List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Bold and the Beautiful - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Bold and the Beautiful Forum :: Anyone remember CECILE DePOULIGNAC - Another World

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Anyone remember CECILE DePOULIGNAC - Another World

Started by evenunley at 2010/06/26 10:51AM
    Latest post: 2010/06/28 09:29PM, Views: 1494, Replies: 5
    page:
    #1   2010/06/26 10:51AM
    Anyone remember CECILE DePOULIGNAC - Another World
    evenunley

I started this thread because of a comment Ladiesfan posted on another thread I had about Brooke and Bridget's pitiful talk on Friday.

Ladiesfan mentioned the endless possibilities that could have occurred between mother and daughter after the whole Brooke and Deacon fiasco.

I have often thought of CECILE DePOULIGNAC in the past years in watching Bridget's relationship with Brooke. It wasn't just Deacon. It was Nick too!

When Cecile was introduced on Another World she was the sweetest, virginal, most unspoiled character I had ever seen.

She fell in love and got engaged to Cass Winthrop who was secretly having an affair with Felicia Gallant. They were out to rob her blind.

She overheard them discussing their plans one day and she completely fell apart. Fortunately the writers knew what to do with her character and how to portray that all too vulnerable side of human nature.

From that moment CECILE DePOULIGNAC became one of the most complicated and ruthless characters ever to hit daytime. Fool me once shame on me...that was all it took for her. She was tour de force.

Like Ladiesfan, I often wonder why they didn't explore such a side with Bridget. Bridget/Brooke. Bridget/Hope. These relationships alone could have given us drama and character depth for many years to come.

Besides, it really is just a matter of human nature. Maybe a daughter could forgive her mother once for sexing her husband and having his baby (yeah, not likely but just for the sake of argument here) but twice? No one is that damn saintly!

Ladiesfan, let's hope they explore this line of thinking with the second daughter.

Of course with that much betrayal and anger they may have to extend the show to one hour. I could work with that though. Could you?

#2   2010/06/26 01:35PM
    Re: Anyone remember CECILE DePOULIGNAC - Another World
    edge of night

Yes i do remember Celice of Another World i mourn the show so much after its passing i am a avid reading of a FANFIC that i eargly await twice a week. Once Cecile went bad so many people paid Jamie, Sandy Blaine who she almost drove crazy with that sea biscuit picture. ......Don't think Bridget can pull that off

#3   2010/06/26 03:46PM
    evenunley

I hated to see the demise of that show. A real travesty.

Bridget may not be able to pull it off unless they changed the actress. They did that with Cecile.

There is hope for Hope though. You think?

#4   2010/06/26 05:09PM
    mille

Yes I remember Cecile, She tried to marry Donna Love's brother even after he fainted at the alter she went to the hospital and tried to marry him too, and let's no forget about another one of her men Mack Cory's son Sandy!

#5   2010/06/26 05:11PM
    Kat232

Yup I remember her well, lol. I loved AW but I was devastated when they killed Ryan off and paired Vicky with Jake, it was never the same for me, lol

#6   2010/06/28 09:29PM
    denisefan

Loved Cecile and AW even more.... B&B has no class compared to this soap.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list