recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/26 01:32PM, Views: 17313, Replies: 883
    « 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 » »| page:
    #391   2013/09/27 09:53AM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    Homesick Cajun

Good morning fellow cooks and Lucy!

I've been truly homesick this week so yesterday I made a big pot of red beans and rice. Well, I made the beans. DH was out of town so we're having red beans and rice and cornbread tonight! Can't wait! This place smelled soooo good yesterday. I let them simmer all day!

On the homesick note I'm going to make jambalaya this weekend. Just waiting for DH to tell me if he wants Cajun or Creole jambalaya. I'll let ya'll know what I end up making.

Everybody have a great Friday! Looking forward to the weekend. LSU football! Geaux Tigers!!

#392   2013/09/27 01:47PM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Good morning fellow cooks and Lucy!

I've been truly homesick this week so yesterday I made a big pot of red beans and rice. Well, I made the beans. DH was out of town so we're having red beans and rice and cornbread tonight! Can't wait! This place smelled soooo good yesterday. I let them simmer all day!

On the homesick note I'm going to make jambalaya this weekend. Just waiting for DH to tell me if he wants Cajun or Creole jambalaya. I'll let ya'll know what I end up making.

Everybody have a great Friday! Looking forward to the weekend. LSU football! Geaux Tigers!!

"and Lucy!"

Sorry your homesick.Do you ever get to visit? I get homesick for people sometimes weird I guess?

I am eating garden tomatoes tonight, pizza for the kids daddies working.Yea!!!

#393   2013/09/30 04:59AM
    Homesick Cajun

Good Monday Morning Everyone!

Well, my football weekend ended in a heartbreaker, but hopefully the Saints will do better tonight!!

No, Lucy, haven't been home since we moved here two years ago... It's just too expensive and DH so seldom gets to take off work. He has vacation days, but I don't see him able to take them. Probably will just cash them in this year. Maybe next year....

I ended up making a combination of Cajun and Creole jambalaya. Lots of cajun seasoning but I threw in tomatoes.

Also, I found a new, much better recipe for oatmeal/raisin cookies if anyone would like it. This one is far better and easier than the last one I posted.

Tonight is leftover Jambalaya! LOL No way to make a little.

Everybody have a great day!

#394   2013/10/01 02:15AM
    LucyT

I have a question does anyone here make a cookie that is an oatmeal raisin or apple cookie with caramel and cinnamon?

I bought a pre made dough for them last years as a fund raiser and my kids loved them but I can't get them this year.

HomesickCajun I thought of you last night my husband was wanting me to make jambalaya. I didn't though maybe this weekend. My husband doesn't get to cash in his vacation anymore.I kind of like it because he is forced to take off or lose the days of course he ends up taking them all at the end of the year but his company makes all the employees take them or lose them.

I hope all is well with everyone!!!!!!
    last night we had spaghetti with polish sausage, garlic bread,Cesar salad and a bag of air head extreams

#395   2013/10/01 05:34AM
    Homesick Cajun

Lucy, I found this oatmeal/raisin cookie recipe last week. We loved it and it's sooo much easier than the last one I posted.

3 eggs beaten
    1 cup raisins
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 cup butter
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 cup white sugar
    2 1/2 cups flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    2 cups oats

Combine eggs, raisins and vanilla. Cover and chill for one hour.
    Cream butter and sugars.
    Combine flour, salt, cinnamon and soda.
    Add dry ingredients to cream mixture
    Stir in egg and raisin mixture.
    Stir in oats.
    Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls on lightly greased cookie sheet. About two inches apart.
    Bake at 350 for 9 minutes for soft cookies. 10-12 minutes for crisp cookies.

We like these a lot!! Hope this helps!

#396   2013/10/01 06:11AM
    Calypso

HC, your cookies sound delicious.
    Lucy, maybe you could add butterscotch bits to this recipe. Butterscotch and caramel are somewhat similar.....Butterscotch is made with brown sugar and caramel is made with white sugar, but I can hardly tell the difference. You could also swap out apples and raisons, but you also might try dried apples, since fresh have so much liquid.

Over the weekend I made a bone in pork roast (like pork chops all stuck together) slathered with a mixture of olive oil, chopped garlic and rosemary. I served it with mashed potatoes/pan gravy, roasted cauliflower, and homemade applesauce.

#397   2013/10/01 08:34PM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Lucy, I found this oatmeal/raisin cookie recipe last week. We loved it and it's sooo much easier than the last one I posted.

3 eggs beaten
    1 cup raisins
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 cup butter
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 cup white sugar
    2 1/2 cups flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    2 cups oats

Combine eggs, raisins and vanilla. Cover and chill for one hour.
    Cream butter and sugars.
    Combine flour, salt, cinnamon and soda.
    Add dry ingredients to cream mixture
    Stir in egg and raisin mixture.
    Stir in oats.
    Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls on lightly greased cookie sheet. About two inches apart.
    Bake at 350 for 9 minutes for soft cookies. 10-12 minutes for crisp cookies.

We like these a lot!! Hope this helps!

Thank you it looks pretty easy the way I like it

#398   2013/10/01 08:37PM
    LucyT

Quote Calypso: HC, your cookies sound delicious.
    Lucy, maybe you could add butterscotch bits to this recipe. Butterscotch and caramel are somewhat similar.....Butterscotch is made with brown sugar and caramel is made with white sugar, but I can hardly tell the difference. You could also swap out apples and raisons, but you also might try dried apples, since fresh have so much liquid.

Over the weekend I made a bone in pork roast (like pork chops all stuck together) slathered with a mixture of olive oil, chopped garlic and rosemary. I served it with mashed potatoes/pan gravy, roasted cauliflower, and homemade applesauce.

I am starving LOL and that meal sounds so good right now.

We had Pizza again in the park!

#399   2013/10/03 05:36AM
    Homesick Cajun

Good morning all!

Lucy, that cookie recipe is really easy. I've only made it once so far, but it comes together easy and I think it's very forgiving like my chocolate chip cookie recipe. I highly recommend this oatmeal/raisin cookie recipe.

Calypso, your meal sounds so good. I love that word "slathered". Just makes everything sound so good!

Last night we had broiled sirloin steaks and baked potatoes. DH is out of town and I'm out of leftovers so, I have no clue what's on the menu for tonight. Have to look back over this thread and get some ideas.

Everybody have a great Thursday!

#400   2013/10/03 09:02PM
    LucyT

Tonight we had tacos exciting!!!!!!!I know slathered in sour cream for some not for me because I don't do sour cream did that make them sound yummier?

I also set on the porch and watched the sun set and ate cherry tomatoes from the garden. My favorite dessert!

« 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list