recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/25 10:09AM, Views: 14126, Replies: 820
    « 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 » »| page:
    #791   2014/03/26 06:08PM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    calliope

Where have we all been?
    I am having a busy week training my replacement.
    I went to celebrate my middle granddaughter's twelfth birthday! Why can't they all stay 4 years old? Saw my great grand baby, he is chubby and beautiful. 4 months old and coming into a delightful personality. Is there anything better than a baby's giggle? Oh I correct myself, I love the first smile a baby gives you!
    Winding up my work life. Exciting yet scary.
    Hope you all have just disappeared because spring is in the air!

#792   2014/03/28 05:10PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope: Where have we all been?
    I am having a busy week training my replacement.
    I went to celebrate my middle granddaughter's twelfth birthday! Why can't they all stay 4 years old? Saw my great grand baby, he is chubby and beautiful. 4 months old and coming into a delightful personality. Is there anything better than a baby's giggle? Oh I correct myself, I love the first smile a baby gives you!
    Winding up my work life. Exciting yet scary.
    Hope you all have just disappeared because spring is in the air!

Calli I have been happily away I spend so much time worrying about the soap world I am missing my real life.I found the people I miss most from my social social media are in total about 6 or 7 and most of them are found right here on this thread.

There is nothing better than a babies giggle,smile and chubby baby cuddles are the greatest gift ever.

I am excited for you, more free time!!!I bet that you will be busier than ever in your semi retirement!

I hope everyone is well and enjoying Spring it is still pretty cold around here in my opinion but I am in the mood for spring cleaning!MY POOR FAMILY!

My menu not in any order is Big Breakfast,Spaghetti,Calypso Fish sandwiches,HomesickCajuns chicken,Pizza, subs,Baked beans and sloppy joe's Now lets see how closely I stick with it.

Sorry, I know I am not inspiring at all!

#793   2014/03/31 08:58AM
    LucyT

Opening day! plans anyone?

Hope it's a great day for all!

#794   2014/03/31 12:43PM
    calliope

Baseball doesn't hold my interest until the series. I know I have a few relatives in Pittsburgh who are at the opener. I grew up hearing it on the radio all the time because my mom and dad followed closely. Just the sound of a baseball game on the radio puts me to sleep!
    I am a football fan though.

#795   2014/03/31 01:31PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope: Baseball doesn't hold my interest until the series. I know I have a few relatives in Pittsburgh who are at the opener. I grew up hearing it on the radio all the time because my mom and dad followed closely. Just the sound of a baseball game on the radio puts me to sleep!
    I am a football fan though.

Calli you and I have that in common Baseball puts me to sleep also but I love to snuggle up lazily next to my hubby while he watches the game.It is a great excuse for a nap.Opening day always makes me feel like summer really will come again also!

Now going to a game is another story
    What would summer be without watching one evening game though.
    BTW should we be worried about the others?

#796   2014/03/31 02:03PM
    calliope

I was wondering where they are too! I know HC said she was cleaning...hope she didn't drown in a bucket!

#797   2014/04/02 08:13PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope: I was wondering where they are too! I know HC said she was cleaning...hope she didn't drown in a bucket!

I am convinced we need to send out a searcher and rescue party!

#798   2014/04/07 02:07PM
    LucyT

I have been abandoned again.

I ate out last night and had some very yummy beer battered fried pretzels.Someone needs to tell me how those are made or I may go broke.

anyone????

#799   2014/04/07 03:42PM
    calliope

Quote LucyT: I have been abandoned again.

I ate out last night and had some very yummy beer battered fried pretzels.Someone needs to tell me how those are made or I may go broke.

anyone????

I thought you were talking about regular pretzels dunked in beer batter and deep fried! Then I looked it up, the beer is in the pretzel batter. I had not heard of it before this. There are a couple of recipes online for it. It sounds like it might be fun to make. Go for it and let me know. I won't be making it because it involves yeast and that scares me off!

#800   2014/04/07 11:35PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope:
    Quote LucyT: I have been abandoned again.

anyone????

I thought you were talking about regular pretzels dunked in beer batter and deep fried! Then I looked it up, the beer is in the pretzel batter. I had not heard of it before this. There are a couple of recipes online for it. It sounds like it might be fun to make. Go for it and let me know. I won't be making it because it involves yeast and that scares me off!

Hi Calliope,I win some lose some when I use yeast.
    I sure miss all the the other posters are they well or do you know?
    How have you been?are you semi retired yet?

We ate at subway tonight.I don't really like subway but my husband wanted it and the kids think it is a real treat to eat out even fast food.My tummy isn't all that happy now.
    Anyway miss you all hope all is well.

« 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list