recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/26 01:32PM, Views: 17810, Replies: 883
    « 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 » »| page:
    #741   2014/03/08 07:18AM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    calliope

Chilly morning here in S FL. It will probably be our last one for this season.
    Lucy what soaps do you watch? I see your post on B&B but do you watch any others? I have been watching GH but not real closely. I no longer watch B&B but do read the updates.
    Nothing interesting here this weekend. I am taking my tax stuff to my SIL, completely forgot about taxes!
    It seems to me that we usually had applesauce and pickles on the table when my kids were little. My youngest son went through a period of eating nothing but pickled beets and wieners or grilled cheese. He was my picky eater but now is the more adventuresome eater. Anyway, pickled beets were a staple on the table too.
    Have a great weekend everyone. Happy eating!

#742   2014/03/08 05:50PM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Good Saturday morning all!

Lucy, I haven't watched Y&R in about six weeks now. I really only come to the board to post in here anymore. I'm watching Days and really enjoying it, but can't decide if I want to participate in that board or not. So I know what you mean about being unhappy with your soaps! But I miss you when you don't drop by in here!

We don't really have anything that is always on the table. Since it's just the two of us, our meals are really informal. My coffee table is an antique Japanese dining table and we sit around it when DH is home. Otherwise I sit at my desk to eat when he's not here. Although, he does grab his bottle of Frank's red hot an awful lot. Guess I don't get some things spicy enough!

Last night we had flounder. It was terrible. I don't know what happened to it. I think the fish was mishandled during shipping and had thawed and refrozen at some point. It completely disintegrated when I cooked it! So we laughed and made silly jokes about how bad it was. Then we had cereal.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

sorry about the fish at least you can laugh about it.What cereal did you eat?I want to do cereal for dinner.

#743   2014/03/08 05:57PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope: Chilly morning here in S FL. It will probably be our last one for this season.
    Lucy what soaps do you watch? I see your post on B&B but do you watch any others? I have been watching GH but not real closely. I no longer watch B&B but do read the updates.
    Nothing interesting here this weekend. I am taking my tax stuff to my SIL, completely forgot about taxes!
    It seems to me that we usually had applesauce and pickles on the table when my kids were little. My youngest son went through a period of eating nothing but pickled beets and wieners or grilled cheese. He was my picky eater but now is the more adventuresome eater. Anyway, pickled beets were a staple on the table too.
    Have a great weekend everyone. Happy eating!

Primarily B&B,y&r used to be my only daily soap for a long period. not trying to start a soap war or anything but I am just not as interested now. I watch #GH a lot now even though I should spend the time doing more productive things.I grew up on CBS soaps all of them.I love Dallas now also.Not sure how well it is doing as far as viewership.

#744   2014/03/08 06:12PM
    calliope

Quote LucyT:

Lucy, I haven't watched Y&R in about six weeks now. I really only come to the board to post in here anymore. I'm watching Days and really enjoying it, but can't decide if I want to participate in that board or not. So I know what you mean about being unhappy with your soaps! But I miss you when you don't drop by in here!

We don't really have anything that is always on the table. Since it's just the two of us, our meals are really informal. My coffee table is an antique Japanese dining table and we sit around it when DH is home. Otherwise I sit at my desk to eat when he's not here. Although, he does grab his bottle of Frank's red hot an awful lot. Guess I don't get some things spicy enough!

Last night we had flounder. It was terrible. I don't know what happened to it. I think the fish was mishandled during shipping and had thawed and refrozen at some point. It completely disintegrated when I cooked it! So we laughed and made silly jokes about how bad it was. Then we had cereal.

sorry about the fish at least you can laugh about it.What cereal did you eat?I want to do cereal for dinner.

I often eat cereal for dinner. I eat Special K oats and Honey with a banana or berries. I love blackberries but they are so expensive.
    I think we all go through periods where we are bored with soaps. I stopped B&B because I got bored with the same story over and over. I think I would like NuRidge and Aly sounds like she might be interesting! I would go back if they would settle Brooke with someone and end the constant Liam/ Hope and whoever triangle.

#745   2014/03/08 08:01PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope:
    Quote LucyT:

I often eat cereal for dinner. I eat Special K oats and Honey with a banana or berries. I love blackberries but they are so expensive.
    I think we all go through periods where we are bored with soaps. I stopped B&B because I got bored with the same story over and over. I think I would like NuRidge and Aly sounds like she might be interesting! I would go back if they would settle Brooke with someone and end the constant Liam/ Hope and whoever triangle.

I am not a cereal eater normally but I used to love rice chex with bananas.

Yep Brooke needs to be settled that is a nice way to put it!It is time.I know she isn't that old and she looks great but there is so much more they could do with her than have her between men.I get sick of it.The actress has spent her life on B&B it is time to move her into a solid relationship and write her as an adult woman like Katherine on Y&R. Please forgive my rant!

The actress that plays ally is really a strong actress she nearly scared the daylights out of me the other day.I hope she gets written for.

O.K. enough of B&B I want to keep my friends soap talk is nearly as dangerous to a relationship as political views!

#746   2014/03/10 02:24AM
    Homesick Cajun

Good Monday morning!

Okay, I want my hour back now. I really wish they would pick one or another. Either leave it alone or leave it on Daylight Savings all year long. The adjusting is what kills me. YAWN

Lucy, DH loves honey nut Cheerios so that's what was in the house. My personal favorite is Wheaties! But we were out. As for the soap talk, never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that soap characters could be such a hot button issue. Right up there with politics and religion.

Saturday night we had leftovers and last night a London Broil with baked potatoes.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and have a great Monday!

#747   2014/03/10 03:50AM
    calliope

Monday, Monday.

#748   2014/03/10 04:15AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote calliope: Monday, Monday.

Poor baby! I can't wait till you retire!

Btw, do you EVER check your email anymore?

#749   2014/03/10 04:28AM
    calliope

I only have the digital newspaper in my email! Did I miss one?

#750   2014/03/10 04:35AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote calliope: I only have the digital newspaper in my email! Did I miss one?

I've sent you three or four in the past week.

Guess they're lost in space. I'll check on my end.

« 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list