recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/26 01:32PM, Views: 17085, Replies: 883
    « 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 » »| page:
    #751   2014/03/10 10:26AM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    LucyT

That time change thing is ridiculous I agree!I hate it everytime we spring ahead!

Cali I feel for you.I want to cry everytime I send my husband off to work Mondays seem the hardest for us.
    I must remember how blessed I am to be able to stay home.

We ate at Panda Express this weekend. It WAS o.k..

I am looking back through the posts I have a roast and some chicken I am needing to use.
    What do you do with two pork chops when there is seven mouths to feed?I wonder if they could be used in a potatoe soup?

I hope you all have the best day.It looks like it may be warming up here FINALLY!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/03/10 10:27AM
    #752   2014/03/10 12:37PM
    calliope

Sure you could! That's the beauty of most soups. Add what you have. Pork is also great meat for spaghetti sauce. Brown the chops and make the sauce in the pan you browned in. Good flavor.

#753   2014/03/10 03:41PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope: Sure you could! That's the beauty of most soups. Add what you have. Pork is also great meat for spaghetti sauce. Brown the chops and make the sauce in the pan you browned in. Good flavor.

Thanks calliope that sound delicious.

#754   2014/03/10 04:14PM
    calliope

Quote LucyT:
    Quote calliope: Sure you could! That's the beauty of most soups. Add what you have. Pork is also great meat for spaghetti sauce. Brown the chops and make the sauce in the pan you browned in. Good flavor.

Thanks calliope that sound delicious.

And leave the bones in while the sauce simmers.
    I am meh on Chinese. I have to really be in the mood for it. (I'm afraid all those cat stories have stuck in the back of my mind).
    The weather here is great now. But with the time change I am in shock that it is 7:00 now and I am still sitting on the porch with a watery vodka tonic. Too light to be 7:00!

#755   2014/03/13 04:13AM
    LucyT

Hi all,Hope everyone is healthy and happy today.I don't know how the days get away from me. Not much new in my life.Pizza ,subs,and salads mostly as usual around here.Last night we ate oatmeal,toast,fried eggs,and grapefruit for dinner.Yes I was lazy! Today I am thinking grilled cheese sandwiches and carrot stix feels like a lunch to me.Clearly no inspiration to be found in my food choices.

I know it's a little early but do any of you have weekend plans?"PLANS " I laugh at myself the thought!

#756   2014/03/14 05:37AM
    calliope

All of a sudden it is Friday!
    Plans? Nope, not a one. I should take one of the dogs to the groomer but I haven't made an appointment yet. It is such a hassle to get out the door with just one dog.
    I am sitting at my desk eating a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit from McDonalds! I never do that but I didn't have dinner last night so figured it was ok. So good and greasy!
    The only food plan I have for the weekend is some chili I have in the freezer. Exciting huh?
    Everyone have a great day!

#757   2014/03/14 07:58AM
    Homesick Cajun

Hi All!

Thought I'd check in. Lucy, no plans here. We're both fighting colds. So tonight's dinner will be whatever you can find leftover in the fridge. If I start feeling a lot better, I might make a pizza. I got a new pizza stone that I want to try out. DH is in Texas and last night he said he was feeling much better so that gives me hope that this isn't something that will drag on. He had it first and shared it with me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday! I'm going to be lazy today. It's cloudy, overcast with a chance of rain and storms. Looks like a good day to hold down the couch!

#758   2014/03/14 04:39PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope: All of a sudden it is Friday!
    Plans? Nope, not a one. I should take one of the dogs to the groomer but I haven't made an appointment yet. It is such a hassle to get out the door with just one dog.
    I am sitting at my desk eating a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit from McDonalds! I never do that but I didn't have dinner last night so figured it was ok. So good and greasy!
    The only food plan I have for the weekend is some chili I have in the freezer. Exciting huh?
    Everyone have a great day!

Bacon egg and cheese biscuits or steak egg and cheese bagels are my favorite McDonald's menu items.
    I like the breakfast far better than the lunch menu also.

I haven't any plans either.My sons birthday is this weekend he,his dad and some friends are going to a big mall and an obscure movie that is playing in only a few city theaters.I am on doggie daycare duty.LOL he will not leave his dog at home alone for more than a few hrs.I hope that means he will be a good daddy someday.My guess is it means I will be on babysitting duty

My daughters will be home with me so we will be having fried eggs and asparagus.My men hate that meal and we love it.

#759   2014/03/14 04:43PM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Hi All!

Thought I'd check in. Lucy, no plans here. We're both fighting colds. So tonight's dinner will be whatever you can find leftover in the fridge. If I start feeling a lot better, I might make a pizza. I got a new pizza stone that I want to try out. DH is in Texas and last night he said he was feeling much better so that gives me hope that this isn't something that will drag on. He had it first and shared it with me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday! I'm going to be lazy today. It's cloudy, overcast with a chance of rain and storms. Looks like a good day to hold down the couch!

I am sorry you are feeling bad.I hope the couch doesn't wiggle out from under you Most likely your babies will keep you busy.

Rest and get well.I need all your foodie inspiration.

#760   2014/03/15 07:01AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote LucyT:
    Quote Homesick Cajun: Hi All!

I am sorry you are feeling bad.I hope the couch doesn't wiggle out from under you Most likely your babies will keep you busy.

Rest and get well.I need all your foodie inspiration.

I had help holding down the couch. Both "kids" were more than willing to snuggle and nap with me.

Much better today, and you know how I can tell? I'm in the mood to cook and can't decide what I want to make today. For the past few days, cooking didn't interest me in the least! Sure sign I'm sick!

« 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list