recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Today I am Thankful

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Today I am Thankful

Started by LucyT at 2013/07/30 11:50AM
    Latest post: 2014/05/01 11:17PM, Views: 2245, Replies: 76
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #31   2013/08/21 04:19AM
    Re: Today I am Thankful
    LucyT

Today I am thankful for

The huge full moon that lit up the summer sky as my friends and I sat and visited on the porch well into the late hour of the evening.

and for pine trees out my window as I start the day at my desk each morning enjoying the quiet before my children's feet hit the floor and I am swept away into the wave of activity.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/21 04:22AM
    #32   2013/08/21 05:55PM
    calliope

It is wonderful that you take the time to see even the daily things we see around us and be thankful for the.

#33   2013/08/21 10:09PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope: It is wonderful that you take the time to see even the daily things we see around us and be thankful for the.

You are sweet to say that. I need life to be wonderful.I want to find as many good thoughts each day as I can.

I am thankful for you and the dinner thread and getting to hear a little about your precious granddaughters and your boys now men.I think it is wonderful to hear about other peoples lives and the everyday way we really live and think.

Maybe that is weird I hope not

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/21 10:09PM
    #34   2013/09/01 02:40PM
    metalchica

I have a gratitude journal and try to live in gratitude. don't always succeed-but today I am thankful for my husband and son and all of us being safe. I am greatful for my baby girl-lucy-our 9 yr old precious cat. I am thankful I laughed today.i am just thankful to be here today posting.

#35   2013/09/02 01:34PM
    LucyT

Today is my 26th anniversary I am thankful that I was given someone to walk through life with.To share children with.To be not so kind to on my really bad days and know he will stay.
    To build a future with and possibly more importantly to share a long and meaningful past with.
    I am thankful that he is patient,kind and it never hurt that he looks like my teen crush Matt Dillon not of gun smoke .

#36   2013/09/09 03:56PM
    LucyT

I am having a hard time being thankful because I feel bad isn't that terrible that something as small as a little pain can make someone unable to see the gifts in life?I am thankful that my kids are safe at home and healthy and patient sort of with their mom.

#37   2013/09/09 04:24PM
    calliope

I am thankful that everyday we have you to remind us that there is so much in our lives to be thankful for. I hope your pain eases dear Lucy.

#38   2013/09/09 06:46PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope: I am thankful that everyday we have you to remind us that there is so much in our lives to be thankful for. I hope your pain eases dear Lucy.

Thank you I feel guilty for whining.So many sick and hurting people I am blessed even though I am sort of a pessimist I think

I love this little community we have here and enjoy your posts very much especially love hearing about you grand kids.

#39   2013/09/09 07:26PM
    calliope

Whine all you want. This is a good place to do venting. We won't judge you for that. I know it is sometimes hard to tell family that you hurt because you think they need you to be the strong one. We don't, whine away!

#40   2013/09/09 08:13PM
    LucyT

I found something to be thankful for.
    We moved resonantly to my small home town and bought an older 1940's home with a really nicely updated finished basement.That had this one really weird thing in it IMO
    a six foot by six foot shower.
    now that may not seem big to some of you but to me all I could see was a big granite dog bath.
    However it has become my favorite thing in this home it is like a steam room in there when the doors are closed and my three year old loves it.this child never wanted to bathe.
    I set in there in a towel and she plays until we run out of hot water then it stays steamy forever so nice.
    I fell asleep in there the other day I woke up a little cold but I just turned the water back on and was warm in no time.

Yes, I know not planet friendly but to a sick mom heaven on earth.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/09 08:14PM
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list