recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/08/27 09:14AM, Views: 14959, Replies: 848
    « 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 » »| page:
    #571   2013/11/30 03:07PM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    Calypso

Quote LucyT:
    Quote Homesick Cajun: Good morning all!

Hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving.

Calliope, honey, you're making some of us worried now. Not like you to just disappear on us without a word. If you can, email me and let me know you're okay and so we'll stop worrying. Miss you much!

Lucy, forgot to mention in the dressing recipe, don't use Jiffy cornbread for that. It's too sweet. It's still good, but it's not real cornbread dressing that way. I've done it and much as I love Jiffy cornbread it's really not as good.

We had a great day, turkey with all the sides. This morning I feel like I ran a marathon trying to get everything ready. But it all turned out, so I'm tired but happy.

Now ready for some more football! LSU plays Arkansas this afternoon. Needless to say, looking forward to that!

Everybody have a great holiday weekend!

I didn't use Jiffy I had some other brand on hand that my husband picked up.We always use Jiffy so that was lucky.

I am so stuffed and sleepy still.Everything was good pie crust a little to done but my family claimed they likes it better that way.

My husband and I took the kids to a 10:00 am movie today only $4.00 per person we only spent about $70.00.
    My husband and the 3 boys watched the new Hunger Games Catching Fire.They loved it.
    The 2 girls and I watched Frozen I LOVED IT!!!!! I really did!Adorable.

Caliope not to be a pest but I am missing and thinking about you.I hope you are enjoying the new grand baby.

I hope the rest of my treasured What's for dinner? group is also having a lovely weekend.

Tell me your favorite Thanksgiving left over recipes concoctions?

How about a chopped turkey, stuffing, and vegetable fritata served with mashed potato pancakes.

#572   2013/11/30 03:44PM
    calliope

Quote LucyT:

Calliope, honey, you're making some of us worried now. Not like you to just disappear on us without a word. If you can, email me and let me know you're okay and so we'll stop worrying. Miss you much!

Lucy, forgot to mention in the dressing recipe, don't use Jiffy cornbread for that. It's too sweet. It's still good, but it's not real cornbread dressing that way. I've done it and much as I love Jiffy cornbread it's really not as good.

We had a great day, turkey with all the sides. This morning I feel like I ran a marathon trying to get everything ready. But it all turned out, so I'm tired but happy.

Now ready for some more football! LSU plays Arkansas this afternoon. Needless to say, looking forward to that!

I didn't use Jiffy I had some other brand on hand that my husband picked up.We always use Jiffy so that was lucky.

I am so stuffed and sleepy still.Everything was good pie crust a little to done but my family claimed they likes it better that way.

My husband and I took the kids to a 10:00 am movie today only $4.00 per person we only spent about $70.00.
    My husband and the 3 boys watched the new Hunger Games Catching Fire.They loved it.

Caliope not to be a pest but I am missing and thinking about you.I hope you are enjoying the new grand baby.

I hope the rest of my treasured What's for dinner? group is also having a lovely weekend.

I make a very unimaginative casserole that I think my family loved more than the dinner. It's just a layer of turkey, a layer of stuffing, spoon gravy over it and repeat layers ending with stuffing and gravy on top. I would sometimes add corn. Just be sure you have enough gravy to keep it moist. Don't tell anyone but if I didn't have enough real gravy I would mix it with jarred gravy.

#573   2013/11/30 05:53PM
    LucyT

Quote Calypso:
    Quote LucyT:

How about a chopped turkey, stuffing, and vegetable fritata served with mashed potato pancakes.

I new you would come up with something yummy.

#574   2013/11/30 05:55PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope:
    Quote LucyT:

I make a very unimaginative casserole that I think my family loved more than the dinner. It's just a layer of turkey, a layer of stuffing, spoon gravy over it and repeat layers ending with stuffing and gravy on top. I would sometimes add corn. Just be sure you have enough gravy to keep it moist. Don't tell anyone but if I didn't have enough real gravy I would mix it with jarred gravy.

that sounds good also.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/30 05:57PM
    #575   2013/12/01 02:40AM
    Homesick Cajun

Good morning and hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend! I know we have been. Fantastic weekend for football! Fantastic finishes! Last second comeback wins! All that thrills this old heart of mine!

Lucy, as for what to do with leftovers, we love Shepherds pie so that's what I do with the leftover veggies and mashed potatoes. As for the turkey carcass and leftover turkey, it's a long standing tradition in my home to make seafood gumbo with that. I don't have everything to make the gumbo, so I'm making the base today to freeze for when I have everything I need. But, my mom started that when I was a child and I've continued that tradition. It makes great gumbo!

Everybody have a safe and happy rest of your weekend!

#576   2013/12/02 12:50AM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Good morning and hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend! I know we have been. Fantastic weekend for football! Fantastic finishes! Last second comeback wins! All that thrills this old heart of mine!

Lucy, as for what to do with leftovers, we love Shepherds pie so that's what I do with the leftover veggies and mashed potatoes. As for the turkey carcass and leftover turkey, it's a long standing tradition in my home to make seafood gumbo with that. I don't have everything to make the gumbo, so I'm making the base today to freeze for when I have everything I need. But, my mom started that when I was a child and I've continued that tradition. It makes great gumbo!

Everybody have a safe and happy rest of your weekend!

My husband loves Shephards pie.I have never made gumbo
    Hope your Monday and the rest of the week is safe and happy.

#577   2013/12/03 06:19AM
    Homesick Cajun

Good morning all! Hard to get back in the swing of things after the long holiday weekend. Hope ya'll had a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

We finally finished off leftovers so last night we had barbecued pork steaks with baked beans and garlic bread.

Have some chicken breasts marinating in buttermilk for tonight. Going to try an experiment with them involving fresh mushrooms, fresh parsley and mozzarella cheese. Will let you know how it turns out. Fingers crossed!

#578   2013/12/03 08:44AM
    LucyT

I hope it turns out because it sounds yummy!

I fixed jambalaya from a box We got sick LOL

#579   2013/12/03 12:09PM
    calliope

Quote LucyT: I hope it turns out because it sounds yummy!

Haha! Everyone? I have fixed Lusianne gumbo from a box and added shrimp. Not bad but sure not the real thing!
    I hope everyone's tummies have returned to normal!

#580   2013/12/03 03:47PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope:
    Quote LucyT: I hope it turns out because it sounds yummy!

Haha! Everyone? I have fixed Lusianne gumbo from a box and added shrimp. Not bad but sure not the real thing!
    I hope everyone's tummies have returned to normal!

O.K. mostly I got sick and my husband maybe to old for spicy msg filled box meals.

We had homemade chicken noodle soup tonight.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/03 03:49PM
    « 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list