recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/26 01:32PM, Views: 18530, Replies: 883
    « 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 » »| page:
    #361   2013/09/14 09:55AM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    LucyT

Quote calliope: I am proud to say that my daughter is a hospice nurse. They are truly special people.

I would be proud also.You should tell her You know some people who think what she does is amazingly special.

#362   2013/09/14 09:59AM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote calliope: I am proud to say that my daughter is a hospice nurse. They are truly special people.

I'll bet you are proud! Incredible people! My mom's hospice nurse was not on duty the morning she passed away, it was 5am on a Saturday morning, but she knew it was the end and had left instructions for the nurse that was on duty to call her. She got up and drove all the way out to my mom's house, way out in the country at five on a Saturday morning. I shall never forget her. They really make a huge difference in the lives of the families when the time comes that medical science can do no more.

HSC,I am sorry about your mom. it sounds like her nurse was wonderful.I have met some very kind Hospice nurses. I think it must be a job requirement but you know you can't train people to be kind and genuine.They must be brought up that way or born that way.

#363   2013/09/16 06:56AM
    Homesick Cajun

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Talking to Stinky reminded me I haven't made spaghetti in a long while, so yesterday I made a big pot of spaghetti sauce and we had garlic bread and a green salad to go with.

Planning to make cabbage soup today with cornbread, but Dega is sick, he has an upset tummy. So I have spent my morning making chicken and rice for him. Hopefully I won't have to send him to the vet. I hate it almost as much as he does, if not more!

Everybody have a great Monday!

#364   2013/09/16 10:05AM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Talking to Stinky reminded me I haven't made spaghetti in a long while, so yesterday I made a big pot of spaghetti sauce and we had garlic bread and a green salad to go with.

Planning to make cabbage soup today with cornbread, but Dega is sick, he has an upset tummy. So I have spent my morning making chicken and rice for him. Hopefully I won't have to send him to the vet. I hate it almost as much as he does, if not more!

Everybody have a great Monday!

I hope he feels better soon nothing worse than when your kids are not feeling well so hard to be a parent pet or other wise.

#365   2013/09/17 09:20AM
    Homesick Cajun

Thanks Lucy. He's better but she got up sick this morning. DH came home from work yesterday at noon with a really bad sinus infection. I think I'll just run away from home!

Made the cabbage soup and cornbread yesterday. Cornbread was wonderful. The soup was horrible! LOL Went hand in hand with the rest of my day!

Every body have a great Tuesday!

#366   2013/09/17 11:49AM
    Calypso

Sorry to hear about sickness in your household HC......hope all will be better soon.

Supper tonight is baked scrod topped with ritz cracker crumbs with a little wine and butter. Served with sautéed spinach with chopped bacon, plus sliced tomatoes. It's almost the end of fresh tomatoes here.........

#367   2013/09/17 09:03PM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Thanks Lucy. He's better but she got up sick this morning. DH came home from work yesterday at noon with a really bad sinus infection. I think I'll just run away from home!

Made the cabbage soup and cornbread yesterday. Cornbread was wonderful. The soup was horrible! LOL Went hand in hand with the rest of my day!

Every body have a great Tuesday!

I'm so sorry.
    Don't run away they all need you.
    I made a cabbage soup one time for some crazy diet I was on.
    It was pretty good but it was the only thing you could eat or something like that.
    I don't know my main memory was of me hurling up that soup a week into the diet.
    I had just had my first son.
    I blame the idea on postpartum hormones and my husband trying to work off his baby weight. LOL.
    he gained more than I did with that pregnancy.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/17 09:04PM
    #368   2013/09/17 09:06PM
    LucyT

Quote Calypso: Sorry to hear about sickness in your household HC......hope all will be better soon.

Supper tonight is baked scrod topped with ritz cracker crumbs with a little wine and butter. Served with sautéed spinach with chopped bacon, plus sliced tomatoes. It's almost the end of fresh tomatoes here.........

My mouth is watering. sounds yummy!

#369   2013/09/19 04:49AM
    Homesick Cajun

Good morning!

I forgot to post in here yesterday! As you can see, I didn't run away from home. Two doses each of doggy pepto bismol and I am happy to report all is well. Now I have to shampoo the carpet. Grateful we didn't have to make a trip to the vet though.

Tuesday, since everybody was sick, I was in a hurry and threw a pork sirloin roast in the crock pot with some fresh mushrooms, onions, Italian seasoning, a couple of bay leaves. I had never made a port sirloin before, only the tenderloin. But this one was the best port roast I think I have ever made. And I was in such a hurry to get it started I really didn't do much to it. Always strange to me when the least amount of effort on my part sometimes has the best results.

Last night we had leftover spaghetti and garlic bread.

Everyone have a great day!

#370   2013/09/19 06:56AM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Good morning!

I forgot to post in here yesterday! As you can see, I didn't run away from home. Two doses each of doggy pepto bismol and I am happy to report all is well. Now I have to shampoo the carpet. Grateful we didn't have to make a trip to the vet though.

Tuesday, since everybody was sick, I was in a hurry and threw a pork sirloin roast in the crock pot with some fresh mushrooms, onions, Italian seasoning, a couple of bay leaves. I had never made a port sirloin before, only the tenderloin. But this one was the best port roast I think I have ever made. And I was in such a hurry to get it started I really didn't do much to it. Always strange to me when the least amount of effort on my part sometimes has the best results.

Last night we had leftover spaghetti and garlic bread.

Everyone have a great day!

Happy you didn't run away.I will try your sirloin I haven't before we don't eat a lot of pork other than bacon.
    We had spaghetti last night.

« 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list