recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Democratic no bash part 2

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Democratic no bash part 2

Started by cats meow at 2009/01/29 02:32PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/19 05:32PM, Views: 620770, Replies: 6846
    « 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 » »| page:
    #6781   2013/01/15 06:55PM
    Re: Democratic no bash part 2
    OspreyGirl

OMG...I couldn't even make this up if I tried...wow, these fools are batshyt crazy!

The owner of a Utah smoothie shop is trying to teach liberal customers a lesson by charging them extra and donating their money to conservative organizations like the Heritage Foundation.

“I’m very open about it, very public about it, that I’m going to charge them a little bit more, and I have liberals come in and pay the extra dollar surcharge,” I Love Drilling Juice & Smoothie Bar owner George Burnett told KSL.

Under Burnett’s pricing structure, conservatives pay $4.95 and liberals pay $5.95 for smoothies.

“Really what I’m focused on is the fiscal differences between big government/small government and liberal ways, as far as entitlements and spending,” he explained. “We have a fiscal problem in this country. We’ve got to deal with it or we don’t have a country, so to kind of help make that point, just a little bit, I charge (liberals) just a little bit more.”

Burnett made news in 2011 when he was seen standing outside of his Covers and Camo seat cover business in Vernal holding a sign that read, “Honk! If You [heart] Drilling.”

“I believe that we need to be drilling to get our own energy sources,” he insisted to KSL at the time. “In fact, I’m as bold as to say, ‘You love drilling whether you know it or not.’ When you’re filling up at that gas tank, you oughta be saying: ‘I love drilling. I sure beats walking.’”

The entrepreneur now runs a website selling “I [heart] Drilling!” T-shirts, bumper stickers, seat covers, hats and and a coloring book for children.

OH one more thing---Utah will receive 27% of its 2013 budget from the federal government. You don't like big government? Stop taking federal funds and sustain yourselves, fricking idiots!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/15 06:57PM
    #6782   2013/01/16 09:01PM
    simplyirresi...

Quote OspreyGirl: WOW...so shocked, but as it seems, even Colin Powell agrees that the right wing nuttery foaming at the mouth racist ways is present....hmmm, so much for those 'Liburulls' using a 'race card' all the time...

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell, who is a Republican, is lashing out at a “dark vein of intolerance” in his own party, which he says is being created by people like former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and former New Hampshire Gov. John Sununu who use racial code words and “slave terms” to attack President Barack Obama.

During a Sunday interview, NBC’s David Gregory asked Powell why he continued to consider himself a Republican after supporting Obama and taking moderate policy positions.

“I think the Republican Party right now is having an identity problem, and I am still a Republican,” Powell explained. “In recent years, there has been a significant shift to the right and we have seen what that shift has produced: two losing presidential campaigns.”

“When we see that in one more generation that the minorities of America — African Americans, Hispanic Americans and Asian Americans — will be the majority of the country, you can’t go around saying, ‘We don’t want to have a solid immigration policy, we’re going to dismiss the 47 percent, we are going to make it hard for the minorities to vote,’ as they did in the last election.”

“There is also a dark vein of intolerance in some parts of the party,” he continued. “They still sort of look down on minorities. How can I evidence that? When I see [Palin] saying that the president is ‘shucking and jiving,’ that’s a racial-era slave term. When I see [Sununu] after the president’s first debate, where he didn’t do very well, says that the president was ‘lazy’ — he didn’t say he was slow, he was tired, he didn’t do well — he said he was lazy. Now, it may not mean anything to most Americans, but to those of use who are African Americans, the second word is ‘shiftless’ and there’s a third word that goes along with it.”

Powell went on to slam Republicans for “the whole birther movement.”

“Why do senior Republican leaders tolerate this kind of discussion within the party?” he wondered. “I think the party has to take a look at itself. It has to take a look at it’s responsibilities for health care, it has to take a look at immigration, it has to take a look at those less fortunate than us.”

You know I am actually starting to enjoy the idiotic wing nuts. They have become a morbid facination for me. I really enjoy going in to work and make up a rumor about Obama being for some certain subject. Within an hour the wingnuts have posted all over FB and b!tched about it to everyone they see. The made up rumor has spread like wildfire and they all changed their opinions just so they could say Obama was wrong.THEN...([i]I love this part) at the end of the day I tell them all SIKE! Makes me ROTFLMAO when they see how ignorant they have acted all day by changing their true views just to contradict our PRESIDENT. Proves once again that if Obama came out in favor or air the wing nuts would stop breathing.

#6783   2013/01/17 09:29PM
    OspreyGirl

President Obama has signed 23 executive orders designed to address the problem of gun violence in America. The following are the items addressed:

Gun Violence Reduction Executive Actions:

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make itwidely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effectiveuse of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to developinnovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

#6784   2013/01/17 09:33PM
    OspreyGirl

The initiative to reduce gun violence announced by President Obama on Wednesday includes both legislative proposals that would need to be acted on by Congress and executive actions he can do on his own. Many of the executive actions involve the president directing agencies to do a better job of sharing information.

Proposed Congressional Actions

1. Requiring criminal background checks for all gun sales, including those by private sellers that currently are exempt.

2. Reinstating and strengthening the ban on assault weapons that was in place from 1994 to 2004.

3. Limiting ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.

4. Banning the possession of armor-piercing bullets by anyone other than members of the military and law enforcement.

5. Increasing criminal penalties for "straw purchasers," people who pass the required background check to buy a gun on behalf of someone else.

6. Acting on a $4 billion administration proposal to help keep 15,000 police officers on the street.

7. Confirming President Obama's nominee for director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

8. Eliminating a restriction that requires the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to allow the importation of weapons that are more than 50 years old.

9. Financing programs to train more police officers, first responders and school officials on how to respond to active armed attacks.

10. Provide additional $20 million to help expand the a system that tracks violent deaths across the nation from 18 states to 50 states.

11. Providing $30 million in grants to states to help schools develop emergency response plans.

12. Providing financing to expand mental health programs for young people.

#6785   2013/01/18 10:01PM
    OspreyGirl

During the last segment of Bill Maher’s show on Friday, he criticized both gun owners and liberals who appeared not to care that the majority of our civil liberties have been compromised as they duke it out over gun control.

“New rule: someone has to tell America’s gun nuts to stop wetting their army surplus pants about losing the Second Amendment. It’s not your Second Amendment rights that are under attack — it’s all the other ones,” he began.

He went on to say that last month, the Senate voted to reauthorize a program that can “collect data on any American citizen and hold onto it forever. They can look at your emails, your texts, your Skypes, and not a peep out the crowd that’s always bitching about what the framers intended. In fact, the answer from almost everyone seems to be, ‘Oh what the hell, the airport screeners have already seen my ass anyway.’”

“Call me old school, but I don’t want the feds googling what I’m googling. It’s bad enough when Netflix pries into my private life. ‘You watched the Walking Dead and Zombieland. You might also like this interview with John McCain.’”

“Doesn’t anyone care that this is the new normal? I guess not, because gun nuts don’t care and neither do liberals,” he said, reminding liberals that they accused Bush of “wiping his ass with the constitution” for the warrantless wiretapping program but seem to have no problem’s with Obama doing the same thing.

“The only thing that still has bipartisan support in Washington is not giving a sh!t about privacy,” he said.

He also said that while gun owners feel that guns protect them more than laws or courts. “They think that’s what prevents the government from going too far. Without guns, Obama would become an emperor and force everyone to gay marry, but he can’t because a guy in Kentucky named Skeeter has a .22.”

But while they were buying guns, “that’s when we lost all the stuff in the Bill of Rights, about trials and juries and warrants” and that there is “nothing left for the guns to protect.”

#6786   2013/01/19 06:58AM
    OspreyGirl

Happy Birthday, First Lady Michelle Obama!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYT68Uii1dk&feature=player_embedded

Love the new 'do!

#6787   2013/01/19 10:37AM
    OspreyGirl

Watch President Obama talk about his upcoming inauguration, then share the video with your friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bIIpPxBhYec

OUR PEOPLE!

OUR FUTURE!

The theme of the next Inauguration....

For the swearing in, the President will be using the Bibles of both President Lincoln and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

#6788   2013/01/19 02:01PM
    OspreyGirl

Fox News ignored its own role in perpetuating conspiracy theories about President Obama during a segment about Americans who think President Obama is hiding something -- even while engaging in the same behavior during the segment.

On the January 18 edition of Fox News' America Live, host Megyn Kelly featured a Fairleigh Dickinson University poll finding that 63 percent of Americans believe in at least one political conspiracy theory, and 36 percent think that President Obama is hiding information about his background. Kelly pondered what such a result says "about our faith in government, not to mention the media."

But Fox has been a leading player in promoting baseless conspiracy theories about Obama:

-Fox hosts falsely claimed that Obama was educated in a Muslim madrassa.

-Fox has repeatedly insinuated that Obama is a Mulsim.

-Fox has regularly provided Donald Trump with a platform to question the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate.

-Fox hosts and guests have also pushed birther conspiracies.

If you watch Fox News you'll believe just about anything. And in all likelihood, the reason why you watch Fox News is to hear about some new "revelation" that justifies your hatred for the President. If you wake up on a daily basis needing to have your worst instincts fed then you're a person with serious emotional problems, or a Fox News watcher.

#6789   2013/01/20 05:10AM
    OspreyGirl

4 MORE YEARS!!!

Congratulations, Mr. President!

Formally embarking on his second term, President Barack Obama will take the oath of office Sunday surrounded by family in an intimate inauguration at the White House, 24 hours before re-enacting the ceremony before an excited crowd of hundreds of thousands outdoors at the Capitol.

The subdued swearing-in is a function of the calendar and the Constitution, which says presidents automatically begin their new terms at noon on Jan. 20. Because that date fell this year on a Sunday – a day on which inaugural ceremonies historically are not held – organizers scheduled a second, public swearing-in for Monday.

A crowd of up to 800,000 people is expected to gather on the National Mall to witness that event, which will take place on the Capitol's red, white and blue bunting-draped west front. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, who famously flubbed the oath of office that Obama took in 2009, will swear the president in both days.

Vice President Joe Biden will also be sworn in Sunday in a small, early morning ceremony at the Naval Observatory, his official residence. Justice Sonia Sotomayor, who was appointed by Obama during his first term, will administer the oath of office to the vice president.

Once the celebrations are over, Obama will plunge into a second-term agenda still dominated by the economy, which slowly churned out of recession during his first four years in office. The president will also seek to cement his legacy with sweeping domestic changes, pledging to achieve both an immigration overhaul and stricter gun laws despite opposition from a divided Congress.

But for one weekend at least, Washington was putting politics aside. Obama called the nation's inaugural traditions "a symbol of how our democracy works and how we peacefully transfer power."

"But it should also be an affirmation that we're all in this together," he said Saturday, as he opened a weekend of inaugural activities at a Washington elementary school.

Only a small group of family members is expected to attend Obama's Sunday swearing-in, including first lady Michelle Obama and daughters Malia and Sasha. A small group of reporters will also be in the room to witness the event.

Roberts will administer the oath of office shortly before noon in the White House Blue Room, an oval space with majestic views of the South Lawn and the Washington Monument. Named for the color of the drapes, upholstery and carpet, the Blue Room is not typically used for ceremonies and instead has primarily been a reception room as well as the site of the only presidential wedding held in the White House, between then-President Grover Cleveland and Frances Folsum in 1886.

Later Sunday, Obama and Biden will speak at an inaugural reception attended by supporters.

Enjoy the Inauguration parties everyone!!!

#6790   2013/01/20 11:07AM
    OspreyGirl

CONGRATULATIONS, MR. PRESIDENT!!!!

Here's a clip of the private swearing in today:

video.msnbc.msn.com/nbc-news/50526530/

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

« 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list