recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Beatles

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The Beatles

Started by Homesick Cajun at 2014/02/08 06:07AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/13 04:14AM, Views: 389, Replies: 12
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2014/02/08 06:07AM
    The Beatles
    Homesick Cajun

Anybody else here old enough to remember fifty years ago when Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play?

I was eight years old. My parents were having a small cookout. One of my little friends parents were there and she and I were on the rug in front of the old black and white television glued to the screen.

Right down the street there was a family that had a teenage girl. Of course, she was watching. Their television caught on fire during the Ed Sullivan broadcast. Looking back, that was certainly an omen. My father said at the time "I knew they would be hot, never dreamed they would be this hot!!"

#2   2014/02/08 04:42PM
    Re: The Beatles
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Anybody else here old enough to remember fifty years ago when Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play?

I was eight years old. My parents were having a small cookout. One of my little friends parents were there and she and I were on the rug in front of the old black and white television glued to the screen.

Right down the street there was a family that had a teenage girl. Of course, she was watching. Their television caught on fire during the Ed Sullivan broadcast. Looking back, that was certainly an omen. My father said at the time "I knew they would be hot, never dreamed they would be this hot!!"

Wow Great story! I have to tell my husband he loves the Beatles as does my older boys.

#3   2014/02/08 05:31PM
    calliope

No. Who are The Beatles?

#4   2014/02/09 08:07AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote calliope: No. Who are The Beatles?

I'm not surprised you don't remember them. They really didn't make much of a splash.

Like I don't know how old you are!

#5   2014/02/09 09:23AM
    calliope

I do believe I had an infant when they hit Ed Sullivan!

#6   2014/02/10 04:54AM
    Homesick Cajun

So, did you guys watch last night? I stayed up till the bitter end even though we were recording it. Still sleepy this morning. That's too late for me! But it was awesome! Rock and roll royalty on stage and in the audience. Fantastic!!

#7   2014/02/10 04:54AM
    Homesick Cajun

Sorry double post.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/10 04:54AM
    #8   2014/02/10 05:33AM
    calliope

I didn't see it but hear it was so good. Now I am sorry to have missed it! I was recording Downton Abbey and watching a Walking Dead. Glad you enjoyed it so much.

#9   2014/02/10 05:46AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote calliope: I didn't see it but hear it was so good. Now I am sorry to have missed it! I was recording Downton Abbey and watching a Walking Dead. Glad you enjoyed it so much.

I was so looking forward to it and you know how sometimes when your expectations are so high for something that you are left feeling let down? Well, that's what I was afraid would happen. I didn't see how it could live up to what I was expecting but it not only lived up, it exceeded! It was thrilling! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it! So sleepy today, but so worth it! So sorry you missed it! I'll probably keep this on the DVR for a long time to come.

#10   2014/02/12 06:08PM
    calliope

I have tuned into the rebroadcast tonight. Into the middle of "In My Life" and ended up in tears. You know I had a son die in September. This was their song at the wedding. I love the song and the words. I think maybe most of this music will have me teary. But that is okay, sometimes it helps!

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list