recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Post all Recipes here.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Post all Recipes here.

Started by mamabing15 at 2009/01/18 10:05PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/19 03:55AM, Views: 246890, Replies: 1677
    « 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 » »| page:
    #1631   2011/12/03 10:43PM
    Re: Post all Recipes here.
    HOT PINK

Sauteed Brussels Sprouts (that I will actually eat)

1 lb Brussels sprouts
    6 cups water
    8 slices bacon
    4 Tbs. Olive Oil
    2 Tbs. butter
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
    Salt and Pepper (to taste)

Cook bacon (in skillet, or in 375 degree oven until crisp). Clean Brussels sprouts and slice in half. Bring water to a boil, add 1/2 tsp salt and Brussels sprouts and cook for about 8 minutes, then drain. In large skillet, add olive oil, butter, garlic, lemon juice, Brussels sprouts and salt and pepper to taste. Saute until Brussels sprouts are tender. Crumble bacon over sprouts, stir gently, and serve immediately.

You can also cook fresh broccoli instead of the Brussels sprouts using this recipe, if you'd like. Both vegetables are great cooked this way.

#1632   2011/12/07 09:58AM
    Eppy

A nice Christmas Cookie (or anytime cookie), with a twist by adding chocolate chips to the traditional MOLASSES SUGAR COOKIES.

3/4 cup shortning
    1 cup sugar
    1/4 cup molassas
    1 egg
    2 tsp. soda
    1/2 tsp. salt
    2 cups all purpose sifted flour
    1/2 tsp. cloves
    1/2 tsp. ginger
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1 6oz. package chocolate chips

Cream shortning, sugar, egg and molasses. Sift flour, spices and dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Blend in the chocolate chips. Chill until firm, then form into walnut size balls and roll in sugar.

Place on greased cookie sheet 2" apart.

Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2011/12/07 10:03AM
    #1633   2011/12/10 05:33PM
    HOT PINK

Eppy asked me to post this recipe for her. It sounds delicious and I hope to be able to make it soon.

Christmas Stollen

1 cup raisins
    1 cup mixed candied fruits
    1/4 cup orange juice or rum
    2 packages (2 tablespoons) active dry yeast
    1/2 cup warm water
    1 cup warm milk
    1/2 cup unsalted butter or margarine, softened
    7 cups (approx.) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 teaspoon mace
    2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
    2 eggs, lightly beaten
    2 teaspoons salt
    1 cup chopped almonds
    2 tablespoons melted butter
    2 tablespoons granulated sugar
    1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
    1 cup confectioners' sugar
    6 tablespoons (approximately) heavy cream
    red and green candied cherries for garnish (optional)

Combine raisins, candied fruits, and orange juice or rum; set aside.

In a large bowl stir yeast into water to soften. Add milk, half the softened butter, 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, mace, lemon rind, and eggs. Beat vigorously for 2 minutes. This is a sponge; it has the consistency of cake batter rather than bread dough.

Cover the sponge with plastic wrap and a towel. Let rise for 30 minutes. It should be light and full of tiny bubbles.

Stir sponge to deflate. Add remaining half of softened butter, salt, raisin/fruit mixture, and almonds; mix well. Gradually add flour, a little at a time, until you have a dough stiff enough to knead. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead, adding more flour as necessary, until you have a smooth, elastic dough.

Put dough into an oiled bowl, turning once to coat the entire ball of dough with oil, cover with a towel, and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.

Turn dough out onto a lightly oiled work surface. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a 9 x 13-inch oval. Brush 1 tablespoon melted butter on each oval. Combine 2 tablespoons granulated sugar with cinnamon. Sprinkle half the sugar mixture over one half of each oval lengthwise. Fold dough in half lengthwise to resemble a long Parker House-style roll. Carefully lift stollens onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Press folded side slightly to help loaf keep its shape during rising and baking. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes.

Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of stollens reaches 190°F. Immediately remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack to prevent the crust from becoming soggy. Let sit for 30 minutes before icing.

Combine confectioners' sugar with enough heavy cream to have the consistency of honey. Drizzle atop stollens. Cut red cherries into sixths and place spoke-fashion, to resemble flower petals, on top of stollens. Cut green cherries into fourths to make stems and leaves. Makes 2 stollens.

#1634   2011/12/10 06:14PM
    pgl35

Quote HOT PINK: Eppy asked me to post this recipe for her. It sounds delicious and I hope to be able to make it soon.

Christmas Stollen

1 cup raisins
    1/2 cup warm water
    1 cup warm milk
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 teaspoon mace
    2 eggs, lightly beaten
    2 teaspoons salt
    1 cup chopped almonds

In a large bowl stir yeast into water to soften. Add milk, half the softened butter, 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, mace, lemon rind, and eggs. Beat vigorously for 2 minutes. This is a sponge; it has the consistency of cake batter rather than bread dough.

Cover the sponge with plastic wrap and a towel. Let rise for 30 minutes. It should be light and full of tiny bubbles.

Stir sponge to deflate. Add remaining half of softened butter, salt, raisin/fruit mixture, and almonds; mix well. Gradually add flour, a little at a time, until you have a dough stiff enough to knead. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead, adding more flour as necessary, until you have a smooth, elastic dough.

Put dough into an oiled bowl, turning once to coat the entire ball of dough with oil, cover with a towel, and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.

Turn dough out onto a lightly oiled work surface. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a 9 x 13-inch oval. Brush 1 tablespoon melted butter on each oval. Combine 2 tablespoons granulated sugar with cinnamon. Sprinkle half the sugar mixture over one half of each oval lengthwise. Fold dough in half lengthwise to resemble a long Parker House-style roll. Carefully lift stollens onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Press folded side slightly to help loaf keep its shape during rising and baking. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes.

Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of stollens reaches 190°F. Immediately remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack to prevent the crust from becoming soggy. Let sit for 30 minutes before icing.

Combine confectioners' sugar with enough heavy cream to have the consistency of honey. Drizzle atop stollens. Cut red cherries into sixths and place spoke-fashion, to resemble flower petals, on top of stollens. Cut green cherries into fourths to make stems and leaves. Makes 2 stollens.

Thanks Hot Pink and Eppy for this recipe , it sounds so good and I can't wait to try it!

Eppy , your Christmas cookies sound great too , I am also going to make them real soon

#1635   2011/12/10 06:33PM
    pgl35

Here's a recipe for flourless Peanut Butter Cookies that I have made for years. Everyone who has ever tasted them has asked for the recipe. They are a zap to make-

1 cup creamy peanut butter

1 cup sugar

1 large egg

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preparation
    1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together peanut butter , sugar and egg in a bowl until well blended.

2. Drop dough by rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart onto baking sheet.

3. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until tops are cracked and lightly browned. Immediatly take chocolate chips and press into tops of cookies . Cool on baking sheets and transfer to a container with lid.

These make a soft , chewy cookie . I have also made them without the chocolate chips , and they are still delicious. Instead of chocolate chips , you can also take a Hershey's kiss and set it in the middle of the cookie.

#1636   2011/12/11 06:24AM
    lynnw

Quote pgl35:
    Quote HOT PINK: Eppy asked me to post this recipe for her. It sounds delicious and I hope to be able to make it soon.

Christmas Stollen

1 cup raisins
    1/2 cup warm water
    1 cup warm milk
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 teaspoon mace
    2 eggs, lightly beaten
    2 teaspoons salt
    1 cup chopped almonds

Thanks Hot Pink and Eppy for this recipe , it sounds so good and I can't wait to try it!

Eppy , your Christmas cookies sound great too , I am also going to make them real soon

Those Molasses cookies and the Stollen sound good, although I don't know if I'd have sense enough to make the stollen. Just kidding. I use to love the cookies, haven't had any in years since my great aunt use to make them. I'm going to definitely try some to take to school for goodies day.

#1637   2011/12/11 06:26AM
    lynnw

Quote pgl35: Here's a recipe for flourless Peanut Butter Cookies that I have made for years. Everyone who has ever tasted them has asked for the recipe. They are a zap to make-

1 cup sugar

1 large egg

Preparation
    1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together peanut butter , sugar and egg in a bowl until well blended.

3. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until tops are cracked and lightly browned. Immediatly take chocolate chips and press into tops of cookies . Cool on baking sheets and transfer to a container with lid.

These make a soft , chewy cookie . I have also made them without the chocolate chips , and they are still delicious. Instead of chocolate chips , you can also take a Hershey's kiss and set it in the middle of the cookie.

My grandmother use to make the peanut butter cookies but not with the chocolate chips. I love peanut butter cups and will try these also.

#1638   2011/12/11 01:11PM
    HOT PINK

Quote pgl35: Here's a recipe for flourless Peanut Butter Cookies that I have made for years. Everyone who has ever tasted them has asked for the recipe. They are a zap to make-

1 cup sugar

1 large egg

Preparation

I know these are delicious! Will have to make them for my son since he loves peanut butter so much. Of course, I'll have to make some with the chocolate chips as well. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us!

#1639   2011/12/12 12:21PM
    lynnw

HAM AND CHEESE DELIGHTS

1/2 lb margarine
    3 Tablespoons mustard
    3 Tablespoons poppy seeds
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 sm. onion, finely minced
    1/2 -1 lb boiled ham
    1 pkg swiss cheese
    1 or 2 pkg small dinner rolls

Let margarine soften; then mix together with next 4 ingredients. Slice dinner rolls in two; place a strip of ham and a strip of cheese about the size of the roll on top of each roll; then place a small amount (@1/2 teaspoon) of filling on top. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for a few minutes ( long enough for cheese and mixture to melt.

I usually don't use the onion but some may like it.

#1640   2011/12/13 05:08PM
    HOT PINK

Cranberry-Pistachio Biscotti

1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
    1 box (4-serving size) pistachio instant pudding and pie filling mix
    1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup dry-roasted salted pistachio nuts, finely chopped
    1/2 cup dried cranberries
    2 tablespoons powdered sugar

Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix, pudding mix and flour. Stir in melted butter and eggs until soft dough forms. Stir in pistachios and cranberries. Divide dough in half. On each of 2 ungreased cookie sheets, shape half of dough into 15x2-inch log.

Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cookie sheets 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250°F. Place logs on cutting board. Cut crosswise into 3/4-inch slices. Place slices cut sides down on ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 40 minutes, turning once. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool 10 minutes. With small, fine strainer, lightly sprinkle powdered sugar over tops of cookies. Store loosely covered.

« 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list