recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/20 07:11AM, Views: 13978, Replies: 815
    « 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 » »| page:
    #621   2013/12/25 02:18AM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    StinkyCat

Merry Christmas everyone!
    I have been very busy so not cooking wonderful things like you all, but I come in and enjoy your conversations.

#622   2013/12/25 05:57AM
    Homesick Cajun

Merry Christmas everyone!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Calliope, so sorry about your brother and SIL. You really have had a hard year. I know that new baby is helping greatly! They always do. I'm sure Santa Calliope went all out!

Stinky, good to see you too! Please visit more often!

Lucy, no doubt you got it all done! When my nephews were small, I can remember those late night Christmas eve wrapping sessions and putting toys together. Children are really what make the season magic to me.

Calypso, I'm sure your having a beautiful day. I hope your weather is great for the occasion. We had snow early in the week and had hoped for a white Christmas, but it's all melted now.

Everyone have a wonderful Christmas day!

#623   2013/12/25 07:32PM
    LucyT

9:30 PM another Christmas nearly at the end!
    Now for the New Years party and my husbands 50th shortly after.

I hope you all are Happy Healthy and full of peace right now.

GOOD NIGHT ALL!

#624   2013/12/30 09:27AM
    LucyT

New Years Eve plans anyone? New years used to means drinks and games with friends, snuggling with my husband after.Now that we have children our home has become the childrens party house.I love it because I know where my kids are and they are not on the street.I hate it because I have to plan it and keep it fresh and fun as they grow into adults.

At least junk food is easy!!!!

What will you all be doing for New Years eve?

#625   2013/12/31 04:03AM
    Homesick Cajun

Happy New Years Eve Everyone!

Lucy, our New Years always revolves around the college football bowl schedule. Today, I'm making the Mexican meat mixture that I use in my layered Mexican casserole. It's great as a dip too. I'm going to have that and some flour tortillas and stuff some peppers with some of it so we can snack during football. After the Chick-fil-a bowl is over tonight, I'll be down for the count so I can get up bright and early and get my ham in the oven before the Gator bowl kicks off!

I'm in heaven with college football this time of year. I've never been one to go out on New Years Eve. Gets in the way of my bowl games. And I truly hate trying to watch football with a lot of other people. Especially those that don't know about the game and think they do, those are the worst, or want to talk about things other than football. I love college football as much as I love to cook! Can you tell?

So that's my New Years! I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's mine! I'll be in mourning this time next week when it's all over. But, there's always next year!

You have a Happy New Year and don't eat too much junk food!!

#626   2014/01/02 05:06AM
    Homesick Cajun

Good Morning all!

This is probably just me, but I'm so glad the holidays are over. I'm so confused! I don't know what day it is anymore. DH was home 5, gone 2, home 2, gone 1, home 2 and now gone for 2. Every couple of days feel like Monday to me.

Hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year! Yesterday I baked a ham and of course, had black eyed peas, steamed cabbage and cornbread. Must have the peas and greens! Want that good luck and money for 2014!

Be glad when everyone gets home, calliope, it's entirely too quiet around here!

#627   2014/01/02 03:21PM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Good Morning all!

This is probably just me, but I'm so glad the holidays are over. I'm so confused! I don't know what day it is anymore. DH was home 5, gone 2, home 2, gone 1, home 2 and now gone for 2. Every couple of days feel like Monday to me.

Hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year! Yesterday I baked a ham and of course, had black eyed peas, steamed cabbage and cornbread. Must have the peas and greens! Want that good luck and money for 2014!

I agree completely glad the holidays is over and about it being to quite where is everyone?

#628   2014/01/02 03:45PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote LucyT:

I agree completely glad the holidays is over and about it being to quite where is everyone?

Only person I know about is calliope. She was out of town but coming home today, so hopefully she'll be back around tomorrow. The Y&R main board has been really dead. Don't know about B&B. I was blaming the holidays but I think there are other factors too......

#629   2014/01/02 06:03PM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote LucyT:

Only person I know about is calliope. She was out of town but coming home today, so hopefully she'll be back around tomorrow. The Y&R main board has been really dead. Don't know about B&B. I was blaming the holidays but I think there are other factors too......

Glad to know where Calliope is.I haven't been to the Y&R board for a while kind of up set about all the losses this past year. B&B seems pretty lively lately but that is probably debatable according to fan base

I just finished dinner. we had cheddar cheese and garlic biscuits with ham and eggs.It was yummy if I do say so myself.

I ate way to much over the holidays.How about the rest of you?

#630   2014/01/02 06:33PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote LucyT:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote LucyT:

Glad to know where Calliope is.I haven't been to the Y&R board for a while kind of up set about all the losses this past year. B&B seems pretty lively lately but that is probably debatable according to fan base

I just finished dinner. we had cheddar cheese and garlic biscuits with ham and eggs.It was yummy if I do say so myself.

I ate way to much over the holidays.How about the rest of you?

Oh Lucy, that sounds great! I haven't had dinner yet. I'm watching the Sugar Bowl. At halftime I'm going to heat up a leftover Mexican stuffed bell pepper. I made those one night early in the week. Don't remember which night.

I'm upset about the exodus at Y&R too. I visit the B&B board occasionally, but not often. It's nearly always very quiet when I've looked. But at the way Y&R is going, I'll probably be paying more attention to B&B and maybe post there more.

« 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list