recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Post all Recipes here.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Post all Recipes here.

Started by mamabing15 at 2009/01/18 10:05PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/19 03:55AM, Views: 249164, Replies: 1677
    « 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 » »| page:
    #1621   2011/11/16 01:08AM
    Re: Post all Recipes here.
    IngaOlaf

Quote Eppy: Olga, I went to the market to buy turkey pieces ( I never wait until TG or Christmas to enjoy turkey) and found them hard to find in the chain markets. I went to a local market and found they had packages of all kinds of turkey pieces. I bought two thighs and am going to try your recipe - it sounds yummy!

Just did it again the other night...hope you enjoy...lately the thighs are harder to find. When I do find them, I will get a few packages and freeze some...

Another thing that is good with them is fresh cranberry sauce...a can of whole cranberries (or fresh if you are brave!), a small can of mandarin oranges (juice included), cinnamon, walnuts crushed to small bits, and a tad of brown sugar to taste. Just slowly heated over a burner...a bit of brandy if you wish. And once in a while I will add chopped celery at the start, for more crunch...it becomes kind of a chutney then.

Happy nap time! It's a real comfort meal at this time of year. I always feel like hibernating this time of year anyway...must have something to do with my Scandy ancestors!

#1622   2011/11/16 04:06PM
    EscapeHybrid

Quote januaryrose: I know there was a post above about cookies made using cake mix. I found this in my cookbook and have tried it a few times.

Devils Food Cookies (2 dozen)

1 box devils food cake mix
    3/4 cup shortening (crisco)
    2 eggs

Mix cake mix, shortening and eggs. Form into small balls (size of a quarter.) Flatten slightly.
    Place on cookie sheet I usually spray slightly.
    Bake 350 for 8 to 10 minutes.

Icing

8 oz cream cheese (soften)
    1/2 cup cargarine (soft)
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    1 box confectioners sugar

Take 1 cookie, place icing on it, top with another cookie.

Thanks for the excellent recipe ! !

#1623   2011/11/16 05:18PM
    HOT PINK

Quote EscapeHybrid:
    Quote januaryrose: I know there was a post above about cookies made using cake mix. I found this in my cookbook and have tried it a few times.

Devils Food Cookies (2 dozen)

1 box devils food cake mix
    3/4 cup shortening (crisco)
    2 eggs

Mix cake mix, shortening and eggs. Form into small balls (size of a quarter.) Flatten slightly.
    Place on cookie sheet I usually spray slightly.
    Bake 350 for 8 to 10 minutes.

Icing

8 oz cream cheese (soften)
    1/2 cup cargarine (soft)
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    1 box confectioners sugar

Take 1 cookie, place icing on it, top with another cookie.

Thanks for the excellent recipe ! !

I've made cookies with cake mix for years and love them. I use the two eggs and one stick of melted butter instead of the Crisco. I usually make:

Iced lemon cookies with lemon frosting (with the Duncan Hines lemon cake mix & frosting);

Oatmeal raisin cookies with the spice cake mix (add about 1 cup or so of quick cooking oats) and homemade cream cheese frosting;

Carrot cake cookies with raisins and iced with homemade cream cheese frosting; chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips and/or macadamia nuts;

Double chocolate chunk cookies with chocolate mocha icing (2 cups confectioner's sugar, 1/4 to 1/2 cup softened butter and just enough warm coffee to make a nice frosting).

Red velvet cookies with the homemade cream cheese frosting.

The possibilities are endless regarding the different kinds of cookies you can make with the various kinds of cake mix. They are easy to make and wonderful to give as presents at Christmastime. Just let your imagination soar...

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2011/11/16 05:19PM
    #1624   2011/11/20 06:56PM
    Eppy

Quote all4samantha: Has anyone ever made homemade doggie treats or biscuits ???

I haven't but I'm sure if you googled you could find a recipe. When I had a dog, I always wanted to make his treats - I know they are healthier.

#1625   2011/11/22 03:23AM
    pgl35

Quote all4samantha: Has anyone ever made homemade doggie treats or biscuits ???

Here's a recipe I made up for my baby , I call them cookies and she loves them!

6 cups Nature's Variety Prairie dog food (or any healthy good quaility dog food)

2 cups cooked carrots (or any veg your baby likes), sometimes I add green beans or broccoli also)

2 eggs

2 cups homemade fat free chicken broth

I let the dog food soak in water (enough water to cover top of food) until it's soft. The food soaks up the water , so it's not runny.
    I mix the rest of the ingredients in my blender. Spread in a 9x13 inch pan and bake until top is brown and a litte crispy. Bake at 400 degrees. I let them cool and then cut them into about 1x1 inch pieces. I put about 10 in a freezer bag , and take out when I need them. I let them unthaw first by taking them out of the freezer the night before. These make a soft "cookie" , but they hold together well . You can cook them longer to make them more crispy. I cook mine about 30 minutes or so.

#1626   2011/11/22 03:04PM
    lynnw

Easy Caramel Frosting

1/2 cup margarine, melted
    1 cup brown sugar (I use the light brown)
    1/4 cup canned milk
    3 1/2 cup powdered sugar (may need more, depending on number of layers.)

Melt margarine. Add brown sugar and stir 1 minute. Cool slightly. Add milk and beat until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar. Add more milk if needed for spreading consistency.

This icing is very good and so easy.

#1627   2011/11/24 03:16PM
    Eppy

Eggnog Noel Pie

Ingredients:
    1 package (3 ounce size) lemon gelatin
    1 cup hot water
    1 pint vanilla ice cream
    1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
    3/4 teaspoon rum flavoring
    2 egg yolks -- well beaten
    2 egg whites -- stiffly beaten

***Golden Coconut Shell***
    3 tablespoons butter, softened
    2 cans (3 1/2 ounce size) flaked coconut
    whipped cream
    nutmeg

Directions:
    Dissolve gelatin in hot water. Cut ice cream in 6 pieces; add to gelatin and stir until melted. Chill until partially set.
    Add the nutmeg and flavoring. Stir in well beaten egg yolks; fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites. Pour into Golden Coconut Shell and chill until set.
    Top individual servings with a spoonful of whipped cream. Sprinkle with nutmeg.

For Golden Coconut Shell: Preheat oven to 300degrees F. Combine butter and coconut.

Press evenly into lightly buttered pie plate, building up sides. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool.

#1628   2011/11/30 09:24AM
    shoozeyque2

Quote Eppy: Thanks schoozeque2 for posting this interesting look at Rachael Ray. I used to live in upstate NY in Plattsburgh - is that close to where she lives now?

HI - sorry for the delay in replying. I believe Plattsburgh is much further north. I know I live about 45 minutes south of Rachel Ray's territory.

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

« 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list