recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/26 01:32PM, Views: 17156, Replies: 883
    « 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 » »| page:
    #281   2013/08/22 02:46PM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    Homesick Cajun

Hi Guys!

Last night we had fried pork chops. Seasoned with salt, pepper, Creole and cayenne seasoning. Lightly floured (I don't usually do that, but it keeps the splattering and burning fingers down) lol! Also steamed broccoli and English peas with carrots.

Brownie monster, I'm telling you, those white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies are awesome! DH is in Texas tonight and he just called sad because he had just eaten the last one he took with him! Will have to make more this weekend! LOL

Everybody have a great day!

#282   2013/08/22 02:56PM
    calliope

I love pork chops and used to cook them when Bob was alive. Especially stuffed pork chops. I have lost my touch because now they end up dry. Now I usually get the thin ones I just have to cook for a very few minutes.

#283   2013/08/22 05:24PM
    Homesick Cajun

I've never made stuffed pork chops. I've been looking at recipes for them. I've got some thick ones in the freezer I want to try stuffing. What kind of stuffing did you use?

#284   2013/08/22 05:55PM
    calliope

I just use a simple bread, onion, celery, lots of butter salt and pepper stuffing. Nothing fancy. And of course, gravy on top!

#285   2013/08/22 06:04PM
    Homesick Cajun

Lots of butter is always good! LOL I thought maybe you had a favorite brand. I make cornbread dressing from scratch at the holidays but I've only bought Pepperidge Farm stuffing. I've never made stuffing from scratch.

#286   2013/08/22 06:54PM
    calliope

I used to lay out the bread and let it get stale overnight but now I use Pepperidge farm and doctor it.

#287   2013/08/22 10:40PM
    StinkyCat

Quote LucyT:
    Quote StinkyCat:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote LucyT: Last nights dinner chicken fried rice with lots of veggies, watermelon and nasty banana cream pie my husband bought.May be he's trying to get me off of my new found dessert kick because the one bit I swallowed was more than enough.

I thought the watermelon counted as a dessert

I don't know what we will have tonight.I forgot to thaw anything.

I want to know why watermelon, cucumbers ,sliced tomatoes and corn on the cob does not count as a meal?

It does to me!!

It does to me too!!!

I am glad to read this and I will tell my family it does because Stinkycat said so!

Funny Lucy! I hope that your family enjoyed knowing that I agreed. Simple and easy is always good for me.

#288   2013/08/22 11:48PM
    LucyT

Quote StinkyCat:
    Quote LucyT:
    Quote StinkyCat:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote LucyT: Last nights dinner chicken fried rice with lots of veggies, watermelon and nasty banana cream pie my husband bought.May be he's trying to get me off of my new found dessert kick because the one bit I swallowed was more than enough.

I want to know why watermelon, cucumbers ,sliced tomatoes and corn on the cob does not count as a meal?

It does to me!!

It does to me too!!!

I am glad to read this and I will tell my family it does because Stinkycat said so!

Funny Lucy! I hope that your family enjoyed knowing that I agreed. Simple and easy is always good for me.

Sorry I just thought it would be funny to say' STINKYCAT said so"repeat that 10 times as fast as you can.

I agree simple and fresh as possible.My kids where worried about why Stinkycat is stinky

We had a good time with that

#289   2013/08/24 04:42PM
    StinkyCat

Quote LucyT:
    Quote StinkyCat:
    Quote LucyT:
    Quote StinkyCat:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:

It does to me!!

It does to me too!!!

Sorry I just thought it would be funny to say' STINKYCAT said so"repeat that 10 times as fast as you can.

I agree simple and fresh as possible.My kids where worried about why Stinkycat is stinky

I sometimes wonder how people came up with their names on here. I know Homesick Cajun is a displaced southern Louisianan. It could be another topic

You can tell your kids that when I registered on this site, I was sitting with my cat, named Stinky, on my lap. I looked at her and decided that is what my name will be.

The cat, originally named Brooke and who looked exactly like my pic when she was a kitten, got her name because even though she was adorable, when she went potty in the liter box, it was super stinky!!! So she got the nickname "Stinky" and unfortunately it stuck.

It is embarrassing sometimes when friends ask what the cute kitty's name is.

#290   2013/08/24 06:40PM
    LucyT

Quote StinkyCat:
    Quote LucyT:
    Quote StinkyCat:
    Quote LucyT:
    Quote StinkyCat:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:

It does to me!!

It does to me too!!!

I sometimes wonder how people came up with their names on here. I know Homesick Cajun is a displaced southern Louisianan. It could be another topic

You can tell your kids that when I registered on this site, I was sitting with my cat, named Stinky, on my lap. I looked at her and decided that is what my name will be.

The cat, originally named Brooke and who looked exactly like my pic when she was a kitten, got her name because even though she was adorable, when she went potty in the liter box, it was super stinky!!! So she got the nickname "Stinky" and unfortunately it stuck.

It is embarrassing sometimes when friends ask what the cute kitty's name is.

Poor kitty every time I see your post I think about that song Phoebe used to sing on friends did you ever watch that.

Do you ever get the feeling I have ADD

I wonder all the time about that

Anyway I think stinky cat is kind of adorable my kids love to use descriptive words for pets names like White Fluffy and Dog.

Now calling poor Brooke stinkycat ... well, please, not on this board

You know I'm teasing right?

I like the originalness of your name.I am not very original.

« 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list