recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Today I am Thankful

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Today I am Thankful

Started by LucyT at 2013/07/30 11:50AM
    Latest post: 2014/05/01 11:17PM, Views: 2255, Replies: 76
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #1   2013/07/30 11:50AM
    Today I am Thankful
    LucyT

If someone already has this thread started so sorry.

Today I am thankful for:

The first rainshower to fall sense I moved back to my small home town.I loved the way it beat down on my front porch roof and cooled the summer air.Watching my sweet girl nearly teen now run and play in it.

The sounds of the running dishwasher,washer,dryer and a big pot of chicken simmering on my stove its a sound that signafies life is happening here and things are falling into order.

I hope to hear what you all are thanful for today

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/30 11:52AM
    #2   2013/07/30 06:48PM
    Re: Today I am Thankful
    calliope

Aside from the things I am thankful for daily...my family, my pets, my health...I am thankful that pesky storm Dorian has fizzled out!

#3   2013/07/30 07:26PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope: Aside from the things I am thankful for daily...my family, my pets, my health...I am thankful that pesky storm Dorian has fizzled out!

how many pets and what kind if you don't mind me asking?

#4   2013/07/31 03:26AM
    Homesick Cajun

LucyT What a wonderful idea!! This is something I TRY to do every day. Some (most) days I forget.

Today I am grateful that Paul was able to get home from Texas early and safely.

I am VERY grateful for hot water these days LOL!

I am grateful my two babies (dachshunds) are sleeping late lol longer they sleep, less they bark at the wind!
    Dega is the male, Bristol is the female. SPOILED beyond belief! Will be VERY GRATEFUL when Bristol is no longer in heat lol so I don't have to keep them separated. Don't want puppies this go round. Recently did that. Not again soon. I don't know about her, but I'm STILL tired!!!

#5   2013/07/31 04:31AM
    Homesick Cajun

Had to come back!

Also grateful for nice people.

They seem to be in short supply some days...

#6   2013/07/31 05:35AM
    calliope

Quote LucyT:
    Quote calliope: Aside from the things I am thankful for daily...my family, my pets, my health...I am thankful that pesky storm Dorian has fizzled out!

I have 2 Cairn Terriers ( one is 14 today), a Cavelier King Charles and Bichon mix, 2 cats and my son's cat is here now also. Too many for my little place but can't imagine being without them!

#7   2013/07/31 11:45AM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: LucyT What a wonderful idea!! This is something I TRY to do every day. Some (most) days I forget.

I am grateful my two babies (dachshunds) are sleeping late lol longer they sleep, less they bark at the wind!
    Dega is the male, Bristol is the female. SPOILED beyond belief! Will be VERY GRATEFUL when Bristol is no longer in heat lol so I don't have to keep them separated. Don't want puppies this go round. Recently did that. Not again soon. I don't know about her, but I'm STILL tired!!!

I love dachshunds grew up with two. Dega and Bristol how did you come up with those names. I like them are animals always end up with names like fluffy {cat} or popular movie character names like darth{cat} and Bella{fish} jacob didn't make it.Then we have our lab Agetha and our sweet mutt Lucy my daughter idea oh and the barn cats sinn,sinny,and sammy We have a zoo.

#8   2013/07/31 12:16PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope:
    Quote LucyT:

I have 2 Cairn Terriers ( one is 14 today), a Cavelier King Charles and Bichon mix, 2 cats and my son's cat is here now also. Too many for my little place but can't imagine being without them!

14, that is wonderful! our mutt has a lot of terrier in her we think she is so sweet.

Our dogs are a lot of work especially the lab she is 7 months old and keeps everyone on there toes.I love her to death though.I wouln't want anything to happen to any of them.I wouldn't mind a dog nanny though

#9   2013/07/31 12:23PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote LucyT:
    Quote Homesick Cajun: LucyT What a wonderful idea!! This is something I TRY to do every day. Some (most) days I forget.

I love dachshunds grew up with two. Dega and Bristol how did you come up with those names. I like them are animals always end up with names like fluffy {cat} or popular movie character names like darth{cat} and Bella{fish} jacob didn't make it.Then we have our lab Agetha and our sweet mutt Lucy my daughter idea oh and the barn cats sinn,sinny,and sammy We have a zoo.

I grew up with a dachshund too! His name was Troy. They are truly great dogs. So smart!!

Dega is short for Talladega. They are both named after race tracks! LOL There is a race track at Talladega, Al., that we used to go to the races there every year when we were in Louisiana. There is a track in Bristol, Tn. I've never been to that one but love the races at that track on tv. We used to be huge Nascar fans. After Dale Earnhardt Sr. was killed in the race at Daytona, we really don't follow it much anymore. Still watch on weekends but just not as exciting for us as it used to be.

Bristol had puppies in May. 3 beautiful girls. They were SO CUTE!!! I got WAY too attached! Cried when they went to their new homes. But they all have great homes. I keep in touch. I called them Dover, Sonoma and Charlotte. Of course, all race tracks! LOL

#10   2013/07/31 12:23PM
    LucyT

Quote LucyT: If someone already has this thread started so sorry.

Today I am thankful for:

The first rainshower to fall sense I moved back to my small home town.I loved the way it beat down on my front porch roof and cooled the summer air.Watching my sweet girl nearly teen now run and play in it.

The sounds of the running dishwasher,washer,dryer and a big pot of chicken simmering on my stove its a sound that signafies life is happening here and things are falling into order.

I hope to hear what you all are thanful for today

Today I am thankful for

My husband who will be happy even eagor to come home to a mostly picked up home, a sort of pulled together ageing wife,made over left overs and some wild and rowdy kids.

your turn

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/31 12:26PM
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list