sometimes wonder if we are all watching the same soap. I found it disturbing the way Bill called her to come to the bachelor party and then gave directives, go take my son home and then in the car she kept at Liam so intensly and begged for a kiss. Then she cried and told Bill that she is going to leave Liam alone. Then in the next scene she is standing in Liam's house witnessing his phone conversation with Hope (the break up). I was thinking to myself, did you just tell Bill that you were going to leave Liam alone, now you are standing in the man's house. And finally, she tried to school Liam before Taylor arrived to Liam's house by saying, my mom is going to ask you did I take you away from Hope. Come on people, if Steffie was truly your friend and again we are only talking about Steffy, you truly would not be rooting for her and if you did you would be talking about her behind her back talking about what a fool she is. I don't want to see anyone like that and why did Taylor yet again go to FC looking for Ridge, isn't she about to dethrone him. Right is Right, I know theya are going to write this storyline as if Ridge is against Steffie and for Hope, but lets be honest Liam did belong to Hope first and Steffie did not let up on the man, she was intentional and intense.

Wow great observation

#4   2011/10/01 06:39PM
    posepose

There is only one character on this show that I would want to be friends with and that is Steffy. She is fiercely loyal and has unwavering strength and savvy. Look what she did when she saw her dad suffering at the hands of the HOgans. If Steffy loves you, you are in good hands. Anyone can come at her and she is solid and committed in her loyalty.

Last week watching the show with my husband, he said to me "I would want Steffy in my corner, there's a girl that's got your back". I agree

#5   2011/10/01 06:39PM
    Destinyforev...

Love this!! The problem with this crazy sl is that the writers dont take their time with the ones that need it and they drag out other ones, like all the paternity sl. If I was steffys friend I would tell her she has made herself believe she loves liam bc of her heart break over bill. And in not having bill she is pushing those feelings towards the next best thing. I get he saved her life but people dont instantly fall in love with the person who saved them. Now as her mother I would tell her I love her and want her to be happy but they need time. That there is no need to rush especially when a month ago you loved his father. But thats just me!!

#6   2011/10/01 07:05PM
    Gator77

Quote Destinyforever2505: Love this!! The problem with this crazy sl is that the writers dont take their time with the ones that need it and they drag out other ones, like all the paternity sl. If I was steffys friend I would tell her she has made herself believe she loves liam bc of her heart break over bill. And in not having bill she is pushing those feelings towards the next best thing. I get he saved her life but people dont instantly fall in love with the person who saved them. Now as her mother I would tell her I love her and want her to be happy but they need time. That there is no need to rush especially when a month ago you loved his father. But thats just me!!

You and the OP have some very good points! I agree!

#7   2011/10/01 07:24PM
    NewOrleansFan

Quote yrw1020: The story lines on this show are so predictable you can drive a truck right through it. We live in a society where there are great movies with excellent plots and a lot of omg, I didn't see that coming. I use to watch Big Love on HBO every week because it kept me on my seat and always had an interesting twist to it. Soaps on the other hand are so predictable until it almost insults your intelligence. This whole Steffy/Bill/Hope/Liam situations is so redicilous. Now fan or not if Steffy was your friend, I know you would be saying, you have lost your everloving mind. You don't accept a proposal from someone who just received a break up call from someone else. Especially since this person is supposed to be so called family. And Taylor is not being the type of mom she should be, she should not allow her daughter to chase unavailable men the way she does. Taylor said to Brooke on Friday, oh yeah like you know about bounderies (or something like that) so deep down Taylor has resentment and in a way she is glad that Steffie is sticking it to the Logans but at what expense. No mother under any circumstances will allow their child to act that way. I know Steffie is a grown woman but sometimes you have to tell your children what's best whether they want to hear it or not and not say, well I support you and all the while knowing in your heart that this is way too soon and not even right.

You know you are Bashing Taylor and her kids. In my opinion, Hope was not married to Liam so why not. By the way Brooke did worst and Ridge was married two different times.
    Taylor did what a mother should. She questioned Liam and she cautioned Liam and Steffy about being engaged. Whereas Brooke wants Taylor to have a meeting of minds against her daughter. LOL I don't agree with a lot that Steffy does but it is very iritating to read that it is ok for Brooke and have the same poster bash Taylor and her children.
    This particular soap does need some new writers if it wants to survive. Viewers are too savvy to fall for some of the same old storylines of yester year. Instead of personal conflicts, there needs to be some business conflicts and maybe some political drama. Taylor doesn't need to have a man in her life. In Today's world there are women who have a life without a husband. Why can't she be a character patterned after Ivana Trump? Taylor could bring new characters to the show. Some mysterious; some funny. Brooke and Ridge can be happy while their children are in lots of drama. the conflict with Hope and Steffy happens in real life, but the love triangle between Steffy, Hope and Liam happened too fast. RJ should be introduced to the viewers slowly not thrown in our face like Hope. Why not show RJ going to school or playing with a friend because if I am not mistaken RJ and Hope were close enough in age to have been play mates. Not a lot of viewing time but let us see RJ before he is running a fashion show right out of high school. How about a drug problem or may be he could be Bill Gates type and he could get in trouble hacking. Writers don't' realize that the viewer have a hard time connecting to a character when the character just shows up and takes on a big role.
    I love Bill and Steffy together. If the writers do this right it could be the next BIG soap couple like Luke and Laura (GH) in the 80's. I read that Ron Moss didn't like the s/l so that is when the story did a complete 180 and joined Steffy, Hope and Liam. Not my favorite story.
    I have to say that I did like Brooke today. She has always bullied Taylor. She is enjoyable to watch when she is not with Ridge.
    The s/l with Thorne and Taylor is boring and predictable. I hope they don't end up married. Thorne and Taylor are both victims on The BnB and this can only end with one of them or both getting hurt. Hope not, but I see the same old s/l coming up.
    I agree the writers need to be more creative and remember the viewers are more savvy than in years past.

#8   2011/10/02 06:20AM
    Gator77

Quote NewOrleansFan:

You know you are Bashing Taylor and her kids. In my opinion, Hope was not married to Liam so why not. By the way Brooke did worst and Ridge was married two different times.
    Taylor did what a mother should. She questioned Liam and she cautioned Liam and Steffy about being engaged. Whereas Brooke wants Taylor to have a meeting of minds against her daughter. LOL I don't agree with a lot that Steffy does but it is very iritating to read that it is ok for Brooke and have the same poster bash Taylor and her children.
    This particular soap does need some new writers if it wants to survive. Viewers are too savvy to fall for some of the same old storylines of yester year. Instead of personal conflicts, there needs to be some business conflicts and maybe some political drama. Taylor doesn't need to have a man in her life. In Today's world there are women who have a life without a husband. Why can't she be a character patterned after Ivana Trump? Taylor could bring new characters to the show. Some mysterious; some funny. Brooke and Ridge can be happy while their children are in lots of drama. the conflict with Hope and Steffy happens in real life, but the love triangle between Steffy, Hope and Liam happened too fast. RJ should be introduced to the viewers slowly not thrown in our face like Hope. Why not show RJ going to school or playing with a friend because if I am not mistaken RJ and Hope were close enough in age to have been play mates. Not a lot of viewing time but let us see RJ before he is running a fashion show right out of high school. How about a drug problem or may be he could be Bill Gates type and he could get in trouble hacking. Writers don't' realize that the viewer have a hard time connecting to a character when the character just shows up and takes on a big role.
    I love Bill and Steffy together. If the writers do this right it could be the next BIG soap couple like Luke and Laura (GH) in the 80's. I read that Ron Moss didn't like the s/l so that is when the story did a complete 180 and joined Steffy, Hope and Liam. Not my favorite story.
    I have to say that I did like Brooke today. She has always bullied Taylor. She is enjoyable to watch when she is not with Ridge.
    The s/l with Thorne and Taylor is boring and predictable. I hope they don't end up married. Thorne and Taylor are both victims on The BnB and this can only end with one of them or both getting hurt. Hope not, but I see the same old s/l coming up.
    I agree the writers need to be more creative and remember the viewers are more savvy than in years past.

It is ok to bash Taylor and her kids!!! That is not against the board rules!
    I agree with the OP! She thought about the SL very thoroughly and made a great observation, about why she thinks Soaps are being cancelled!

Off topic,(A little) but I am wondering if the AMC fans saw that ending coming ahead of time? Or if it was spoiled that JR was going to shoot someone?? Does anybody know or did anybody watch AMC? I only watched the last episode, and I had no idea that AMC would have a cliffhanger on the last episode of televised viewing?????(they will be moving to the internet)

Moving back to B&B... I don't think any of us really know what is going to happen in Aspen, per the tragedy that keeps being talked about? We can all assume, but none of us really even know if the wedding even happens...? Remember the spoiler about mass hysteria among the Forrester's for the wedding preparations,,, THAT never happened either???
    So I am a little bit anxious and excited to watch the upcoming episodes...We really do not know what is going to happen and Brad Bell is still trying to come up with some Emmy material for the next Emmy....Something BIG is coming.. That much I do know! So, I will def. stay tuned....The show has been very exciting IMO, although also very unrealistic! Nobody would do these things, in real life! Some of this stuff is downright funny! IMHO

#9   2011/10/02 06:25AM
    msbrick

Hello, I started the topic "writers". please read some of my comments there. I agree with the author of this topic. CBS needs to remove all of there soaps. The writers have gone or wiery in there well doings. I guess, they feel this is what we want to see. Not every home. I's sick of B/B too. So with that, until some things change on all these characters appearing like looneies, I'll tape something else to watch when I come in from work. It's been a long trying day dealing with drama in the office. You watch TV for comfort and have mercy it's like living all over again. Yes the character Taylor has no morals. In real life my daughter is 33 and every now and then when I see her heading down the road, as a mother, I mention some things,not to hassle but to juggled her mind...adult to adult. This is out of control.

The Bells have extended their stay and their writing team apparently has grown tired. Let's boycott!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list