recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/19 09:50AM, Views: 15998, Replies: 881
    « 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » »| page:
    #271   2013/08/20 03:47PM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    calliope

Yes please, be sure they are truly dead!
    We lived in NH for a couple of years. That is the only time I have heard the expression. Wicked cool, wicked bad, wicked everything. My kids still use the expression occasionally . I am originally from PA and have lived in northern states of NH, NJ and NY but never heard it anywhere but NH!

#272   2013/08/20 07:41PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope:
    Quote LucyT: Last nights dinner chicken fried rice with lots of veggies, watermelon and nasty banana cream pie my husband bought.May be he's trying to get me off of my new found dessert kick because the one bit I swallowed was more than enough.

I thought the watermelon counted as a dessert

I don't know what we will have tonight.I forgot to thaw anything.

I want to know why watermelon, cucumbers ,sliced tomatoes and corn on the cob does not count as a meal?

I think it does Lucy! Growing up we sometimes just had garden stuff. Corn on the cob, tomatoes and green onions ! Great summertime fare. The first time I tried to serve that to my husband he actually did say "Where's the meat?" I never tried that menu again!

I know I asked my family What do you want for dinner?
    THEME:We don't care
    ME:We are having cucumbers,tomatoes, corn an the cob and watermelon.
    THEME:
    ME:and here is where I got myself into trouble O.K.?
    MY HUSBAND:We are going to pizza hut
    ME:Have fun
    They left
    Me

#273   2013/08/20 07:43PM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote calliope:
    Quote LucyT: Last nights dinner chicken fried rice with lots of veggies, watermelon and nasty banana cream pie my husband bought.May be he's trying to get me off of my new found dessert kick because the one bit I swallowed was more than enough.

I want to know why watermelon, cucumbers ,sliced tomatoes and corn on the cob does not count as a meal?

I think it does Lucy! Growing up we sometimes just had garden stuff. Corn on the cob, tomatoes and green onions ! Great summertime fare. The first time I tried to serve that to my husband he actually did say "Where's the meat?" I never tried that menu again!

OMG! My absolute favorite meal is fried sweet corn, peas from the garden, sliced sweet onion and cornbread! Would rather have that than anything! My mom would always make that for my birthday! She knew it was my favorite! Miss that.

I wish I had a summer Birthday and peas from the garden.

#274   2013/08/20 07:45PM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote calliope: I've never done fried. Just off the cob and fried in butter?

Ooooh! Fresh cut off the cob, let sit for about 30 minutes in sugar and milk. Then fried in a good bit of Crisco shortening! In a very hot cast iron skillet. Have to stir the entire time! Only takes a minute to cook this way. Oh, it is wicked good!

I have never even heard of it before.It does sound wicked though.

#275   2013/08/21 01:15AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote LucyT:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote calliope:

OMG! My absolute favorite meal is fried sweet corn, peas from the garden, sliced sweet onion and cornbread! Would rather have that than anything! My mom would always make that for my birthday! She knew it was my favorite! Miss that.

I wish I had a summer Birthday and peas from the garden.

Actually, my birthday is in October. But in south Louisiana things are still growing and being picked fresh daily. My mother always had a HUGE garden! That was her pride and joy!! Her real passion! Boy did she have a green thumb! We would spend all summer shelling, canning, freezing, etc., and eat like that all winter! Oh, makes me hungry just to think about it!!!!

#276   2013/08/21 05:52AM
    sgtppr

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote calliope: I've never done fried. Just off the cob and fried in butter?

Ooooh! Fresh cut off the cob, let sit for about 30 minutes in sugar and milk. Then fried in a good bit of Crisco shortening! In a very hot cast iron skillet. Have to stir the entire time! Only takes a minute to cook this way. Oh, it is wicked good!

I use butter and a bit of onion to fry my corn

#277   2013/08/21 01:04PM
    Homesick Cajun

Hi Guys!

Sgtppr that sounds great! I've never tried frying corn in butter, but I'm sure it is awesome!

Well, I did the Italian roast in the crock pot yesterday and it turned out really good. Unfortunately, I took bits and pieces from several recipes I saw online so I probably couldn't recreate it if I tried! LOL We had that and egg noodles with the gravy and garlic bread. Just had some of the leftovers for lunch and even better the next day!

Hope everybody has a great day!

#278   2013/08/21 10:08PM
    StinkyCat

Quote Homesick Cajun:

It does to me!!

It does to me too!!!

#279   2013/08/21 10:13PM
    LucyT

Quote StinkyCat:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:

It does to me!!

It does to me too!!!

I am glad to read this and I will tell my family it does because Stinkycat said so!

#280   2013/08/22 02:30PM
    LucyT

Tonight grilled NY strips marinaded in Italian dressing and grilled veggies.

BROWNIES for dessert because someone got me hooked

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/22 02:31PM
    « 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list