recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/17 04:46AM, Views: 12486, Replies: 806
    « 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 » »| page:
    #581   2013/12/04 05:23AM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    Homesick Cajun

Quote LucyT: I hope it turns out because it sounds yummy!

I fixed jambalaya from a box We got sick LOL

Zatarain's red beans and rice is really quite good. It is spicy though. But, I've been known to have DH pick that up on busy days when I didn't have time to make something else.

#582   2013/12/04 05:30AM
    Homesick Cajun

Well, last night we had my chicken experiment. One of my better experiments, if I do say so myself.

First I very lightly floured the chicken, then seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon pepper, paprika, Italian seasoning, oregano and basil. Sauteed some fresh mushrooms in butter and poured them over. Chopped some fresh parsley and added that. Put about 1/2 cup chicken broth in the bottom of the pan. Covered and baked for about an hour. Then uncovered put mozzarella cheese and baked about fifteen minutes more. Think that's all I did.

But, I definitely plan to attempt to recreate. I really should make notes when I experiment. LOL Short term memory is a thing of the past.

#583   2013/12/04 09:23AM
    calliope

Quote Homesick Cajun:

Zatarain's red beans and rice is really quite good. It is spicy though. But, I've been known to have DH pick that up on busy days when I didn't have time to make something else.

My son loves their dirty rice.

#584   2013/12/04 10:23AM
    LucyT

Quote calliope:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:

My son loves their dirty rice.

I didn't use that brand we have before and loves it.Today I have sick kids so it may have not been the food

#585   2013/12/04 10:24AM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Well, last night we had my chicken experiment. One of my better experiments, if I do say so myself.

First I very lightly floured the chicken, then seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon pepper, paprika, Italian seasoning, oregano and basil. Sauteed some fresh mushrooms in butter and poured them over. Chopped some fresh parsley and added that. Put about 1/2 cup chicken broth in the bottom of the pan. Covered and baked for about an hour. Then uncovered put mozzarella cheese and baked about fifteen minutes more. Think that's all I did.

But, I definitely plan to attempt to recreate. I really should make notes when I experiment. LOL Short term memory is a thing of the past.

I am going to try this soon not today.

thank you!

#586   2013/12/08 11:37PM
    LucyT

My husband and I went out for Mexican food and Christmas shopping tonight.I planned on making a Lasagna and salad with bread sticks so that will be Mondays dinner now.

I hope you all had a warm and safe weekend even though I may be the only snow bunny on board here

#587   2013/12/10 05:25AM
    LucyT

Last nights dinner was gobbled up by all my family.Now I know the secret do not feed the all day and they will eat dinner.

Going shopping for most of my Christmas meal and baking needs today.

For those who celebrate what is your tradition?

#588   2013/12/10 10:46AM
    Calypso

Hi Lucy,
    I am Swedish, so we have a great dinner on Christmas Eve.....
    We have Swedish meatballs@gravy (my Nana's recipe) served with a potato casserole, cucumbers with dill dressing lingonberry sauce, and limpa bread( a Swedish dark bread with a zest on orange), plus lots of Swedish cookies....
    We also open a few presents.....

On Christmas Day we have pastries and fruit while we open presents with champagne.......Christmas dinner is usually a beef tenderloin roast with mashed potatoes, and some kind of salad....Dessert this year is angel food cake with chocolate whipped cream frosting.

What do you do?

#589   2013/12/10 12:58PM
    calliope

Gee I feel like I haven't been to the Lounge in ages. Had a busy weekend and with Christmas coming I guess it will stay that way. I just realized yesterday that I only have 2 weekends left to do my shopping. I don't go after work because I don't like dark parking lots when I am alone.
    My heart isn't in it this year but I have grand kids so I need to kick myself to get a bit of spirit.
    I hope you are all having a great day and you are completely prepared for Christmas!

#590   2013/12/13 07:33AM
    LucyT

Quote calliope: Gee I feel like I haven't been to the Lounge in ages. Had a busy weekend and with Christmas coming I guess it will stay that way. I just realized yesterday that I only have 2 weekends left to do my shopping. I don't go after work because I don't like dark parking lots when I am alone.
    My heart isn't in it this year but I have grand kids so I need to kick myself to get a bit of spirit.
    I hope you are all having a great day and you are completely prepared for Christmas!

Hi Calli I have been missing you. Grand kids /young children have a way of dragging hope out of us when we feel down.I hope you get to spend a lot of "fun time" with your little ones over the Holiday.

« 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list