recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Post all Recipes here.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Post all Recipes here.

Started by mamabing15 at 2009/01/18 10:05PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/19 03:55AM, Views: 246969, Replies: 1677
    « 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 » »| page:
    #1641   2011/12/13 07:10PM
    Re: Post all Recipes here.
    IngaOlaf

I like to get old recipe boxes at estate sales, especially when the recipes are still in them.

Here's a recipe card I found in one of them...corny, I know!

Honeymoon Salad:

Lettuce alone.

#1642   2012/01/08 06:54AM
    lynnw

Moving this thread back up front.

Crescent Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients:

8 oz. can of crescent rolls (I used reduced fat)
    8-10 slices of bacon, fried and crumbled OR your choice of breakfast meat (ham, sausage, etc.)
    6-8 eggs, beaten
    2 cups shredded cheese (jack, cheddar, colby – whatever you have on hand)
    2-3 tbsp milk
    salt and pepper, to taste
    cooking spray

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a 13 x 9 or 11 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray (use 6ish eggs if you’re using the 11 x 9 and 8ish if you’re using the 13 x 9).

Line the prepared baking dish with unrolled crescent roll dough, letting it come up the sides a bit. Press together seams.

Layer the crumbled bacon and cheese over the crescent dough. Beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper and pour over bacon and cheese.

Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the center is set. Let cool for a few minutes and then cut into squares and serve.

#1643   2012/01/14 11:06PM
    HOT PINK

One of my favorite recipes is my:

Apple Strudel

1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls
    3 to 4 large Granny Smith apples, sliced
    3/4 cup sugar
    1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/4 cup flour
    Pinch of salt
    Juice of 1/2 lemon

2 cups confectioner's sugar
    1 tbs. softened butter
    1/2 tsp. vanilla
    half and half

In large bowl mix apples, sugar, ground cinnamon, dash of salt, lemon juice and flour. Let apples sit for a few minutes, then put into large skillet and cook over medium heat for five to six minutes. Let cool slightly.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove crescent dough from can and press onto ungreased baking sheet until it is a nice, long square. Place apples down the middle of the dough, then fold sides of dough over the apples. Do not let edges of dough touch. Bake until pastry is golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool slightly.

While strudel is cooling, mix confectioner's sugar, softened butter, vanilla and enough half and half to form a nice glaze. Drizzle over slightly warm strudel and serve immediately.

Great with a nice, cup of coffee.

If you'd like an apple cream cheese strudel, soften eight ounces of cream cheese and spread down the middle of the crescent dough before adding the apples. If you want your cream cheese a little sweet, add one or two tablespoons of confectioner's sugar and stir well. (But, I prefer it without any sugar.)

#1644   2012/02/11 08:04PM
    HOT PINK

I started baking this my Valentine and/or George Washington Cherry Cake when I was in high school and always made it from scratch. But, these days, to save time and make it easier, I use a box of white cake mix as the base for my cake.

Cake:
    1 box DUNCAN HINES white cake mix
    3 eggs
    1 cup water
    1/2 cup Canola oil
    1 large bottle of maraschino cherries, reserving
    1/4 cup of the cherry juice

Frosting:
    1 box 10x powdered sugar (or 1/2 of a 2 lb package)
    1 (1/2 cup) stick softened butter
    1 small bottle of maraschino cherries for the juice and halved for decoration
    Milk or half and half

Cake: Cut cherries into tiny pieces. In large bowl, add cake mix, eggs, water, canola oil, diced cherries and cherry juice, and mix on medium speed of hand mixer for two minutes. Pour into greased/floured and/or sprayed cake pans and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes (or until inserted toothpick comes out clean). Cool completely on cake racks.

Frosting: In large bowl, combine powdered sugar, softened butter, and cherry juice and beat on medium high with hand mixer (starting out on low speed until combined) until frosting is nice and smooth. Note: I usually buy a two pound package of powdered sugar and use half of it in the recipe. That way, if the spreading consistency is two thin after you add the cherry juice, you can add a little more powdered sugar to make it thicker. If it's too thick, add a little milk or half and half in order to make the frosting more spreadable.

Place first layer onto a nice serving plate and spread about 1/3 of the frosting over cake layer. Add second later and put another 1/3 of the icing and spread evenly over cake. Then frost the sides of the cake with remaining frosting. Slice 15 or so of the cherries in half and place around the outer edge of the top of the cake. You can add a few more cherry halves in the middle of the cake if you wish. Chill for at least two hours (or overnight) before serving.

The first time I made this cake was in honor of George Washington's birthday, who said, "I cannot tell a lie, it was I who chopped down that cherry tree." Later, it became my favorite Valentine's Day cake. Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I and, now, my g'kids do.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2012/02/11 08:10PM
    #1645   2012/03/04 01:20PM
    lynnw

I found this written in my cookbook and don't remember if I've ever posted it or got it from someone who did but it's soooo good. I made a 9x13 pan at lunch and it's nearly gone now.

CRAZY POTATOES

10 potatoes, peeled and sliced
    1 pkg ranch dressing, prepared
    3/4 cup chedder cheese, I use sharp
    8 strips bacon, crumbled. I use the bacon bits.

Cook potatoes till tender and drain. Place in a baking dish, sprayed. Take dressing mix, already prepared, and add cheese. Put this over the potatoes. Add bacon and bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

You can adjust the number of potatoes used and any l/o dressing can be used on salads.

#1646   2012/03/04 01:23PM
    lynnw

Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 box yellow cake mix
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    Mix, then add
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup veg oil
    mix well

Add 1 cup chocolate chips
    can use 1/2 cup walnuts

Drop by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350.

I put a T. or two of water in batter when mixing to thin some.

#1647   2012/04/06 05:21PM
    HOT PINK

Pound Cake

This is basically a "dump" pound cake. Add the following ingredients to a very LARGE mixing bowl:

3 cups flour
    2 cups sugar**
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 cup Crisco
    1/2 cup oil (I usually use 1 stick butter, 1/2 cup Crisco and 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil)
    6 eggs
    1 Tbs. pure vanilla extract
    1 cup milk

Slowly mix ingredients until well blended, then beat at medium speed for 10 minutes. Grease and flour large tube pan (or use a spray), and pour batter in pan. You can also bake in two greased and floured loaf pans. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. I'd check the cakes at about an hour to see if they are done. Let rest about 10 minutes before removing from pan. One trick I saw on America's Test Kitchen was to invert the cakes onto a bottle and let cool completely before inverting onto a plate or cake stand.

For a Chocolate Pound Cake:

Add 4 Tbs. cocoa powder when you add the flour and sugar.
    Sometimes I add a package of instant chocolate pudding when adding the sugar.

For a Plain Pound Cake:

Instead of 1 Tbs. vanilla, add 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla and 1-1/2 tsp. lemon extract.

For a Lemon or Orange Pound Cake

Add the grated rind of 1 lemon, 1/2 orange and 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice and 1/4 cup orange juice. Then, you will only need to add 1/2 cup of milk.

**The original recipe calls for 3 cups of sugar, but, I found it to be too sweet, which is why I changed it to two cups in my recipe. But, you can add the 3 cups of sugar to the original recipe, if you prefer. If you make the lemon/orange pound cake, you may want to use 3 cups of sugar to offset the tartness of the lemon and orange juices. Personally, I like the tartness.**

You can make a lot of different flavors by using different flavored extracts.

You can ice the pound cakes with your favorite butter cream or chocolate icings; and, for the lemon/orange pound cake, mix 1-1/2 cups confectioner sugar and enough fresh squeezed lemon and orange juice to make a nice glaze.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2012/04/06 05:30PM
    #1648   2012/04/07 09:00PM
    HOT PINK

My great Aunt Edna used to make a version of this pie when I was a little girl. I always looked forward to going to her house in the Summertime because she always made her strawberry pie for us. Now it's STRAWBERRY SEASON, so here's a recipe for:

Amish Strawberry Pie

Ingredients

1-1/2 cups water
    3/4 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    1 quart fresh strawberries
    1 9 inch baked and prepared pie crust
    Cool Whip or whipped cream for topping

Boil together water, sugar and cornstarch for 1 minute.
    Remove from heat and add gelatin and lemon juice.
    Cool slightly and and add strawberries.
    Pour into cooled 9" baked pie crust. Chill for 2 hours.
    Serve with Cool Whip or whipped cream (optional).

Note:

If using frozen strawberries, increase cornstarch and gelatin 1 1/2 times.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/04/07 09:01PM
    #1649   2012/04/09 05:28AM
    lynnw

Quote HOT PINK: Pound Cake

This is basically a "dump" pound cake. Add the following ingredients to a very LARGE mixing bowl:

3 cups flour
    2 cups sugar**
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 cup Crisco
    1/2 cup oil (I usually use 1 stick butter, 1/2 cup Crisco and 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil)
    6 eggs
    1 Tbs. pure vanilla extract
    1 cup milk

Slowly mix ingredients until well blended, then beat at medium speed for 10 minutes. Grease and flour large tube pan (or use a spray), and pour batter in pan. You can also bake in two greased and floured loaf pans. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. I'd check the cakes at about an hour to see if they are done. Let rest about 10 minutes before removing from pan. One trick I saw on America's Test Kitchen was to invert the cakes onto a bottle and let cool completely before inverting onto a plate or cake stand.

For a Chocolate Pound Cake:

Add 4 Tbs. cocoa powder when you add the flour and sugar.
    Sometimes I add a package of instant chocolate pudding when adding the sugar.

For a Plain Pound Cake:

Instead of 1 Tbs. vanilla, add 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla and 1-1/2 tsp. lemon extract.

For a Lemon or Orange Pound Cake

Add the grated rind of 1 lemon, 1/2 orange and 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice and 1/4 cup orange juice. Then, you will only need to add 1/2 cup of milk.

**The original recipe calls for 3 cups of sugar, but, I found it to be too sweet, which is why I changed it to two cups in my recipe. But, you can add the 3 cups of sugar to the original recipe, if you prefer. If you make the lemon/orange pound cake, you may want to use 3 cups of sugar to offset the tartness of the lemon and orange juices. Personally, I like the tartness.**

You can make a lot of different flavors by using different flavored extracts.

You can ice the pound cakes with your favorite butter cream or chocolate icings; and, for the lemon/orange pound cake, mix 1-1/2 cups confectioner sugar and enough fresh squeezed lemon and orange juice to make a nice glaze.

Thanks for the cake recipe Hot Pink...I've never tried a pound cake in loaf pans but it's a good idea.

#1650   2012/04/09 05:30AM
    lynnw

Quote HOT PINK: My great Aunt Edna used to make a version of this pie when I was a little girl. I always looked forward to going to her house in the Summertime because she always made her strawberry pie for us. Now it's STRAWBERRY SEASON, so here's a recipe for:

Amish Strawberry Pie

Ingredients

1-1/2 cups water
    3/4 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    1 quart fresh strawberries
    1 9 inch baked and prepared pie crust
    Cool Whip or whipped cream for topping

Boil together water, sugar and cornstarch for 1 minute.
    Remove from heat and add gelatin and lemon juice.
    Cool slightly and and add strawberries.
    Pour into cooled 9" baked pie crust. Chill for 2 hours.
    Serve with Cool Whip or whipped cream (optional).

Note:

If using frozen strawberries, increase cornstarch and gelatin 1 1/2 times.

I love this pie. We've always called it a Shoney's Pie. Some strawberry fields are open now and this is one pie I always make. Always have to hunt for my recipe. i'll just use this one.

« 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list