recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/26 01:32PM, Views: 17943, Replies: 883
    « 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 » »| page:
    #431   2013/10/17 03:53AM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    Homesick Cajun

Good morning!

Lucy, let's not start a guilt thread. I don't have that kind of time. I'd be there all day! LOL

Yesterday I baked a whole chicken with lemons, onion and garlic inside and butter "slathered" doesn't that sound good, all over. I didn't feel good yesterday afternoon so I put it in early on low and let it cook slow all afternoon. It was literally falling apart when I took it out. DH said it was the best chicken I ever baked. Guess that's the secret, just put it in on low and forget about it. LOL

Everybody have a great day!

#432   2013/10/17 12:52PM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Good morning!

Lucy, let's not start a guilt thread. I don't have that kind of time. I'd be there all day! LOL

Yesterday I baked a whole chicken with lemons, onion and garlic inside and butter "slathered" doesn't that sound good, all over. I didn't feel good yesterday afternoon so I put it in early on low and let it cook slow all afternoon. It was literally falling apart when I took it out. DH said it was the best chicken I ever baked. Guess that's the secret, just put it in on low and forget about it. LOL

That chicken does sound good. I am hungry.I wish we didn't need to eat.Have I said that before? My kids love chicken cooked in every possible way.

I hope you are feeling better now.

#433   2013/10/18 05:57AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote LucyT:

That chicken does sound good. I am hungry.I wish we didn't need to eat.Have I said that before? My kids love chicken cooked in every possible way.

Oh, just think of the money we would save! With children, I would hate to even imagine what your grocery bill looks like! I think it's outrageous what we spend just for the two of us! Making my list now for this week and cringing while I do it!

Yes, thank you, I'm feeling better. Really nasty cough that I just can't seem to shake for some reason. Probably allergies. I have those really bad certain times of the year and spring and fall are the worst for me.

Last night I had a chicken sandwich with a left over chicken breast with mayo and some of the onions that were baked inside the chicken.

#434   2013/10/18 06:53AM
    calliope

Well I didn't cook it but.....went out to dinner with the whole family, minus 1 grandson, and I had Osso Bucco! I love Osso Bucco and haven't had it in years. With mashed potatoes, broccoli and yummy, yummy gravy.

#435   2013/10/18 07:12AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote calliope: Well I didn't cook it but.....went out to dinner with the whole family, minus 1 grandson, and I had Osso Bucco! I love Osso Bucco and haven't had it in years. With mashed potatoes, broccoli and yummy, yummy gravy.

Calliope, that sounds sooo good! DH loves Osso Bucco. It is so hard to find veal here for some reason. I haven't made it in years!

#436   2013/10/18 07:12AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote calliope: Well I didn't cook it but.....went out to dinner with the whole family, minus 1 grandson, and I had Osso Bucco! I love Osso Bucco and haven't had it in years. With mashed potatoes, broccoli and yummy, yummy gravy.

Calliope, that sounds sooo good! DH loves Osso Bucco. It is so hard to find veal here for some reason. I haven't made it in years!

#437   2013/10/18 07:35AM
    calliope

Quote Homesick Cajun:

You can use pork or beef shank too. I have made it with beef because I felt bad about the little calves. But veal is ideal.

#438   2013/10/18 08:34AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote calliope:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:

You can use pork or beef shank too. I have made it with beef because I felt bad about the little calves. But veal is ideal.

I like it with pork too, but it's just not the same. I feel bad for the little calves too! Strange we just can't find veal here, or lamb either for that matter. SMH

#439   2013/10/19 07:33AM
    LucyT

I have never had it but after reading threw the posts below I think I would love it.I am sorry but I really like meat and I like veal.Don't tell my kids especially the girls.We had lamb once and they loved it, then I told them BAD MOM!

#440   2013/10/19 07:38AM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote LucyT:

Oh, just think of the money we would save! With children, I would hate to even imagine what your grocery bill looks like! I think it's outrageous what we spend just for the two of us! Making my list now for this week and cringing while I do it!

Yes, thank you, I'm feeling better. Really nasty cough that I just can't seem to shake for some reason. Probably allergies. I have those really bad certain times of the year and spring and fall are the worst for me.

Last night I had a chicken sandwich with a left over chicken breast with mayo and some of the onions that were baked inside the chicken.

the hole process stresses me out.I know people like you who love to cook and are good at it who make amazing meals.I like to eat but if I don't think about food I don't need to eat for a long long time.I get tired of needing to fix food I don't want.Sounds terrible coming from A mom.

Buying and paying for fresh food is crazy these days.

Big day got to get kids ready for trick or treat so hope you all have a great day also!!

« 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list