recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Post all Recipes here.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Post all Recipes here.

Started by mamabing15 at 2009/01/18 10:05PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/19 03:55AM, Views: 252173, Replies: 1677
    « 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 » »| page:
    #1591   2011/08/26 05:20PM
    Re: Post all Recipes here.
    HOT PINK

Here are a couple of my favorite chicken recipes:

Chicken and Rice

1 whole chicken, washed inside and out
    1 large onion, diced
    2 ribs celery, diced
    8 cups water
    1-1/2 tsp. salt
    3/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
    1/4 to 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
    3 Tbs. cornstarch
    1 Tbs. dried parsley or 2 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped

White rice cooked according to directions.

Put all ingredients into a very large dutch oven or pot. (Note: Add the dried parsley at this time. But, if you are using fresh parsley, add it when you return the chicken to the pot after de-boning it.) Bring to a boil, then skim any foam off the top. Lower heat and simmer gently for 1 hr 20 minutes (or until chicken starts falling off the bone). Remove chicken and take meat off the bones. Remove about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the chicken stock and add the cornstarch, stirring well to create a slurry. Bring the chicken stock back up to the boil, add the slurry and stir well until it thickens. You should taste the "gravy" to see if it needs a little more salt and pepper and add the fresh parsley at this time. Return chicken to pot and simmer for about five minutes. Serve over rice.

I normally serve black-eyed peas and homemade biscuits with this.

Chicken Casserole

3 to 4 large chicken breasts
    1 large onion, diced
    2 ribs celery, diced
    4 to 5 cups water
    1 tsp. salt, or more if needed (to taste)
    1/2 tsp. black pepper
    1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
    6 to 8 cups cooked rice (see below) (I use Uncle Ben's Converted Rice because it doesn't get all sticky)
    1/2 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
    1 can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
    1 can cream of chicken soup (undiluted)

In large pot, cook chicken breasts, onion, celery and seasonings. If any foam appears after the chicken comes to a boil, skim it off, then lower heat and simmer for about 45 minutes. Cool, then shred into nice bite-sized pieces. Keep the broth to cook the rice in. You may need to add a little more water if there isn't enough broth to cook the rice in. The directions on the rice pkg (or box) will tell you how much rice to use for each serving. Once rice is done, add the soups, water chestnuts and the chicken, stir well. Taste to make sure it doesn't need anymore salt or pepper (but remember the soups do contain quite a bit of salt). Pour into a large greased casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. You may want to place some foil on top of the casserole before baking so the top won't get brown.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2011/08/26 05:22PM
    #1592   2011/08/27 11:52AM
    lynnw

Quote HOT PINK: Here are a couple of my favorite chicken recipes:

Chicken and Rice

1 large onion, diced
    2 ribs celery, diced
    8 cups water
    1-1/2 tsp. salt
    3 Tbs. cornstarch

Put all ingredients into a very large dutch oven or pot. (Note: Add the dried parsley at this time. But, if you are using fresh parsley, add it when you return the chicken to the pot after de-boning it.) Bring to a boil, then skim any foam off the top. Lower heat and simmer gently for 1 hr 20 minutes (or until chicken starts falling off the bone). Remove chicken and take meat off the bones. Remove about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the chicken stock and add the cornstarch, stirring well to create a slurry. Bring the chicken stock back up to the boil, add the slurry and stir well until it thickens. You should taste the "gravy" to see if it needs a little more salt and pepper and add the fresh parsley at this time. Return chicken to pot and simmer for about five minutes. Serve over rice.

Chicken Casserole

1 large onion, diced
    2 ribs celery, diced
    4 to 5 cups water
    1/2 tsp. black pepper
    6 to 8 cups cooked rice (see below) (I use Uncle Ben's Converted Rice because it doesn't get all sticky)

In large pot, cook chicken breasts, onion, celery and seasonings. If any foam appears after the chicken comes to a boil, skim it off, then lower heat and simmer for about 45 minutes. Cool, then shred into nice bite-sized pieces. Keep the broth to cook the rice in. You may need to add a little more water if there isn't enough broth to cook the rice in. The directions on the rice pkg (or box) will tell you how much rice to use for each serving. Once rice is done, add the soups, water chestnuts and the chicken, stir well. Taste to make sure it doesn't need anymore salt or pepper (but remember the soups do contain quite a bit of salt). Pour into a large greased casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. You may want to place some foil on top of the casserole before baking so the top won't get brown.

Both recipes sound yummy. I'll give the chicken/rice one to my husband. He's the cook for that but it sounds better than the one he makes.

The casserole is one I'm going to make next time I have one for Sunday lunch. Just had one a couple weeks ago. I love trying new ways for fixing it.

Thanks!!!!

#1593   2011/08/27 12:17PM
    HOT PINK

Quote lynnw:
    Quote HOT PINK: Here are a couple of my favorite chicken recipes:

Chicken and Rice

1 large onion, diced
    2 ribs celery, diced
    8 cups water
    1-1/2 tsp. salt
    3 Tbs. cornstarch

Chicken Casserole

1 large onion, diced
    2 ribs celery, diced
    4 to 5 cups water
    1/2 tsp. black pepper

Both recipes sound yummy. I'll give the chicken/rice one to my husband. He's the cook for that but it sounds better than the one he makes.

The casserole is one I'm going to make next time I have one for Sunday lunch. Just had one a couple weeks ago. I love trying new ways for fixing it.

Thanks!!!!

Hi, lynnw - Hope you and Hubby will enjoy making these. I like having variations on recipes to keep things interesting. Tonight, I'm hoping I can sweet-talk my youngest into stopping by our favorite Indian restaurant after we go to Walmart to get a take out. I would LOVE a good chicken curry for dinner! Take care.

#1594   2011/09/03 07:26AM
    lynnw

B-B-que muffins

1 can (10 oz) biscuits
    1 lb ground beef
    1/2 cup ketchup
    3 tespoons brown sugar
    1 tablespoon cider vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon chili powder
    1 cup shredded cheese

Seperate dough into 10 biscuits and flatten into circles(I use the rolling pin) and press into bottom and sides of greased muffin tins. In a skillet brown the beef and drain. In a small bowl, mix ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and chili powder. Stir until smooth. Add to meat and mix well. Divide meat mixture among biscuit lined muffin tins. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing and serving.

I found this recipe I'd written down, maybe from this thread, but it's good. My husband thinks adding some chopped onion would be good.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2011/09/03 07:30AM
    #1595   2011/09/04 12:25PM
    HOT PINK

Quote lynnw: B-B-que muffins

1 can (10 oz) biscuits
    1 lb ground beef
    1/2 cup ketchup
    3 tespoons brown sugar
    1 cup shredded cheese

Seperate dough into 10 biscuits and flatten into circles(I use the rolling pin) and press into bottom and sides of greased muffin tins. In a skillet brown the beef and drain. In a small bowl, mix ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and chili powder. Stir until smooth. Add to meat and mix well. Divide meat mixture among biscuit lined muffin tins. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing and serving.

I found this recipe I'd written down, maybe from this thread, but it's good. My husband thinks adding some chopped onion would be good.

This sounds really good, lynnw. I will have to try it once I'm walking again. I think my sons will really like it.

#1596   2011/09/30 03:23PM
    HOT PINK

Daddy's Fried Potatoes and Biscuits

3 or 4 russet potatoes
    Canola Oil
    1 can Golden Layer biscuits
    salt (and or) pepper to taste

Peel potatoes and cut in about 1/4 inch round slices. Add about 1/2 cup Canola oil to deep frying pan or dutch oven and heat until hot. Add potatoes and fry until they are crunchy on the outside and tender in the middle, turning often to get them evenly browned. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt (and pepper if you prefer). Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place biscuit onto ungreased baking sheet and put a pat of butter on each top. Back according to directions, 10 to 12 minutes. Pull biscuits apart and put several potatoes on bottom half and top with the other half of the biscuit.

My daddy used to make these when I was a a kid and I've made sure my sons love them as well. Nothing better than a "tater biscuit"! In fact, that's what we're having for dinner tonight!

#1597   2011/10/01 05:43PM
    Eppy

Quote lynnw: B-B-que muffins

1 can (10 oz) biscuits
    1 lb ground beef
    1/2 cup ketchup
    3 tespoons brown sugar
    1 cup shredded cheese

This sounds great and simple too. I'm going to try it.

#1598   2011/10/01 05:55PM
    Eppy

I make a batch of this about twice a month. Can't get enough and if you like your salads, this contains all the ingredients of salad adds but comes in the form of a refreshing cold soup.

Gazpacho:

2 cups finely diced fresh tomatoes ( about 2 medium)
    2 cups finely diced green peppers
    2 cups finely diced cucumbers
    1/2 to 3/4 cup finely diced red onion
    2 cups tomato juice
    1/3 cup red wine vinegar
    1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
    couple dashes hot sauce
    2 slices of bread.

After chopping and combining all ingredients except bread, ladle 1/2 the mixture into blender - add broken pieces of bread and blend until a course mixture. Return the blended mixture into the 1/2 mixture remaining. Refrigerate until cold.

I will eat this as a healthy cold soup or sometimes I will just add a ladle onto fresh salad greens.

#1599   2011/10/02 03:24PM
    lynnw

MOIST CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE

1 stick margarine
    1 cup oil
    4 Tablespoons cocoa
    1 cup water
    2 cups plain flour
    2 cups sugar
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/2 cup buttermilk
    1 seaspoon soad

Icing
    1 stick margarine
    5-6 Tablespoons milk
    4 Tablespoons cocoa
    1 box confectioners' sugar

Mix margarine, oil, cocoa and water. Boil for 1 minute on low heat. Let cool. Add remaining cake ingredients and mix well. Bake in 11 x 13 inch greased and floured pan at 300 for 40 minutes.

Icing

Heat margarine, milk and cocoa. Add confectioners sugar. Pour on cake while warm.
    I use 1 teaspoon vanilla in icing.
    You kind of have to judge for yourself on how much con. sugar. You want it so you can pour over cake, sort of just below spreading consistency.

#1600   2011/10/02 03:25PM
    lynnw

Quote Eppy: I make a batch of this about twice a month. Can't get enough and if you like your salads, this contains all the ingredients of salad adds but comes in the form of a refreshing cold soup.

Gazpacho:

2 cups finely diced fresh tomatoes ( about 2 medium)
    2 cups finely diced green peppers
    2 cups finely diced cucumbers
    1/2 to 3/4 cup finely diced red onion
    2 cups tomato juice
    1/3 cup red wine vinegar
    1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
    couple dashes hot sauce
    2 slices of bread.

After chopping and combining all ingredients except bread, ladle 1/2 the mixture into blender - add broken pieces of bread and blend until a course mixture. Return the blended mixture into the 1/2 mixture remaining. Refrigerate until cold.

I will eat this as a healthy cold soup or sometimes I will just add a ladle onto fresh salad greens.

Sounds good!!! We got a food chopper at the State Fair a few years ago that would be perfect for this.

« 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list