recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/08/29 08:19AM, Views: 15106, Replies: 849
    « 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 » »| page:
    #291   2013/08/25 04:31AM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    Sinny-0-

Hi girls thanks HC for pointing me in this direction..

we had bacon wrapped pork tenderloin covered with maple syrup.. sooo yummy.. garlic mashed potatoes and baby carrots fresh from the garden.

I love food

#292   2013/08/25 05:28AM
    Homesick Cajun

Good morning everyone!

Sinny so glad you could join our little group of cooks!! This is my favorite place most days!

Last night I made a layered Mexican casserole I found on Taste of Home's website. It's called Enchilada Casser-Ole! It had great reviews and turned out really good! I did add chopped green and red bell pepper, a can of green chilies, and some chopped black olives that are not called for in the recipe. But, otherwise, I followed the recipe pretty close (close for me anyway lol).

Forgot to post yesterday, Friday night broiled steaks.

Stinky, I think that's a great idea about how we came up with names. Mine is fairly obvious lol but I wonder that about a lot of people too!

Lucy, I loved Friends as well, can hear Phoebe now singing Smelly Cat! LOL

Everybody have a great day!!!

#293   2013/08/25 07:14AM
    calliope

Today I have no idea what is for dinner. I will be heading out to a baby shower for my great-grandson Liam who will be arriving at the end of October. I mourned the day I realized there would be no more babies in our family but here comes Liam! I knew there would be great grand babies but I wasn't sure I would live long enough to hold one! We are all very excited for his arrival.
    Enjoy your day everyone and eat something wonderful!

#294   2013/08/25 08:58PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope: Today I have no idea what is for dinner. I will be heading out to a baby shower for my great-grandson Liam who will be arriving at the end of October. I mourned the day I realized there would be no more babies in our family but here comes Liam! I knew there would be great grand babies but I wasn't sure I would live long enough to hold one! We are all very excited for his arrival.

a new baby so exciting congratulations!

#295   2013/08/25 10:17PM
    StinkyCat

Quote calliope: Today I have no idea what is for dinner. I will be heading out to a baby shower for my great-grandson Liam who will be arriving at the end of October. I mourned the day I realized there would be no more babies in our family but here comes Liam! I knew there would be great grand babies but I wasn't sure I would live long enough to hold one! We are all very excited for his arrival.

Congratulations on little Liam! How very special that he will get to know his great grandmother!

I love coming to this site but haven't found the time to make any great meals to talk about. All of the dinners I read about on here sound amazing.

A week ago we had a one-year old granddaughter's first birthday party at our house for 65 people (I know, it is crazy) so I was busy getting ready for that and making salads. But nothing fancy enough to write about here. The party was fantastic. I told my daughter that she could invite whoever she wanted and I never dreamed there would be so many that would come. I am recovering.

We have another daughter that has an 8 month old baby girl who has been visiting with her family this weekend so we have had lots of baby fun. The 1 yr old has a 2 1/2 yr old sister... Lots of girls. I will have to introduce them to Y&R

But reading this site is my ritual before I go to bed at night.

#296   2013/08/26 03:48AM
    calliope

65. Wow Stinkycat you are brave.I am sure it was hectic but fun. My grandchildren are24, 23, 13, 11 and 8. All my daughters...the older ones are boys and the younger are girls. My boys have no children...they say she had enough for all of them! Grandchildren are wonderful.
    I have to get ready for work . Have a good day everyone.

#297   2013/08/26 04:33AM
    Homesick Cajun

Good Morning!!

Calliope how exciting! You must be beside yourself! October is just around the corner! How wonderful for you! You must keep all of us up to date! I never had kids but that's exciting news even for me to think about!

Stinky, funny how we have our different rituals. I get up crazy early so reading and posting are my early morning rituals.

Lucy, was thinking about your screen name, you could always change it to "Brownie Monster"!

Yesterday I baked a whole chicken, still trying to clean out my freezer. lol We had baked lemon chicken with baked potatoes. DH left this morning for Texas and won't be back till tomorrow night, so I'll be having leftover Mexican casserole tonight. I think it will be one of those things that are better leftover so I'm not complaining! LOL

#298   2013/08/26 06:50PM
    LucyT

Quote StinkyCat:

Congratulations on little Liam! How very special that he will get to know his great grandmother!

I love coming to this site but haven't found the time to make any great meals to talk about. All of the dinners I read about on here sound amazing.

A week ago we had a one-year old granddaughter's first birthday party at our house for 65 people (I know, it is crazy) so I was busy getting ready for that and making salads. But nothing fancy enough to write about here. The party was fantastic. I told my daughter that she could invite whoever she wanted and I never dreamed there would be so many that would come. I am recovering.

We have another daughter that has an 8 month old baby girl who has been visiting with her family this weekend so we have had lots of baby fun. The 1 yr old has a 2 1/2 yr old sister... Lots of girls. I will have to introduce them to Y&R

But reading this site is my ritual before I go to bed at night.

It doesn't need to be fancy I would prefer easy peasy because I don't do complicated well

and all those sweet girls sound like a lot of joy to me.

#299   2013/08/26 07:01PM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Good Morning!!

Calliope how exciting! You must be beside yourself! October is just around the corner! How wonderful for you! You must keep all of us up to date! I never had kids but that's exciting news even for me to think about!

Stinky, funny how we have our different rituals. I get up crazy early so reading and posting are my early morning rituals.

Lucy, was thinking about your screen name, you could always change it to "Brownie Monster"!

Yesterday I baked a whole chicken, still trying to clean out my freezer. lol We had baked lemon chicken with baked potatoes. DH left this morning for Texas and won't be back till tomorrow night, so I'll be having leftover Mexican casserole tonight. I think it will be one of those things that are better leftover so I'm not complaining! LOL

Yes,I could. We are loving your Brownies and I am countiing calories so I can eat them.I still haven't got the cookies down but I will.This week is busy we will be camping 5 or 6 days over a long weekend so.I am hoping to check in but if not I will be back to read all kinds of meal ideas.That I can borrow and not burn.

#300   2013/08/26 07:17PM
    calliope

Oh I can help you with camping meals! You take a wiener and put it on a stick and then...oh well, you know the recipe. No camping for me unless I have an air conditioned bedroom and a shower!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/26 07:18PM
    « 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list