recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Post all Recipes here.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Post all Recipes here.

Started by mamabing15 at 2009/01/18 10:05PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/19 03:55AM, Views: 251350, Replies: 1677
    « 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 » »| page:
    #1661   2012/10/08 11:34AM
    Re: Post all Recipes here.
    ginger1502

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for letting me know. I found where she stopped posting around page 50 or so... Your orange dream fudge sounds yummy! I make jello shots for the parents on holloween and am going to try orange jello with 1 cup boiling water, 1 cup vanilla vodka. I've been told they taste like dreamsicles too!

#1662   2012/10/08 11:39AM
    ginger1502

Having this tonight.

Grilled Flank with Onions and Peppers 3 - 4 servings

Steak
    1 - 1.5 lb Flank
    Marinate in Juice of 3 limes
    2-3 chopped green onions
    3 cloves garlic minced
    3 T chopped cilantro
    Marinate as long as you can up to overnight

Vegetables
    1 large onion
    2 peppers (I used 1 orange and 1 red)
    1 T olive oil
    Salt, pepper and seasonings

Heat the grill

Slice the onion in thin strips and toss with oil and seasonings to coat evenly. If you don't have a grill basket it's easier to just quarter the veggies, grill and slice afterward. Grill steak 4-6 min a side, slice in strips across the grain and serve with the veggies on the side. Yummy in tortillas with salsa, etc... I also wrap it in butter lettuce and add a little salsa!

#1663   2012/10/08 12:06PM
    lynnw

I bet that flank steak will be good ginger. I'll put that on my grocery list when I get up. I need new ideas for dinner.

mamarock, I tried the fried apples and they were yummy. Definitely a keeper recipe.

#1664   2012/10/08 12:56PM
    ginger1502

With the colder weather moving in, (I live in CO) this is nice comfort food!

Yummy Chicken Pot Pie

6 cups roasted, shredded rotisserie chicken
    1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    2 medium onions, chopped
    3 small stalks celery, cut crosswise 1/4-inch thick
    2 cups chicken broth
    1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
    1/3 cup butter
    9 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/4 cup dry sherry or white wine
    Salt and ground pepper
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
    1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, not thawed

1.Adjust oven rack to low-center position; heat oven to 400. If using whole rotisserie chickens, separate meat from skin and bones, and tear into bite-size pieces. Discard skin and bones. Then remove pie dough from its box and follow directions for bringing to room temperature.
    2.Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions and celery; saute until just tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl along with the chicken; set aside.
    3.Meanwhile, microwave chicken broth and milk in a microwave-safe bowl until steamy, 3 to 4 minutes. Heat butter over medium heat in the empty pan. When foaming subsides, whisk in flour and thyme; cook until golden, about 1 minute. Whisk in hot milk mixture. Bring to simmer, then continue to simmer until sauce fully thickens, about 1 minute. Turn off heat, stir in sherry or wine, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
    4.Stir chicken mixture, parsley and the peas and carrots into the sauce. Divide mixture between two 9-inch deep-dish pie plates. Top each with pie dough, and flute crust by pinching with your fingers. Set on a baking sheet and bake until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes. (Optional: Wrap second potpie in freezer wrap and freeze for a later meal. Remove wrapping, place potpie on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees until golden and bubbly, about 1 hour.)
    Because it's only my husband and I, I make this up and use pastry shells instead of a whole pie. It freezes really well!

#1665   2012/10/29 09:58PM
    HOT PINK

Quote ginger1502: Hot Pink: I just started reading this thread and got to page 40 before posting a couple of recipes. Has mommabing died? Loved reading her posts and have printed out many of her recipes. I'll read more tomorrow and will post some of my recipes as well.

Hi, ginger1502 - We lost mamabing on May 17, 2009, and I can't believe it has been that long. As I posted earlier, her husband sent me her collection of recipes, and I will start going through them again now that I'm settled from moving a few weeks ago. She was a fabulous cook and I've enjoyed her recipes as well. The recipes you've posted sound good and I'm going to try the Jamaican Jerk Chicken soon. I'll post more of mamabing's recipes one day soon.

#1666   2012/10/31 10:58AM
    ginger1502

Hi Hot Pink,

Thanks for the post. Mamabing certainly could have written a cookbook! She really didn't have much time left when she began this thread. Was it expected? Hoping you all have a safe and fun Halloween!

#1667   2012/10/31 11:00AM
    ginger1502

Balsamic Glazed Chicken 2 servings

2 6oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 clove garlic, minced
    2 T rosemary (fresh is always best!)
    1 T olive oil
    1 med red onion, sliced
    1/8 c balsamic vinegar
    1/8 c of white wine or chicken broth
    3 c steamed broccoli or 4 c greens
    salt and pepper to taste

Pat the chicken dry. Combine the garlic, rosemary, pepper and salt with oil and rub the mixture all over the chicken. Place in a baggie and let sit at least 3 hours or overnight. Preheat to 350. Place the onion slices on the bottom of a small roasting pan. Place chicken on top of the onions. Pour broth or wine over the chicken and rub all over with the vinegar. Roast in oven for 45 min depending on the size or until done. Serve with broccoli or slice chicken and place over greens. I used the left over vinegar sauce from the chicken as the dressing for the salad.

#1668   2012/11/16 12:07PM
    Yummy Appitizer
    ginger1502

Sun Dried Tomatoes
    Take cherry tomatoes cut in half and seeded or Roma cut in quarters. Toss in 1 + T balsamic vinegar and 1 + T olive oil. Line a cookie sheet with foil and place tomatoes cut side up. Roast in oven at 200 for 5-6 hours. Let cool and place in jar with more olive oil. Refrigerate.

Goat cheese with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Basil
    1 log goat cheese
    20 + sun dried tomatoes
    Basil leaves
    Chopped pistachios

Fill a pitcher or bowl with very hot water. Using a sharp knife, soak it in the hot water for one min. Cut the cheese lengthwise. Dip again in hot water and cut each half into 10+ (I like mine on the small side) half disks dipping the knife in water before each cut. Roll into balls and roll in the chopped pistachios. Cover each ball with one sun dried tomato and one basil leaf. Skewer with a toothpick

#1669   2012/11/16 12:13PM
    Coastie

KALE CHIPSCrispy, crunchy, nutritious, and low carbs!

1 bunch kale
    1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
    1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
    1 pinch sea salt, to taste

Directions:
    Preheat an oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
    Cut away inner ribs from each kale leaf and discard; tear the leaves into pieces of uniform size. (I made my pieces about the size of a small potato chip.) Wash torn kale pieces and spin dry in a salad spinner or dry with paper towels until they're very dry.
    Put the kale pieces into a large resealable bag (or use a bowl if you don't mind getting your hands oily). Add about half the olive oil; seal and squeeze the bag so the oil gets distributed evenly on the kale pieces. Add the remaining oil and squeeze the bag more, until all kale pieces are evenly coated with oil and slightly 'massaged.' Sprinkle the vinegar over the kale leaves, reseal the bag, and shake to spread the vinegar evenly over the leaves. Spread the leaves evenly onto a baking sheet.
    Roast in the preheated oven until mostly crisp, about 35 minutes. Season with salt and serve immediately.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2012/11/16 12:20PM
    #1670   2012/11/27 01:43PM
    ginger1502

Hi Coastie,

Love kale chips! Also try spraying some Pam on fresh baby spinich leaves with a little salt and roast in a 350 oven for about 10-15 min. My favorite!

« 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list