recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Today I am Thankful

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Today I am Thankful

Started by LucyT at 2013/07/30 11:50AM
    Latest post: 2014/05/01 11:17PM, Views: 2373, Replies: 76
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #11   2013/07/31 12:37PM
    Re: Today I am Thankful
    Homesick Cajun

Today and everyday I am so grateful for Paul.

How he puts up with me some days is nothing short of a miracle!

#12   2013/07/31 01:15PM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote LucyT:
    Quote Homesick Cajun: LucyT What a wonderful idea!! This is something I TRY to do every day. Some (most) days I forget.

Today I am grateful that Paul was able to get home from Texas early and safely.

I am VERY grateful for hot water these days LOL!

I am grateful my two babies (dachshunds) are sleeping late lol longer they sleep, less they bark at the wind!
    Dega is the male, Bristol is the female. SPOILED beyond belief! Will be VERY GRATEFUL when Bristol is no longer in heat lol so I don't have to keep them separated. Don't want puppies this go round. Recently did that. Not again soon. I don't know about her, but I'm STILL tired!!!

I love dachshunds grew up with two. Dega and Bristol how did you come up with those names. I like them are animals always end up with names like fluffy {cat} or popular movie character names like darth{cat} and Bella{fish} jacob didn't make it.Then we have our lab Agetha and our sweet mutt Lucy my daughter idea oh and the barn cats sinn,sinny,and sammy We have a zoo.

I grew up with a dachshund too! His name was Troy. They are truly great dogs. So smart!!

Dega is short for Talladega. They are both named after race tracks! LOL There is a race track at Talladega, Al., that we used to go to the races there every year when we were in Louisiana. There is a track in Bristol, Tn. I've never been to that one but love the races at that track on tv. We used to be huge Nascar fans. After Dale Earnhardt Sr. was killed in the race at Daytona, we really don't follow it much anymore. Still watch on weekends but just not as exciting for us as it used to be.

Bristol had puppies in May. 3 beautiful girls. They were SO CUTE!!! I got WAY too attached! Cried when they went to their new homes. But they all have great homes. I keep in touch. I called them Dover, Sonoma and Charlotte. Of course, all race tracks! LOL

I new there would be a great story behind those names.I haven't watched a race in years.I used to love it when I was young mostly because I dated a boy who'e dad was on a pit crew.He went to the Daytona 500 every year.

If we had puppys we would have them for life.We couldn't even butcher a calf we had to care for when her mother died during her birth.We now live in town but I refused to get chickens after that.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/31 01:16PM
    #13   2013/07/31 01:20PM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Today and everyday I am so grateful for Paul.

How he puts up with me some days is nothing short of a miracle!

I know what you mean.It is always easy for me to see my side of things.I am not so fun to live with sometimes if only I could remember that more often.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/31 01:21PM
    #14   2013/08/01 07:52AM
    Homesick Cajun

Good Morning!

This morning I am so grateful for the partly cloudy skies that are giving way to an absolutely beautiful sunrise over the mountains! As I have been sitting on my patio having a bagel and green tea it has been a gorgeous morning!!

So, now I am off in search of a different chicken recipe. Would love to fry it but really don't want the mess that makes! LOL

When I decide I'll post it on the What's for Dinner thread.

Have a great day!!

#15   2013/08/01 08:18AM
    calliope

I am putting a pretty good one on there for you too.

#16   2013/08/01 09:57AM
    LucyT

Today I am Thankful

For Advil
    Kids that can hit the bucket
    sleeping late
    being able to stay home

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/01 09:58AM
    #17   2013/08/02 08:57AM
    LucyT

Quote LucyT:
    Quote LucyT: If someone already has this thread started so sorry.

Today I am thankful for:

The first rainshower to fall sense I moved back to my small home town.I loved the way it beat down on my front porch roof and cooled the summer air.Watching my sweet girl nearly teen now run and play in it.

The sounds of the running dishwasher,washer,dryer and a big pot of chicken simmering on my stove its a sound that signafies life is happening here and things are falling into order.

I hope to hear what you all are thanful for today

Today I am thankful for

My husband who will be happy even eagor to come home to a mostly picked up home, a sort of pulled together ageing wife,made over left overs and some wild and rowdy kids.

your turn

Today I am Thanfful for

days spent by the pool with my kids, finger foods,and lemonaid.

#18   2013/08/03 07:45AM
    Homesick Cajun

Good Morning!

Today I am grateful, once again, for hot water! The little giggling girl on the phone said the plumbers were finally finished. Not sure I believe her, but we shall see..

I am also grateful I'm not an accountant LOL! I was reconciling my checkbook this morning and found a mistake! It was the good kind of mistake! I love it when I'm wrong in cases like this!!LOL I had entered one of my monthly drafts twice! Yeah!!

Everybody have a great day!!

#19   2013/08/03 03:02PM
    LucyT

Quote LucyT:
    Quote LucyT:

Today I am thankful for:

The first rainshower to fall sense I moved back to my small home town.I loved the way it beat down on my front porch roof and cooled the summer air.Watching my sweet girl nearly teen now run and play in it.

The sounds of the running dishwasher,washer,dryer and a big pot of chicken simmering on my stove its a sound that signafies life is happening here and things are falling into order.

Today I am thankful for

My husband who will be happy even eagor to come home to a mostly picked up home, a sort of pulled together ageing wife,made over left overs and some wild and rowdy kids.

your turn

Today I am Thanfful for

Today I am Thankful for

ice cream bribes that still work even on my teens

people who make me think.ouch

possabilities that still lie ahead

#20   2013/08/04 02:52PM
    LucyT

Quote LucyT:
    Quote LucyT:
    Quote LucyT:

Today I am thankful for:

Today I am thankful for

your turn

Today I am Thanfful for

Today I am Thankful for

ice cream bribes that still work even on my teens

people who make me think.ouch

possabilities that still lie ahead

I am thankful for

a peaceful momment

calm thoughts

happy places in my memories

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list