recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/26 01:32PM, Views: 18379, Replies: 883
    « 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 » »| page:
    #441   2013/10/19 08:12AM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    calliope

Lucy, I saw a post on FB the other day I loved. You can identify. There was a drawing of a women sitting with her head down in her arms at a table. The caption was "why do they want dinner every single night?" I remember those times!

#442   2013/10/19 04:46PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope: Lucy, I saw a post on FB the other day I loved. You can identify. There was a drawing of a women sitting with her head down in her arms at a table. The caption was "why do they want dinner every single night?" I remember those times!

You found my FB page!LOL

I am eating beef stew for the third week in a row just because I remembered the recipe and ingredients when I was shopping.

#443   2013/10/20 12:25PM
    Calypso

Beautiful fall day here!!

For Sunday dinner I'm making eye of the round roast beef. I roast it with fresh thyme, garlic and olive oil. Can't be cooked too long or it will get tough, as it's a very lean piece of meat. Served with pan gravy and mushroom, whipped sweet potatoes, and roasted asparagus. When I serve the asparagus I pour on a little vidalia onion salad dressing and a few seasoned black olives. I also made a rustic apple pie. Perfect fall dinner for after the football game.

#444   2013/10/20 05:15PM
    calliope

Quote Calypso: Beautiful fall day here!!

For Sunday dinner I'm making eye of the round roast beef. I roast it with fresh thyme, garlic and olive oil. Can't be cooked too long or it will get tough, as it's a very lean piece of meat. Served with pan gravy and mushroom, whipped sweet potatoes, and roasted asparagus. When I serve the asparagus I pour on a little vidalia onion salad dressing and a few seasoned black olives. I also made a rustic apple pie. Perfect fall dinner for after the football game.

Oh that sounds soooo good!

#445   2013/10/20 08:45PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope:
    Quote Calypso: Beautiful fall day here!!

Oh that sounds soooo good!

It does sound good!
    We had hot dogs, trunk or treat candy, and popcorn that counts right?

#446   2013/10/21 09:41AM
    Homesick Cajun

Good Monday morning!

I was in an Italian mood this weekend so Saturday I made pizza and yesterday I made an Italian Fettucini Casserole. This recipe was based on one I found on line. Since I'm incapable of following recipes, this was the end result.

Ground beef cooked with onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic. Add one can of tomatoes, one can tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, rosemary, paprika, parsley and a little Creole seasoning. Cover and cook for about twenty minutes.
    Cook fettucini and drain, while still hot mix pasta with Parmesan, cream cheese, and mozzarella. Layer half the fettucini in a casserole dish, put a layer of asparagus (I have used spinach or broccoli for this) then half the meat mixture and repeat layers. On top more Parmesan. Cover and bake about thirty minutes. When done top with more mozzarella and bake uncovered till cheese melts.

We had that with garlic bread and a green salad.

I'm trying out a new cookie recipe today, if they turn out good I'll post the recipe.

Lucy, beef stew sounds so good! I'll have to remember that! Our weather was snowy the end of last week and that would have been perfect. I know I'll get that opportunity again soon though.

Everybody have a great day!

#447   2013/10/22 08:13AM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Good Monday morning!

I was in an Italian mood this weekend so Saturday I made pizza and yesterday I made an Italian Fettucini Casserole. This recipe was based on one I found on line. Since I'm incapable of following recipes, this was the end result.

Ground beef cooked with onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic. Add one can of tomatoes, one can tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, rosemary, paprika, parsley and a little Creole seasoning. Cover and cook for about twenty minutes.
    Cook fettucini and drain, while still hot mix pasta with Parmesan, cream cheese, and mozzarella. Layer half the fettucini in a casserole dish, put a layer of asparagus (I have used spinach or broccoli for this) then half the meat mixture and repeat layers. On top more Parmesan. Cover and bake about thirty minutes. When done top with more mozzarella and bake uncovered till cheese melts.

We had that with garlic bread and a green salad.

I'm trying out a new cookie recipe today, if they turn out good I'll post the recipe.

Lucy, beef stew sounds so good! I'll have to remember that! Our weather was snowy the end of last week and that would have been perfect. I know I'll get that opportunity again soon though.

Everybody have a great day!

This is our first truly cold day still haven't turn on the heat but tonight my husband will be starting a fire because it has gone from mid sixties to 29 degrees.We will be having Chili for dinner with pepper jack corn bread.

This weekend is the big Fall Harvest parade and all my guests will be running in and out .I am not ready but it will be fun.I am having Coffee,Hot chocolate with cool whip and marshmallows,Apple cider,bottled water,Veggie soup ,Ham and beans,corn muffins and Brownie.People will come and go plus there are lots of food vendors at the festival.Our Church is giving away caramel apples and another Church is giving away Chili so I don't know how many people will eat or just run in and out for the bathroom. LOL I do know my kids youth group will eat up any left overs Sunday night

#448   2013/10/22 09:58AM
    Homesick Cajun

Lucy I forgot about your parade! I haven't found my appetizer recipes for a crowd. But what you have planned sounds great!

One place you can easily get recipes, if you want to look at more recipes for your party is Allrecipes.com. Their site lets you customize recipes for however many you want to feed. I love it for many reasons but that feature comes in really handy for me. Most recipes are for about six or eight people to begin with and with that I can easily cut it down to two or four since there's only the two of us.

Hope that helps if you need it.

#449   2013/10/22 01:10PM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Lucy I forgot about your parade! I haven't found my appetizer recipes for a crowd. But what you have planned sounds great!

One place you can easily get recipes, if you want to look at more recipes for your party is Allrecipes.com. Their site lets you customize recipes for however many you want to feed. I love it for many reasons but that feature comes in really handy for me. Most recipes are for about six or eight people to begin with and with that I can easily cut it down to two or four since there's only the two of us.

Thank you! it will be more like a big open house.
    I am getting stressed because life is so busy.
    I am not ready for company.
    I have an issue with my home being perfect and that has gotten harder and harder for me to maintain with the children and animals.
    I can be really hard on myself and others when things are not perfect.
    I loved living in the country because I didn't feel as on display as I do now and the Parade and family home is a big deal to my small town.LOL
    I question the wisdom of our move.Any therapist out there who want to give free advice?Don't tell me to get off the message board

#450   2013/10/22 03:41PM
    calliope

Quote LucyT:
    Quote Homesick Cajun: Lucy I forgot about your parade! I haven't found my appetizer recipes for a crowd. But what you have planned sounds great!

Thank you! it will be more like a big open house.
    I am getting stressed because life is so busy.
    I am not ready for company.
    I have an issue with my home being perfect and that has gotten harder and harder for me to maintain with the children and animals.
    I can be really hard on myself and others when things are not perfect.
    I loved living in the country because I didn't feel as on display as I do now and the Parade and family home is a big deal to my small town.LOL
    I question the wisdom of our move.Any therapist out there who want to give free advice?Don't tell me to get off the message board

Yep! Get off this message board if you are not a perfect cook and housekeeper!! How dare you come on here?
    Ha! I understand how you feel. I have never in my life had a desire to get down on my hands and knees with a Qtip and clean all the crevices! When my little girl was about 2 I was so frustrated at trying to do all I did before and play with her. She wanted books and playtime. I told my husband one night how stressed I was getting. He said "I would rather have a happy child than a clean house" well, God love him...that was my credo forever after! People really don't see what we think they see. As you say it is an in and out thing. Hide the clutter, dust and let them love you for who you are!

And if they don't, who cares??

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/22 03:42PM
    « 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list