recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Post all Recipes here.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Post all Recipes here.

Started by mamabing15 at 2009/01/18 10:05PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/19 03:55AM, Views: 246831, Replies: 1677
    « 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 page:
    #1671   2012/12/09 01:10PM
    Re: Post all Recipes here.
    januaryrose

I haven't been in the lounge in like forever and I use to post and get good ideas for recipes. I have a couple that I need to put on here.
    I hope everyone is getting ready for the upcomming Christmas season.
    I'll be back tomorrow or the next day with a couple of dishes I like.

#1672   2013/01/02 08:21AM
    PinkSplash

So glad I started browsing the recipes here the other afternoon. There are some great sounding dishes posted and I've saved many of them and I've only read thru page 32! Can't wait to try some of them and will be sharing some of my own.

I was very sad to read Mamabing is no longer with us; she sounded like a grand lady! And, she posted some amazing recipes.

#1673   2013/03/07 11:24AM
    Honey Chipolte Pork Loin
    ginger1502

This one is really yummy!

1 cup honey-Dijon mustard
    2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    1/2 cup fresh lime juice
    2 to 3 tablespoons canned chipolte peppers in adobo sauce, minced (keep seeds in if you like it hot!)
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    2 (3/4-pound) pork tenderloins $
    1/4 cup water
    1/4 cup chopped honey-roasted peanuts
    Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro
    Preparation

Stir together first 8 ingredients; remove and reserve 1 cup honey-Dijon mustard mixture.
    Place pork in a large shallow dish or zip-top plastic bag; pour remaining honey-Dijon mustard mixture over pork. Cover or seal, and chill, turning occasionally, 2 hours.
    Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade.
    Grill pork, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 8 to 9 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 150°. Remove from grill, and let stand 10 minutes. Cut pork into slices.
    Bring reserved mustard mixture and 1/4 cup water to a boil in a saucepan; reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes. Serve with sauce and peanuts. Garnish, if desired.

#1674   2013/08/26 08:41PM
    HOT PINK

Haven't posted in The Lounge in a while. Thought I'd bring mamabing's thread forward for posters who may not remember what a delightful person and great cook she was. She posted dozens and dozens of her recipes on this thread. Hope you will enjoy perusing the thread and reading mamabing's wonderful recipes. In the meantime, here's is a recipe my son and I really like:

Hamburger Casserole[/b

2 lbs lean ground beef
    1 clove minced garlic
    1 16 oz pkg egg noodles (I use no egg/cholesterol free)
    1 16 oz. carton light sour cream
    1 16 oz. carton light cottage cheese
    2 bunches Spring (green) onions, sliced
    3 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
    salt and pepper to taste (I freshly ground black pepper)

Brown hamburger until cooked thoroughly. Add garlic and cook for a couple minutes. In the meantime, in a Dutch oven, cook egg noodles in salted boiling water (according to package directions). I usually cook the noodles for about eight or nine minutes since they will continue cooking in the oven. Drain well and return noodles to the Dutch oven. Add the sour cream, cottage cheese, hamburger meat and Spring onions to the noodles and stir well. Salt and pepper (to taste), then add the shredded cheese, saving about 1/2 cup or so to sprinkle on top of the casserole. For the top of the casserole, add 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs to the reserved cheese along with a little freshly ground black pepper. Bake in at 375 degrees for about 30 to 35 minutes (or until the top of the casserole is a nice golden brown).

A salad or steamed broccoli are good side dishes to serve with this casserole.

#1675   2013/08/28 02:51PM
    calliope

Wow! I haven't seen this thread in a long, long time! Welcome back recipes!

#1676   2013/08/29 11:35AM
    Milkshake24

The very best Salad Dressing with two delicious salad options! All salad lovers must try this ASAP!

The dressing: Ingredients needed are Avocado Oil, Aged Balsamic Vinegar, Garlic, Salt and Capers(optional)

Mix a quarter of a cup of Avocado oil with 3 tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar with a pinch of salt and 1 minced clove of garlic. I like to chop up a few capers and toss them in as well. Give this mixture a good shake and refrigerate.

Salad option 1: Ingredients needed are Large Shrimp ( About 8 per serving)Shell and devein your shrimp, Baby Spinach, Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, Avocado Oil and Balsamic Vinegar.

In a pan heat the Avocado Oil and Balsamic Vinegar on medium heat and toss in your thawed shrimp ( I like to butterfly mine) Cook until shrimp turn pink 3-5 minutes depending on size. Remove from heat and refrigerate over night. When ready to serve toss your shrimp with the baby spinach,cherry tomato halves and dressing. You can substitute shrimp with fresh Salmon or you can replace the seafood altogether with sliced fresh mushrooms if you or a guest have allergies.

Salad option 2: Ingredients needed are Fresh Basil, Buffalo Mozzarella ball, Cherry or grape tomatoes and Seasoned Croutons ( I like to make my own)

This is a twist on a Caprese salad, Cut your Mozerella in cubes and your tomatoes in halves and toss with Croutons and dressing. Toss on fresh Basil and enjoy!

One day I saw Avocado Oil in my local Grocery store and just had to buy it and started experimenting, I tried using Olive oil once for this dressing but it was not the same. The avocado is a different texture and really highlights the flavors. I especially enjoy this after a long hard day of work and enjoy a glass of campaign with it.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/29 11:39AM
    #1677   2013/09/18 09:10PM
    HOT PINK

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

1/2 cup melted butter
    1/4 cup canola oil
    1 egg
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 brown sugar (I use Splenda Brown Sugar), firmly packed
    1/4 cup regular sugar
    2 cups self rising flour
    3 large ripe bananas. mashed
    1 six ounce bag of chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 12 count muffin tin with cooking spray**. Whisk flour and sugars together in a large bowl. Add melted butter, canola oil, egg, vanilla and mashed bananas and stir with a whisk until batter is thick and well-blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, divide batter equally into muffin tins and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.

**Sometimes, if I want a buttery taste to the muffins, I'll grease the muffin tin with butter instead of using cooking spray. I know, I'm bad...

#1678   2013/09/19 03:55AM
    calliope

Quote HOT PINK: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

1/2 cup melted butter
    1/4 cup canola oil
    1 egg
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 brown sugar (I use Splenda Brown Sugar), firmly packed
    1/4 cup regular sugar
    2 cups self rising flour
    3 large ripe bananas. mashed
    1 six ounce bag of chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 12 count muffin tin with cooking spray**. Whisk flour and sugars together in a large bowl. Add melted butter, canola oil, egg, vanilla and mashed bananas and stir with a whisk until batter is thick and well-blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, divide batter equally into muffin tins and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.

**Sometimes, if I want a buttery taste to the muffins, I'll grease the muffin tin with butter instead of using cooking spray. I know, I'm bad...

I can use this! My bananas magically ripen as soon as I get them home.

« 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list