recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/26 01:32PM, Views: 16449, Replies: 883
    « 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 » »| page:
    #631   2014/01/02 07:58PM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote LucyT:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote LucyT:
    Quote Homesick Cajun: Good Morning all!

This is probably just me, but I'm so glad the holidays are over. I'm so confused! I don't know what day it is anymore. DH was home 5, gone 2, home 2, gone 1, home 2 and now gone for 2. Every couple of days feel like Monday to me.

Hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year! Yesterday I baked a ham and of course, had black eyed peas, steamed cabbage and cornbread. Must have the peas and greens! Want that good luck and money for 2014!

Be glad when everyone gets home, calliope, it's entirely too quiet around here!

I agree completely glad the holidays is over and about it being to quite where is everyone?

Only person I know about is calliope. She was out of town but coming home today, so hopefully she'll be back around tomorrow. The Y&R main board has been really dead. Don't know about B&B. I was blaming the holidays but I think there are other factors too......

Glad to know where Calliope is.I haven't been to the Y&R board for a while kind of up set about all the losses this past year. B&B seems pretty lively lately but that is probably debatable according to fan base

I just finished dinner. we had cheddar cheese and garlic biscuits with ham and eggs.It was yummy if I do say so myself.

I ate way to much over the holidays.How about the rest of you?

Oh Lucy, that sounds great! I haven't had dinner yet. I'm watching the Sugar Bowl. At halftime I'm going to heat up a leftover Mexican stuffed bell pepper. I made those one night early in the week. Don't remember which night.

I'm upset about the exodus at Y&R too. I visit the B&B board occasionally, but not often. It's nearly always very quiet when I've looked. But at the way Y&R is going, I'll probably be paying more attention to B&B and maybe post there more.

your pepper sound delicious.I need to make some.

#632   2014/01/03 07:50AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote LucyT:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote LucyT:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote LucyT:
    Quote Homesick Cajun: Good Morning all!

This is probably just me, but I'm so glad the holidays are over. I'm so confused! I don't know what day it is anymore. DH was home 5, gone 2, home 2, gone 1, home 2 and now gone for 2. Every couple of days feel like Monday to me.

Hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year! Yesterday I baked a ham and of course, had black eyed peas, steamed cabbage and cornbread. Must have the peas and greens! Want that good luck and money for 2014!

Be glad when everyone gets home, calliope, it's entirely too quiet around here!

I agree completely glad the holidays is over and about it being to quite where is everyone?

Only person I know about is calliope. She was out of town but coming home today, so hopefully she'll be back around tomorrow. The Y&R main board has been really dead. Don't know about B&B. I was blaming the holidays but I think there are other factors too......

Glad to know where Calliope is.I haven't been to the Y&R board for a while kind of up set about all the losses this past year. B&B seems pretty lively lately but that is probably debatable according to fan base

I just finished dinner. we had cheddar cheese and garlic biscuits with ham and eggs.It was yummy if I do say so myself.

I ate way to much over the holidays.How about the rest of you?

Oh Lucy, that sounds great! I haven't had dinner yet. I'm watching the Sugar Bowl. At halftime I'm going to heat up a leftover Mexican stuffed bell pepper. I made those one night early in the week. Don't remember which night.

I'm upset about the exodus at Y&R too. I visit the B&B board occasionally, but not often. It's nearly always very quiet when I've looked. But at the way Y&R is going, I'll probably be paying more attention to B&B and maybe post there more.

your pepper sound delicious.I need to make some.

When I make the Mexican version, I use the same recipe for the stuffing that I use in the Mexican casserole recipe that I posted here. The only thing I did different was not put quite as much salsa in the mix. I didn't want the mixture to be too runny. DH likes this version better than the ground beef stuffed bell peppers. I like both, but the Mexican is a nice change.

#633   2014/01/03 08:00AM
    LucyT

Thank you HomeSickCajun, I am hungry but trying to plan my husbands 50th Birthday party or day.I need breakfast ,to lazy to go fix some LOL He hates party's but it feels so wrong not to have one.He says he is working and not taking off

yes, he is much older than me! Thanks in advance for asking !!

#634   2014/01/03 08:50AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote LucyT: Thank you HomeSickCajun, I am hungry but trying to plan my husbands 50th Birthday party or day.I need breakfast ,to lazy to go fix some LOL He hates party's but it feels so wrong not to have one.He says he is working and not taking off

yes, he is much older than me! Thanks in advance for asking !!

Lucy, I knew he had to be! When is his birthday? Fifty is a big deal! I turned fifty right after hurricane Katrina. Katrina hit at the end of August and my birthday was six weeks later. Me and a couple of friends went to one of the few places that was open. We had to sit outside, there was no air conditioning yet. But we had a blast! Lots of wine and some great seafood. A good time was had by all!

#635   2014/01/03 02:39PM
    calliope

Happy New Year everyone! I got back home yesterday. It was a terribly sad trip but also wonderful to be with 2 of my sisters and my brother's children. There were many tears but also many laughs. I spent NY E with my sisters, probably hasn't happened since I was very young. I am praying 2014 is better to this family of mine than 2013 was. The last 3 months of 2013 just sucked!
    HC I turned 50 in NO also. We were living in the hotel and my son and daughter, along with her 2 little boys, drove in from FL and surprised me. Great 50th. AND we had power! Lucy, you tell your husband he must have a 50th celebration....it is the entrance to adulthood! Promise him you won't have another until his 100th!

#636   2014/01/03 06:39PM
    LucyT

Hi,Calliope,I hope 2014 is better for you also!The things you've been dealt this year are brutal I am so sorry.

My husband's birthday is the 17th. I have a few plans now for if he goes to work that day and I am going to have a surprise party for him a few days before his Birthday.He may kill me
    My kids think he will and my friends think he will but if he lets me live he can pay me back down the road someday

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/01/03 06:42PM
    #637   2014/01/08 03:37AM
    LucyT

O.K.I get it every one's resolution was to eat less dinners.

Taco's
    cheese ball soup
    egg rolls and mac
    pizza
    chicken salad sandwiches

that's my list of things we have been eating.Hope you are all warm and safe.It's a heat wave today 5 am and 22 out that's 32 higher than yesterday!

#638   2014/01/09 07:54AM
    calliope

Hi Lucy! I haven't cooked much of anything since I returned home. I made a tuna noodle casserole Monday and have been eating that! I get in the mood for something like that and then have so much that I get sick of eating it but don't want it to go to waste. I don't like it frozen. Oh well, it pretty much guarantees I won't be making it again for awhile.
    I am in the mood to go out and eat short ribs, gravy and garlic mashed. Hopefully I can talk my son into going with me this weekend. HC, yes I know I could make it but......!

#639   2014/01/09 05:38PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope: Hi Lucy! I haven't cooked much of anything since I returned home. I made a tuna noodle casserole Monday and have been eating that! I get in the mood for something like that and then have so much that I get sick of eating it but don't want it to go to waste. I don't like it frozen. Oh well, it pretty much guarantees I won't be making it again for awhile.
    I am in the mood to go out and eat short ribs, gravy and garlic mashed. Hopefully I can talk my son into going with me this weekend. HC, yes I know I could make it but......!

ribs sound very good.I fixed a beef in the crock pot today we had Manhattans with garlic and mushroom peas for dinner tonight.Last night I fixed chicken parm. served on pasta with Cesar salad and Italian garlic bread.We had cheese cake for dessert.My kitchen looked like a crime scene.I hate cooking.well I hate the mess.I know Homesick Cajun it's half the fun.

where is everyone?

Sledding?

#640   2014/01/09 07:14PM
    calliope

Quote LucyT:
    Quote calliope: Hi Lucy! I haven't cooked much of anything since I returned home. I made a tuna noodle casserole Monday and have been eating that! I get in the mood for something like that and then have so much that I get sick of eating it but don't want it to go to waste. I don't like it frozen. Oh well, it pretty much guarantees I won't be making it again for awhile.

ribs sound very good.I fixed a beef in the crock pot today we had Manhattans with garlic and mushroom peas for dinner tonight.Last night I fixed chicken parm. served on pasta with Cesar salad and Italian garlic bread.We had cheese cake for dessert.My kitchen looked like a crime scene.I hate cooking.well I hate the mess.I know Homesick Cajun it's half the fun.

where is everyone?

Sledding?

What do you mean Manhattans? The only Manhattans I know of are drinks and I can't imagine them with garlic!!
    I think HC is taking a break. Turmoil a Y&R.

« 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list