recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Sarah Palin

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Sarah Palin

Started by cats meow at 2008/08/30 04:53AM
    Latest post: 2008/09/05 12:32PM, Views: 9250, Replies: 246
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #1   2008/08/30 04:53AM
    Sarah Palin
    cats meow

what do you think of mccain's choice for V P? i don't think she has much experience, kind of blows the G O P's argument regarding obama,away, she is anti choice, against equal pay for women, against minimum wage, seems kind of a transparent choice to me, as if most women will just vote for him because he has a woman on the ticket, i don't think so

#2   2008/08/30 07:31AM
    Re: Sarah Palin
    margolovestom

I think you just said it all meow!

#3   2008/08/30 08:11AM
    cats meow

Quote margolovestom: I think you just said it all meow!

thank you, means a lot coming from you, hope we hear from plot and EJ

#4   2008/08/30 08:22AM
    wannazach

ITA with you. This choice made me laugh at first and then made me down right mad. How dare the republicans insult the intelligence of women by assuming we will vote for anyone with breasts? It is not about getting a woman in office to the Hillary supporters it is about the best person. Hillary was qualified. This woman has not even completed ONE term as governor. It would be like putting a model plane enthusist in charge of the US Airforce. NOT a goot idea! In Mccains last speach about his running mate choice he stated he WOULD choose a running mate he KNEW well and trusted. He does NOT even know this woman at all. They have been itroduced twice. He did not even look comfortable standing on the stage with this "stranger". Her education is in journalism. Don't think that helps where foreign affairs are concerned. IMO McCain was forced into this choice and this is not the one he would have made on his own accord. Just think, a 20 month governor being "ONE" heart beat away from running our county??? Scary huh?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/08/30 08:24AM
    #5   2008/08/30 08:31AM
    cats meow

Quote wannazach:

ITA with you. This choice made me laugh at first and then made me down right mad. How dare the republicans insult the intelligence of women by assuming we will vote for anyone with breasts? It is not about getting a woman in office to the Hillary supporters it is about the best person. Hillary was qualified. This woman has not even completed ONE term as governor. It would be like putting a model plane enthusist in charge of the US Airforce. NOT a goot idea! In Mccains last speach about his running mate choice he stated he WOULD choose a running mate he KNEW well and trusted. He does NOT even know this woman at all. They have been itroduced twice. He did not even look comfortable standing on the stage with this "stranger". Her education is in journalism. Don't think that helps where foreign affairs are concerned. IMO McCain was forced into this choice and this is not the one he would have made on his own accord. Just think, a 20 month governor being "ONE" heart beat away from running our county??? Scary huh?

so many excellent points!!!!!, thank you for joining the discussion

#6   2008/08/30 08:45AM
    twocentsworth

Quote cats meow:
    Quote wannazach:

I agree with you on this and it should really lock it up for my choice Barack Obama, who can really bring the change needed in the country and I'm a 50-something single parent w/f...and wasn't the past 4 days of the DNC just the best and his acceptance speech was perfect...now on the off change McCain were to win and he's made this selection of Palin on his own basically, without much vetting and only a meeting or two with her, and is something should medically prevent McCain from finishing his term, I won't feel safe for my family in this country with this person from Alaska filling in...they say she has an 80% approval rate in Alaska, but how many of the very few people in the vastness of that state did they ask, 10? Maybe 8 of those 10 people asked would say that, but there is controversy surrounding her already about the possibility she wasn't totally truthful in the use of her powers in office...just because she is a woman, McCain would think all women would vote for her because she has the same plumbing...I don't think so and I know I won't and I think it insults all Hillary Clinton's 18 million...she's not Hillary and doesn't stand for any of the womens' rights that Obama does...maybe we should be thanking McCain, since this will indeed insure Obama is the next President of the United States! I pray that does happen or we will be in deep trouble with more of the same!!

#7   2008/08/30 08:47AM
    wannazach

Quote cats meow:
    Quote wannazach:

Thank you. I am still so "shocked" at this antic I feel I must be dreaming. This can not be real. How dare the Republicans put our country in jeopardy just to try and insure they get a Republican in the white house at all cost. I have many died hard McCain fans and I couldn't wait to speak to them yesterday. The ones that weren't angry were embarrassed for the party. If the Republicans wanted a woman fine that is great but why overlook the thousands of qualified women that were available. What about Rice? I think she would have liked a shot at it. Did they not even think to try a "woman" and a little "experience" combined?

#8   2008/08/30 08:58AM
    cats meow

i this will work in our favor, i could not be happier, how could any thinking woman cast a vote for a woman that doesn't champion women's rights???

#9   2008/08/30 08:59AM
    wannazach

Quote twocentsworth:
    Quote cats meow:
    Quote wannazach:

I agree with you on this and it should really lock it up for my choice Barack Obama, who can really bring the change needed in the country and I'm a 50-something single parent w/f...and wasn't the past 4 days of the DNC just the best and his acceptance speech was perfect...now on the off change McCain were to win and he's made this selection of Palin on his own basically, without much vetting and only a meeting or two with her, and is something should medically prevent McCain from finishing his term, I won't feel safe for my family in this country with this person from Alaska filling in...they say she has an 80% approval rate in Alaska, but how many of the very few people in the vastness of that state did they ask, 10? Maybe 8 of those 10 people asked would say that, but there is controversy surrounding her already about the possibility she wasn't totally truthful in the use of her powers in office...just because she is a woman, McCain would think all women would vote for her because she has the same plumbing...I don't think so and I know I won't and I think it insults all Hillary Clinton's 18 million...she's not Hillary and doesn't stand for any of the womens' rights that Obama does...maybe we should be thanking McCain, since this will indeed insure Obama is the next President of the United States! I pray that does happen or we will be in deep trouble with more of the same!!

You know, I was one of the 18 million Hillary supporters who had decided not to vote at all. Well, yesterdays VP selection proved to me EVERYONE needs to vote for Obama. I, as Palin can shoot and eat my own meat "BUT" that does NOT qualify me to be VP and neither does it qualify her. She has a high approval rate in Alaska, big deal! My governor has a very high approval rate too and there are MANY more people here than in Alaska. My husband is a die hard Republican. His father even ran for Senate in Alabama. He admired and backed McCain completely till yesterday. He is now just shaking his head in disbelief. He is one Republican vote lost. Are we SURE this isn't just a sick joke someone is pulling on us??? *crosses fingers*

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/08/30 11:51AM
    #10   2008/08/30 09:09AM
    gommie

I thinks she is Fabulous and just what our country needs- she has good common sense and honorable morals-as governor she has passed the competence test-A no nonsense attitude-her first priority is the people-Her approval rate is in the high 80's in Alaska-
    We had the experience of Clinton/Bush-Whoopee didn't they make us proud-other than his ability to give speeches Obama
    has zero accomplishments-
    Sarah Palin' s record speaks for itself if anyone cares to research it-

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list