recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/25 10:09AM, Views: 14151, Replies: 820
    « 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 » »| page:
    #551   2013/11/22 01:28PM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    LucyT

I have everything bought except fresh produce for Thanksgiving!!! My son and daughter both want to go to Chuck e cheese and a music store close to chuck e cheeses for their B day party so that is easy if not cheep LOL not terrible though if the drive wasn't so far.

Still haven't got the KARAOKE PARTY planned! It may be A NEW YEARS/birthday make up party at the rate I am moving on that one.I feel like a rotten mom poor middle kids!!

Now what is left???OH,my oldest sons early graduation party,Christmas and all that goes along with that,my husbands 50 party!!! HELP PEOPLE!!!!

#552   2013/11/23 08:01AM
    Homesick Cajun

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Lucy, this is my mom's cornbread dressing recipe. This makes a lot. I cut this in half for us.

Chop up and saute 3 or 4 stalks celery, 1 bunch green onions, 1 sweet onion, 2 or 3 cloves of garlic and several sprigs of parsley.

Crumble french bread (I like the crusty. If I can't find it plain croutons or toast will do) with cornbread in a buttered casserole dish. Add sauteed seasoning. Add one or two eggs and mix. Add enough broth (chicken or turkey) to make the mixture kinda soupy. Salt and pepper to taste. Add a pinch or two of poultry seasoning. Put a couple of pats of butter on top.

Bake at 350 for approximately one hour.

When I make it with the turkey broth, I chop up the giblets and add them as well. Usually I just use chicken broth. Since it's only the two of us, I normally bake a turkey breast so I don't have the giblets. But either way is good.

Enjoy!

#553   2013/11/23 09:01AM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Lucy, this is my mom's cornbread dressing recipe. This makes a lot. I cut this in half for us.

Chop up and saute 3 or 4 stalks celery, 1 bunch green onions, 1 sweet onion, 2 or 3 cloves of garlic and several sprigs of parsley.

Crumble french bread (I like the crusty. If I can't find it plain croutons or toast will do) with cornbread in a buttered casserole dish. Add sauteed seasoning. Add one or two eggs and mix. Add enough broth (chicken or turkey) to make the mixture kinda soupy. Salt and pepper to taste. Add a pinch or two of poultry seasoning. Put a couple of pats of butter on top.

Bake at 350 for approximately one hour.

When I make it with the turkey broth, I chop up the giblets and add them as well. Usually I just use chicken broth. Since it's only the two of us, I normally bake a turkey breast so I don't have the giblets. But either way is good.

Enjoy!

Thank you!!!!!

#554   2013/11/24 03:04PM
    calliope

Homesick....how is your weather? Are you iced? My brother is near Ft Worth and they are expecting bad ice. Know it was coming from your area. Hope you and DH are home and cozy!

#555   2013/11/25 03:27AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote calliope: Homesick....how is your weather? Are you iced? My brother is near Ft Worth and they are expecting bad ice. Know it was coming from your area. Hope you and DH are home and cozy!

Thanks calliope. Yeah, it's really bad here too. Yesterday Interstate 40 that runs through here was closed most of the day. And it is COLD!! DH left early this morning going to Colorado. I'm on pins and needles about the roads. So all I have to snuggle up with and keep warm are the "kids". And believe me, it's more than a two dog night right now. LOL Hope DH doesn't get stuck somewhere, I'd hate to have to eat all of this pecan pie I'm making for Thanksgiving all by myself.

#556   2013/11/26 05:49AM
    Homesick Cajun

I've been procrastinating about Thanksgiving. Can't believe it's only two days away.

Am I the only one? Or are ya'll all ready and waiting for the big day? I'd like to think I'm not the only one. LOL

Calliope, Lucy, haven't seen you guys around, hope that just means your busy little bees!

#557   2013/11/26 08:51AM
    sgtppr

Quote Homesick Cajun: I've been procrastinating about Thanksgiving. Can't believe it's only two days away.

Am I the only one? Or are ya'll all ready and waiting for the big day? I'd like to think I'm not the only one. LOL

Calliope, Lucy, haven't seen you guys around, hope that just means your busy little bees!

Happy T'Day all. Hubby and I have decided to ditch tradition this year. We are going to have a savory french toast and bloody marys instead of the bird. Of course, we will still watch Alice's Restaurant.....can't miss Arlo!

#558   2013/11/26 09:48AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote sgtppr:
    Quote Homesick Cajun: I've been procrastinating about Thanksgiving. Can't believe it's only two days away.

Happy T'Day all. Hubby and I have decided to ditch tradition this year. We are going to have a savory french toast and bloody marys instead of the bird. Of course, we will still watch Alice's Restaurant.....can't miss Arlo!

Hi sgtppr! I sent DH to the grocery to pick up a few more things I needed, thank goodness he saw the egg nog while he was there. You're idea for Thanksgiving sounds great to me, and a lot less trouble than what I'm doing.

When my mom was alive, one of her favorite songs was Alice's Restaurant. Have to go find it on you tube now. Great memories! Have a great Thanksgiving! Good to see you!

#559   2013/11/26 10:43AM
    Calypso

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

The Captain and I are going to my cousin's house for dinner on Thanksgiving. so I'm not making the dinner, might make a turkey breast later so we have the leftovers....I'm in charge of pies, so I'm making a pumpkin pie with a crumbly topping and a rustic apple pie. I will also bring shrimp for part of the hors d'oeuvres and flowers for a centerpiece, plus wine.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

#560   2013/11/27 04:46PM
    LucyT

Happy Thanksgiving all!!!!

I like everyone have been crazy busy!
    My kids are making cheese balls right now as I type!
    We had a power outage today for hours not only was it getting cold we got no cooking done!!!!

All your plans sound like great fun!!

Caliope I haven't read your plans maybe I missed them.
    I will have to look up Alice's restaurant never heard of it.

Thank you again HomsickCajun for the corn bread dressing recipe!!!!

« 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list