recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Post all Recipes here.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Post all Recipes here.

Started by mamabing15 at 2009/01/18 10:05PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/19 03:55AM, Views: 251115, Replies: 1677
    « 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 » »| page:
    #1611   2011/10/31 04:15PM
    Re: Post all Recipes here.
    HOT PINK

Daddy's Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwiches

8 slices of your favorite bread (I like The White Wheat or sourdough)
    8 slices Cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)
    16 slices of deli ham (I like the smoked)
    Softened butter (or margarine)

Spread butter over top of four slices of bread and place buttered side DOWN in a thick frying pan or cast iron skillet that has been heating up over medium heat. Place one slice of cheese, four slices of deli ham, and a second slice of cheese on each sandwich. Spread butter on the other slices of bread and place buttered side UP on top the sandwiches. Cook over medium until the bottom of the sandwiches are nice and golden. I tend to smash the top of the sandwiches down to flatten them a bit and get them nice and crunchy. I also had a little more butter around the sides of the sandwiches as they fry gently. Add a little more butter to the pan after turning the sandwiches over and cook until nice and golden and crunchy on the other side. Makes four servings (or two, if you're really hungry!).

Serve immediately and ENJOY! Paula Deen would LOVE these sandwiches because of all the butter!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2011/10/31 04:15PM
    #1612   2011/11/02 10:20PM
    IngaOlaf

We like turkey thighs all times of the year...turkey isn't just for Thanksgiving!

A lot less time than a whole turkey...an hour or a little more in a 350 degree oven...place thighs skin-side up, and drizzle Italian salad dressing over them, so skin has been thinly coated. Pop in the oven. No need to cover. The skin will turn dark brown and crispy--yours to eat or not.

We like this with home-made cole slaw or baked cabbage, and a stuffing made with bread cubes, onions, celery, and herbs as a side. A mini-Thanksgiving feast!

Baked cabbage is with a little onion, broiled bacon pieces, cabbage slices, sour cream, and a dash of sugar and nutmeg. In the oven with the turkey thighs for about an hour.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2011/11/02 10:24PM
    #1613   2011/11/03 04:11AM
    Eppy

Quote IngaOlaf: We like turkey thighs all times of the year...turkey isn't just for Thanksgiving!

A lot less time than a whole turkey...an hour or a little more in a 350 degree oven...place thighs skin-side up, and drizzle Italian salad dressing over them, so skin has been thinly coated. Pop in the oven. No need to cover. The skin will turn dark brown and crispy--yours to eat or not.

We like this with home-made cole slaw or baked cabbage, and a stuffing made with bread cubes, onions, celery, and herbs as a side. A mini-Thanksgiving feast!

Baked cabbage is with a little onion, broiled bacon pieces, cabbage slices, sour cream, and a dash of sugar and nutmeg. In the oven with the turkey thighs for about an hour.

All this sounds delicious. I love turkey and dressing anytime and cooked cabbage as well. I will often throw in some diced apple with my cabbage too. I'm going to try this - especially since I don't cook for a family anymore and a couple turkey thighs would suit my needs more than an entire turkey.

#1614   2011/11/13 11:29AM
    Eppy

bump

#1615   2011/11/13 12:19PM
    Eppy

I've been enjoying starting to read this thread from the beginning and writing down page numbers of recipes that sound good or interesting to me.

Just thought I would add a cooking tip I have used all my life and learned very young. When you are wanting to make a cream gravy, ie. fried chicken gravy, sausage gravy, pork chop gravy, or creamed clam or corn chowder, use canned evaporated milk instead of whole milk or half and half. Half the evaporated milk with half water. The gravy/sauce will come out with a richer flavor and be much creamier.

#1616   2011/11/13 04:53PM
    shirley 2

Hello EPPY

#1617   2011/11/14 12:41PM
    Eppy

Quote shirley 2: Hello EPPY

Hi Shirley - how the heck are you? Haven't seen you around like forever-you haven't been posting much, but guess you stay pretty busy, huh?

#1618   2011/11/15 09:44AM
    shoozeyque2

Quote shoozeyque2:
    Quote ladyjckc: mamabing, you need to be on "The Food Network" channel - Rachael Ray has nothing on you I love watching all the cooking shows and reading your recipes - but the funny thing is - I don't cook - my food either comes out of the microwave oven or a drive thru window But after reading your recipe for pork chops, I am going to cook those!

I live in Rachel Ray's neck of the woods and am very familiar with her background up here in upstate New York. I have watched her from way back when in the early days with Dan DiNicola (he is now deceased - his wife had died some years earlier of an unfortunate untimely death). Rachel was cooking in our local Price Chopper Supermarkets as well, so it's nice to see we have raised a celebrity from our area.

I thought I'd add a little something about Rachel Ray's early days as she is local to my area, and lives a little bit north of where I live in New York State. She, of course, is very popular here because of her humble beginnings.

Mini Biography for
    Rachael Ray

Her hometown is Lake George, New York (a well-known tourist spot in NY), which is about 40 minutes north of where I live, Clifton Park, New York, where she presently lives with her husband, mother, a dog, a cat and two fishes. Moved to upstate New York when she was in first grade. (At one time her family owned several restaurants called the Carvery in and around Falmouth and Mashpee, Massachusetts. I used to watch her shows religiously every night when I came home from work).

After college, she worked as candy manager at Macy's Marketplace in New York. She was promoted to the fresh food section, then left Macy's and became a chef and buyer at a gourmet store. She moved out of New York City and while working in a shop in Albany, she held cooking lessons, along with her sidekick, Dan DiNicola in the popular local supermarket which has stores all over the northeast. (Price Chopper Supermarket), and caught the attention of a local television (Channel 6 - television station in Niskayuna, New York-a suburb northwest of Albany, New York . The station began cooking segments which later became "30 Minute Meals" (2001).....and the rest, as they say, is history.

#1619   2011/11/15 06:12PM
    Eppy

Thanks schoozeque2 for posting this interesting look at Rachael Ray. I used to live in upstate NY in Plattsburgh - is that close to where she lives now?

#1620   2011/11/15 06:15PM
    Eppy

Olga, I went to the market to buy turkey pieces ( I never wait until TG or Christmas to enjoy turkey) and found them hard to find in the chain markets. I went to a local market and found they had packages of all kinds of turkey pieces. I bought two thighs and am going to try your recipe - it sounds yummy!

« 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list