recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/26 01:32PM, Views: 17367, Replies: 883
    « 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 » »| page:
    #411   2013/10/08 05:01PM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    calliope

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote calliope: You know...as I sit and think about the show, I don't remember how it ended. Could be I fell asleep?

We have it recorded and haven't watched it yet. If you don't have it recorded I can let you know how it ended when we watch. DH loves that show. It's a little more intense than I like, but James Spader does bad soooo good!

What I am wondering is will he be back? Maybe it will be a continuing story? Let me know please! Sparer is a good bad guy, he carries creepy well.

#412   2013/10/08 07:40PM
    calliope

And Ron Raines is on Person of Interest tonight! Looking as dapper as ever. (I must watch too much TV)

#413   2013/10/09 03:36AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote calliope:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote calliope: You know...as I sit and think about the show, I don't remember how it ended. Could be I fell asleep?

We have it recorded and haven't watched it yet. If you don't have it recorded I can let you know how it ended when we watch. DH loves that show. It's a little more intense than I like, but James Spader does bad soooo good!

What I am wondering is will he be back? Maybe it will be a continuing story? Let me know please! Sparer is a good bad guy, he carries creepy well.

I'll let you know as soon as we watch the episode! Told DH last night not to watch it without me! We may not get a chance to see it until the weekend though. That's when we catch up on the shows we have recorded. He is out of town so much during the week.

I had almost stopped watching Person of Interest but, I'm liking it again this season with more screen time for Sarah Shahi (Samantha) and Amy Acker (Root). DH loves that show too. Guess we watch too much tv too! LOL

#414   2013/10/09 06:20AM
    Homesick Cajun

I was here early and forgot what I came for! Short term memory is truly gone now.

Anyway, last night, back by popular demand, we had Cajun fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and cornbread. DH was in Heaven! When he really loves something he says it's "Horrible". LOL He told me last night about ten times how horrible the chicken was. That's my favorite review from him!

#415   2013/10/09 12:47PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope: And Ron Raines is on Person of Interest tonight! Looking as dapper as ever. (I must watch too much TV)

No such thing as to much t.v. unless your watching a talk show or reality show!

#416   2013/10/09 12:51PM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: I was here early and forgot what I came for! Short term memory is truly gone now.

Anyway, last night, back by popular demand, we had Cajun fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and cornbread. DH was in Heaven! When he really loves something he says it's "Horrible". LOL He told me last night about ten times how horrible the chicken was. That's my favorite review from him!

THat is so cute!!!!

my husband always says it's not bad which means it's awful I hear it a lot!He even told me last night that he should cook because he likes to!!! I have been waiting 26 plus years for him to decide I would never learn to cook!If there was a dancing emoticon I would be using it!!!

#417   2013/10/14 06:55AM
    LucyT

My husband must not hate my cooking enough I burnt burgers on the grill this weekend and fries in the house he claimed to like them that way.

We had N.Y. strips Cesar salad and roasted garlic potatoes from a box that was so disgusting .I never make boxed potatoes and now I know why!

We also had Italian beef and chips from the pizza place those where good!

Tonight I want to fix some pork tenderloins I bought they are cut thin so if anyone reads this please tell me how!!!!

#418   2013/10/14 07:58AM
    Calypso

Quote LucyT: My husband must not hate my cooking enough I burnt burgers on the grill this weekend and fries in the house he claimed to like them that way.

We had N.Y. strips Cesar salad and roasted garlic potatoes from a box that was so disgusting .I never make boxed potatoes and now I know why!

Tonight I want to fix some pork tenderloins I bought they are cut thin so if anyone reads this please tell me how!!!!

Hi Lucy,
    When I have very thin cut pork loins this is what I do:

Dip the meat in egg, then dredge in flour (I add pepper and curry powder).
    Saute in olive oil for a short time on each side until lightly browned.
    Place in baking dish and cover, can be heated on low for a while.

Make a cream sauce of butter and flour, cook till bubbly, add milk slowly to make the sauce. I add fresh dill to the sauce, and a little sherry.

Serve the pork with the dill sauce....my sides are usually homemade applesauce, honeyed carrots and some kind of potato like au gratin or roasted.

Good Luck!! the trick with thin pork is to not cook it tooooo much. You can use almost any sauce that you like on top.

#419   2013/10/14 08:16AM
    LucyT

Quote Calypso:
    Quote LucyT: My husband must not hate my cooking enough I burnt burgers on the grill this weekend and fries in the house he claimed to like them that way.

Hi Lucy,
    When I have very thin cut pork loins this is what I do:

Dip the meat in egg, then dredge in flour (I add pepper and curry powder).
    Saute in olive oil for a short time on each side until lightly browned.
    Place in baking dish and cover, can be heated on low for a while.

Make a cream sauce of butter and flour, cook till bubbly, add milk slowly to make the sauce. I add fresh dill to the sauce, and a little sherry.

Serve the pork with the dill sauce....my sides are usually homemade applesauce, honeyed carrots and some kind of potato like au gratin or roasted.

Good Luck!! the trick with thin pork is to not cook it tooooo much. You can use almost any sauce that you like on top.

The sauce sounds good I am pretty good at sauces but not great at not burning meat.

I love your side suggestions have not done Honeyed carrots for years.I used to love them and my kids will!

Thank you!!

We never eat tenderloin but it was on sale and sounded good to me.

#420   2013/10/15 05:46AM
    Homesick Cajun

Good morning!

Calypso, that sounds sooo good! We eat pork alot, in fact probably tomorrow night. Not a tenderloin though, a pork shoulder roast that DH picked up on sale. When I was cleaning it, I know why it was on sale! Ended up throwing a lot out!

Lucy, when you said your husband was going to start cooking, I was looking for him to post in here! LOL Good to see you!

Over the weekend we had BBQ rib tips, baked beans and garlic bread.

Last night London Broil and baked potatoes.

Everybody have a great day!

« 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list